Jobs at the Globe

Re: Jobs at the Globe

Postby Keith » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:42 pm

Gnasher wrote:Or a page of Morecambe jobs taken from various web sites (includes Globe jobs)

http://morecambelife.co.uk/?page_id=58

This one should be on morecombelife.co.uk!!!

Sales Executive, Morecombe, Automotive Motor Trade Job
Morecambe, Lancashire
£10000 - £35000 annum

“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby darrenlock » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:52 pm

Cool.

Hope the stadium attendance is better than the 2200 of last season.

And just been past the stadium and boy it looks lovly
darrenlock

Postby Gnasher » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:55 pm

This one should be on morecombelife.co.uk!!!

If you set up google alerts for both morecambe and morecombe, there's as many combe's as cambe's :(
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:11 pm

mr darrenlock I dont know who you are but I can assure you you wont get a security job with a sci licence...i have been in security for seven years and you need an sia licence which cost 245 pound plus you have to sit and pass an exam before you get qualified
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Plain Peter » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:24 pm

shrimps1970 wrote:mr darrenlock I dont know who you are but I can assure you you wont get a security job with a sci licence...i have been in security for seven years and you need an sia licence which cost 245 pound plus you have to sit and pass an exam before you get qualified

He means sky-licence, as in he's also a qualified helicopter pilot, and will be doing surveillance from 500 feet.
So all you lot making that lane down from The York a smelly pee-run can standby, cos Darren will haver yer 8-)
Mark S might take note too, as you might have to shout a bit louder through your megaphone :lol: :lol:
Plain Peter

Postby darrenlock » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:24 pm

Had my job interview and i was wet with all the rain .

I was nervous and over 700 people went for those jobs and i was on the short list so i think i have a 50-50 of getting a job hope so
darrenlock

Postby Christies Child » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:30 pm

darrenlock wrote:Had my job interview and i was wet with all the rain .

I was nervous and over 700 people went for those jobs and i was on the short list so i think i have a 50-50 of getting a job hope so

Hope you get it Darren
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby darrenlock » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:38 pm

Thank you cc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM12Ggt1 ... re=related

Watching life of brain clough good film.

Leeds you beep dirty beep Revie who revie you destroyed english football in the 80s when as boss
darrenlock

Postby Sammy h » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:41 pm

Think i saw a position for waterboy, wonder who would get that role? :lol:
Sammy h

Postby Wild Bill » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:55 pm

shrimps1970 wrote:mr darrenlock I dont know who you are but I can assure you you wont get a security job with a sci licence...i have been in security for seven years and you need an sia licence which cost 245 pound plus you have to sit and pass an exam before you get qualified

Darren never made his training course for SIA course! (I have inside information ;) )

Still, good luck with the job. Which one did you go for?
Wild Bill

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:58 pm

darrenlock wrote:Thank you cc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM12Ggt1 ... re=related

Watching life of brain clough good film.
Leeds you beep dirty beep Revie who revie you destroyed english football in the 80s when as boss

The Damned United again or the Monty Python classic ??!!! :? :? :? dot com
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:00 pm

Wild Bill wrote:

Darren never made his training course for SIA course! (I have inside information ;) )

Still, good luck with the job. Which one did you go for?

WHAT :shock:

with all them qualifications :o :o
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby darrenlock » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:13 pm

Inside info f you.

I did not do the exam and did not complete the course why because I decided to go 2 job interviews instead .

I had 2 job interviews and decided to go down south 2 visit my mother because she has breast cancer am I love her alot.

So please dont underate me i am on job seekers to seek a job and not do some security course where at the moment they was not alot of security shh that bit was inside information.

Look i can take a joke a here but no-one takes the piss out off me working hard in school getting good grades we are in a recession .
And work is tight and I was thinking I would be better in other working sectors like call centers or chef/kitchen portering thinking of becoming a chef now.

Id give any sv's all the respect they deserve.
darrenlock

Postby darrenlock » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:15 pm

So please dont underate me i am on job seekers to seek a job and not do some security course where at the moment there was not alot of security work I got told from a local source that has recently lost his job as a security guard 6 months and cant find work any where else so what chances did I have shh that bit was inside information.

:| :| :| :|
darrenlock

Postby Keith » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:50 pm

I thought you had a job at Witherspoons?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby scar » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:54 pm

darrenlock wrote:And work is tight and I was thinking I would be better in other working sectors like call centers or chef/kitchen portering thinking of becoming a chef now.

Inside information for you here if your thinking about changing your career direction;

At present there is little employment opportunities for Chef's, as there is a lot of Chef's available, even the temp agencies have loads on their books who aren't working.

Don't know about call centres but would have thought that the more it costs to employ someone in the UK and the cheaper it becomes to employ someone in say India and have the calls internationally routed, that it's an area of employment that dropping.
scar

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:57 pm

on the other hand if you have any experience in building a football stadium.....
heysham_mfc

Postby darrenlock » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:02 pm

I was at Wetherspoons and it did not work out due 2 family reasons in essex with my mother is was hard for me 2 concentrate when I was at work.
And needed a break and decided to come back to Morecambe about 6 weeks ago and did this security course and it was not for me .
I want 2 work where i can have passion and pride in my job keith
darrenlock

Postby Wild Bill » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:05 pm

Slow down a bit and focus on one job at a time and you will be fine. Good luck Darren!
Wild Bill

Postby darrenlock » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:12 pm

Cheers It was just I could not concentrate on work or course (securit) because of my mums illness and relationship issues
darrenlock

Postby darrenlock » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:13 pm

security course just been a whirlwind time the last 6 weeks that is all.

I am sorry if i over reacted
darrenlock

Postby Christies Child » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:37 pm

darrenlock wrote:security course just been a whirlwind time the last 6 weeks that is all.

Sounds as though you are having a rough time of it at the moment.

Life can be a bitch at times. Something that everybody will / has experienced sometime. It took me 9 months to get back into a normal lifestyle....despite the odd sarcastic remark from some SVs.

Live for today, 'cause you can do sod all about tomorrow!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:41 pm

Christies Child wrote:
darrenlock wrote:security course just been a whirlwind time the last 6 weeks that is all.

Sounds as though you are having a rough time of it at the moment.

Life can be a bitch at times. Something that everybody will / has experienced sometime. It took me 9 months to get back into a normal lifestyle....despite the odd sarcastic remark from some SVs.

Live for today, 'cause you can do sod all about tomorrow!

Hear Hear

dont let the ba.....s get you down locky :)
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby darrenlock » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:43 pm

Just sometimes i know i am a red blooded male and sometimes i cant control my emotions that is all i am not violent.
I believe in myself and hope that Morecambe are sucessfull 3rd hick hick
darrenlock

Previous

Return to General Discussion