Pre Season Friendly News.....

Pre Season Friendly News.....

Postby The Bay » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:20 pm

The Shrimps are to arrange a number of behind closed doors friendlies in an effort to fill the gap left by the postponement of the games scheduled for the Globe Arena.

Secretary Neil Marsdin said the club had received several offers from clubs about possible last minute fixtures but had plumped for the more informal games.

Neil said: "We have had a great many offers from clubs in the Conference North, and South plus approaches from Evostik League clubs (ex Unibond) inviting us for games, and to all those clubs we are very grateful for their offers of help.

"However it has been decided that with the games we have and the addition of a couple of games against higher opposition behind closed doors, that that will suffice.''

He went on to say: "Behind closed doors games do enable the management to bring trialists in without the same regulations applying and it also means that changes to the team during the game are not governed in the same way, so it may well prove to be more beneficial than games

"This does not minimise the loss of the three games against Bolton Wanderers, Preston North End and Manchester City and we are grateful to those clubs who have been most understanding over the cancellation of the games we had planned with them.

"We are hoping to reschedule at least one of those games, perhaps for a week when some players are away on international duty and no first team games are scheduled.''
The Bay's Goalzone - Saturday's 2-6pm & Tuesday's 7-10pm - Interviews & All The Action
http://www.thebay.co.uk
FOLLOW THE SHOW ON TWITTER - @dpsalmon or @TheBayGoalzone
The Bay

Re: Pre Season Friendly News.....

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:23 pm

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Will they not get stage fright when the real stuff starts? :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Weetabix Kid » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:31 pm

I know there are some implications with a 'safety certificate'

will the closed door games count towards acheiving this?

sorry if a stupid question, just not a clue myself
Weetabix Kid

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:59 pm

Weetabix Kid wrote:I know there are some implications with a 'safety certificate'

Are these games even at the new ground because it doesn't say not sure if they do count towards a safety certificate because they are behind closed door so there wont be anyone in the stadium to test it all out.
heysham_mfc

Postby George Dawes » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:29 pm

Great news. This could benifit, us more than before
George Dawes

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:51 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:
Weetabix Kid wrote:I know there are some implications with a 'safety certificate'

Are these games even at the new ground because it doesn't say not sure if they do count towards a safety certificate because they are behind closed door so there wont be anyone in the stadium to test it all out.

You can apply for a safety certificate here: http://www.sefton.gov.uk/default.aspx?page=5003

"During Performance inspections should be made from time to time, on match days or during other sporting occasions, to ensure that the terms and conditions of the Certificate are suitable and appropriate"
As we are lower than 10,000 spectators we should only need a general safety certificate. (hard luck B2net :lol: ) as our ground is new build and the safety people already have all the specs. and watched it go up, there is really no need for a "trial" game
marky No.1

Postby 1953 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:04 pm

Dear "heysham mfc". You really must sort out your punctuation. Could'nt understand a thing you said :? :? :?

Postby Keith » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:55 pm

The Bay wrote:The Shrimps are to arrange a number of behind closed doors friendlies in an effort to fill the gap left by the postponement of the games scheduled for the Globe Arena.

Well why not keep the original fixtures but tell Bolton, Preston & Man City that they were behind closed doors? I doubt if their management were overly concerned about subjecting their players to the raging cauldron that will be The Globe Arena!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:07 pm

Keith wrote:
The Bay wrote:The Shrimps are to arrange a number of behind closed doors friendlies in an effort to fill the gap left by the postponement of the games scheduled for the Globe Arena.

Well why not keep the original fixtures but tell Bolton, Preston & Man City that they were behind closed doors? I doubt if their management were overly concerned about subjecting their players to the raging cauldron that will be The Globe Arena!

Bolton have already re scheduled and are playing Oldham
marky No.1

Postby Harry » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:47 pm

Surely Massive Hammer can't be the only place to get my preseason football fix??
Harry

Postby bigreddog » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:50 pm

oh well, if the new games ar behind closed doors then fair enough, I can see the logic. Of to giant axe next week for our customary lice of football comedy then, anyone for a few in the sun beforehand?
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby Christies Child » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:57 pm

Just wondering which full time clubs will be playing us behind THEIR closed doors.

Probably League 1 clubs who wish to do likewise.

From bushes to step ladders! 8-)

:?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby bigreddog » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:59 pm

Christies Child wrote:

There's no way of that not sounding slightly pervy :o
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
bigreddog

Postby Christies Child » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:01 pm

bigreddog wrote:
Christies Child wrote:

There's no way of that not sounding slightly pervy :o

Some people have vivid imaginations!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby bigreddog » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:03 pm

well there was one night in Blackpool, but I was very very drunk ;)
Fans' Club Morecambe

bigreddog

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:27 pm

1953 wrote:Dear "heysham mfc". You really must sort out your punctuation. Could'nt understand a thing you said :? :? :?

Maybe you should check your own puctuation first!
heysham_mfc

Postby 1953 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:10 am

Point taken. Could'nt should have read "couldn't". However, I still don't know what you were trying to say!! :roll: :roll:

Return to General Discussion