Vuvuzela's at the Globe

Vuvuzela's at the Globe

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:27 am

Macclesfield are having a vote on yes or no at Moss Rose. The fans will decide and if it is a no, they will be banned if it is a yes, they will sell them in their Club Shop.

YES or NO :?:

http://www.mtfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0 ... 61,00.html
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: Vuvuzela's at the Globe

Postby ezz » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:28 am

All I know is my mates vuvuzela will be coming with me to the globe, whether i have the lungs to make that noise for 90 mins is to be found out.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:31 am

If they were used "intermittently" during certain periods of play I would agree with them, but pointlessly sounding them off for 90 mins and drowning out chants and singing just does'nt do anything for me.
marky No.1

Postby shrimper » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:33 am

It does for me. It makes me want to take hold of them and ram.......
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Heysham_red » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:40 am

marky No.1 wrote:If they were used "intermittently" during certain periods of play I would agree with them, but pointlessly sounding them off for 90 mins and drowning out chants and singing just does'nt do anything for me.

I agree. I would vote no. I still believe they ruined the atmosphere at the world cup, Not just the singing either. When a goal was scored they would get louder and drown out the pure emotions and joy of the fans.
Heysham_red

Postby paulshrimp » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:44 am

Horrible noise. No place for them in English football!!!
paulshrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:54 am

The short answer is no.

The long answer is .... nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:33 am

NO totally agaist them they ruin the atmosphere in the ground.

A No from Carlisle
http://www.carlisleunited.co.uk/page/Ne ... 50,00.html
heysham_mfc

Postby SkinnyShrimp » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:50 am

Did any of those saying no actually go to the world cup? - I think you may have a different opinion if you did as to say they ruined the atmosphere is absolute b*llocks. They may have made it uncomfortable listening whilst watching the games on TV but in and around the ground they are fantastic and in my opinion they absolutely made the atmosphere in South Africa.
Very few other nationalities chant at games - most England chants are moronic (10 German Bombers, No surrender to the IRA etc) so lets not pretend international matches have always had a great atmosphere as most times I have watched England its been the exact opposite.

As for Morecambe, the atmosphere at Christie 95% of the time was poor (sorry but its true) whilst away it was the complete opposite and I love watching Morecambe away as most times 150 Morecambe out sing 3,000 home fans and they are a real credit to the club as often stated by other fans.

Vuvuzelas at the Globe? - I'd say yes - we need all the help we can get in creating a great atmosphere that is fun and entertaining for the home fans whilst being hostile and intimidating to the away team and fans - inside the ground I must stress! - The club should hand them out FOC before the Coventry game and we should blast them back down the M6 and out of the cup!

Please reserve your judgement until you have experienced a game and a large number of fans blowing them in unison as in my opinion its adds to the atmosphere and builds the excitement.

Being pessimistic I think they will be banned anyway as some numpty will no doubt throw one on the pitch and health & safety clowns with nothing better to do will ban them as a highly dangerous weapon - you know a bit like an inflatable beach ball that injures so many fans every year in our stadiums.
SkinnyShrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:58 am

SkinnyShrimp wrote:Did any of those saying no actually go to the world cup? - I think you may have a different opinion if you did as to say they ruined the atmosphere is absolute b*llocks. They may have made it uncomfortable listening whilst watching the games on TV but in and around the ground they are fantastic and in my opinion they absolutely made the atmosphere in South Africa.
Very few other nationalities chant at games - most England chants are moronic (10 German Bombers, No surrender to the IRA etc) so lets not pretend international matches have always had a great atmosphere as most times I have watched England its been the exact opposite.

As for Morecambe, the atmosphere at Christie 95% of the time was poor (sorry but its true) whilst away it was the complete opposite and I love watching Morecambe away as most times 150 Morecambe out sing 3,000 home fans and they are a real credit to the club as often stated by other fans.

Vuvuzelas at the Globe? - I'd say yes - we need all the help we can get in creating a great atmosphere that is fun and entertaining for the home fans whilst being hostile and intimidating to the away team and fans - inside the ground I must stress! - The club should hand them out FOC before the Coventry game and we should blast them back down the M6 and out of the cup!

Please reserve your judgement until you have experienced a game and a large number of fans blowing them in unison as in my opinion its adds to the atmosphere and builds the excitement.

Being pessimistic I think they will be banned anyway as some numpty will no doubt throw one on the pitch and health & safety clowns with nothing better to do will ban them as a highly dangerous weapon - you know a bit like an inflatable beach ball that injures so many fans every year in our stadiums.

Interesting viewpoint but I can't help think of the reaction with 144 decibels in your ear from the person next to you. they have already been banned in Ipswich and Leicester.
vuvu.jpg

Although allowing them in a section of the North Stand near the away fans would be quite interesting.
marky No.1

Postby Gnasher » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:07 pm

I've heard one being blown outside my house and then some annoying little ..... was blasting one outside the office on Wednesday. Having heard them from a bit of a distance away, I definitely would not stand near one in a football ground.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:12 pm

I definitely would not stand near one in a football ground

Same here Gnasher. No chance. Sorry Skinny Shrimp mate.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby SkinnyShrimp » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:14 pm

Trust me it's not that easy to get any sort of loud noise of them :lol:

It takes a bit of practice and you physically can't blow the thing for 90 mins - your lips, lungs and head will give in long before!

I will admit though if someone does blow it close to your ear it's not nice but most blow them whilst holding them pointing up so it's not that bad.

Suppose its a bit like marmite and we will never all agree but then lots don't like homophobic chanting, 'do you take it up...' swearing, spitting, smoking, goading opposition fans, booing your team, running on the pitch when asked not too etc, etc but it happens and all adds to the 'football experience'.

Will be interesting to see what our illustrious leaders in the FA make of it all and whether the vuvuzela will become part of our game - personally I think they should let it go and see what happens as it will most likely be a bit of a fad and die out.

But I will always have mine on the wall as a reminder of world cup 2010
SkinnyShrimp

Postby Posh » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:27 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Interesting viewpoint but I can't help think of the reaction with 144 decibels in your ear from the person next to you. they have already been banned in Ipswich and Leicester.
vuvu.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA0f1jKq83A
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby RedRedWine1 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:36 pm

No. No. No.

For the size of our home gate I think the atmosphere is quite decent, and certainly picked up towards the back end of the season. A loud noise does not equate to a good atmosphere. When the brass band played in front of the North Stand during the last league game of the season it didn't create an atmosphere, it was just bloody annoying. So IMO If anything the incessant noise of a plastic trumpet would be a detrimental addition to the atmosphere at Christie Park, and could put people off coming in the long-run.

The vuvuzela may be part of the apparent culture in African football, but it most certainly is not over here. For me apart from the standard of football being quite forgettable at the World Cup, the biggest disappointment was that the voice of Africa was lost in a buzzing irrelevance.
RedRedWine1

Postby The Fury » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:58 pm

RedRedWine wrote:No. No. No.

So IMO If anything the incessant noise of a plastic trumpet would be a detrimental addition to the atmosphere at Christie Park, and could put people off coming in the long-run.

Aye, I'm sure folk in the fruit and veg aisle probably would end up going to Morrisons.
The Fury

Postby Keith » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:02 pm

The Fury wrote:
RedRedWine wrote:No. No. No.

So IMO If anything the incessant noise of a plastic trumpet would be a detrimental addition to the atmosphere at Christie Park, and could put people off coming in the long-run.

Aye, I'm sure folk in the fruit and veg aisle probably would end up going to Morrisons.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I wonder how long this mistake will run for?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:31 pm

marky No.1

Postby Christie Top Cat » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:30 pm

And it's a NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO from me , much rather hear traditional singing etc.Will bring a tennis ball just in case to stuff in the end!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:
Christie Top Cat

Postby Plain Peter » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:58 pm

Bring back the rattle :shock: .
I'm with skinny shrimp, or at least give it a chance.
And me and Doris don't like random noise (aka that one-man ear-piercing monotonous garbage) just for the sake of it.
Plain Peter

Postby Little Shrimp » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:02 pm

Just no................
Little Shrimp

Postby marky » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:02 pm

No, no and no. Having put up with the local charvers blowing on the damn things for the last month, I for one hope I've heard the last of the vuvuzela!
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Plain Peter » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:18 pm

Surely though, with a few holes along the top, they could be made more tuneful.
With a bit of background drumming it'd be quite relaxing.
Plain Peter

Postby Christies Child » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:18 pm

Spoil sports the lot of ya!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:53 pm

Just thinking about our new walls at the Globe...might be a good idea to ban them! :D
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Next

Return to General Discussion