DSC02994.jpg
DSC02994.jpg (40.22 KiB) Viewed 1543 times

A free-kick was not given for this
DSC03111.jpg
DSC03111.jpg (40.06 KiB) Viewed 1538 times
Phoenix

Re: Consistency

Postby Vinny » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:21 pm

Is that not consistency? Or is that inconsistency? :roll: I must say I was not impressed by the Ref's influence or control over the game today, but at least there were no needless cards given. Having said that, I thought the hefty challange on Blinks in the second half and the Daggers all too familiar time-wasting tactics could have been penalised with a card.
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby Plain Peter » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:33 pm

Give it a rest Brian.
Did the ref have the same benefit as your instant images?
And what was, or was not, going on away from what your camera was a pointed at?
It'd be wonderful for a game to last 5 hours while it kept stopping every few clicks of your brownie :roll:
Plain Peter

Postby John L » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:52 pm

Surely these are the things that the officials should be picking up on?
John L

Postby Plain Peter » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:09 pm

John L wrote:Surely these are the things that the officials should be picking up on?

Absolutely.
Stop the game every 2 minutes, and analyse Brian's images ;) .
Get a life mate.
Plain Peter

Postby UnitedShrimp » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:23 am

Still images show next to nothing,dont forget the officials see in real time and are not stood in the same place as the photographer otherwise they would be in the picture too.Humans make errors, one minute a striker can hit row Z, the next shot a stunning goal ,thats why we all love the game,you cannot predict it.Just accept it happens and equals out over a season.Respect.
UnitedShrimp

Postby Aspers » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:34 am

Peter, your constant goading of Phoenix and the tone of your replies are really unfriendly.
Big up to Phoenix for not having a go back.

I thought the images shown highlight the inconsistencies shown in the application of the rules by refs.
Of course no ones stupid, and no one expects the game to be stopped, but the camera doesn't lie.
If the ref caught the 1st foul, how come he didn't catch the others, because he missed them, human error we know it happens and we do expect it and accept it.

I would like to thank Phoenix for the photos because it means we can blame the ref and not our lack lustre crap performance for the defeat. If we'd have been given those free kicks we could've scored twice and bingo 3-2 to us.
Aspers

Postby marky » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:55 am

Clutching at straws, Aspers, clutching at straws.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Adrian (Daggers) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:59 am

I'm sure there were no occassions during the game at all when he didn't give those sort of fouls on Dagenham players either, or give others on Morecambe players.

It's amazing what you can prove when you pick the right pictures to show.
Adrian (Daggers)

Postby Phoenix » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:45 am

The word at the top is consistency. That's not spelt b-i-a-s-e-d or w-e-s-h-o-u-l-d-h-a-v-e-w-o-n.
Phoenix

Postby Adrian (Daggers) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:48 am

And it was just coincidence that the foul given was on a Dagenham player, but those not given on Morecambe players.
Adrian (Daggers)

Postby Aspers » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:00 pm

Thats the point lad, you were bettert than us.

If the ref would have played fair instead of being biased because his sister is married to thaat lad who plays int reserves and his mum used to know a window cleaner from Dagenham and he's got a ford car.

Should I go on Adrian from Daggers.

I am unbelievably BIASED if anyone ever wants to have a go at me for being biased, you've won, I am I'm not apologising for it. Its my right as a Northerner.
And its OUR message board we will only show pictures that put us in a good light.

Well we show whatever Phoenix puts on but I was enjoying my rant and yes as you all know I may get a little carried away at times.

I'm stuck at Sydney airport, waiting for the Boss to come back from Kiwi land.
Bloody flight got diverted to Brisvegas, only 2 sodding hours late and then I found this little machine called netkiosk and here I am.
Sh'e better have some wicked Duty free.
Aspers

Postby Keith » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:07 pm

No escape from Aspers, King of Rants!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was also going to point out that of course we're biased, it's our message board, reason and truth have no place here... but you did it so much better! :lol:

PS Welcome to the message board Adrian and congratulations on being top of the league, ya cheatin', divin', time wastin', ref bribin', fluky, lucky twats ya... :roll: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Phoenix » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:34 pm

And it was just coincidence that the foul given was on a Dagenham player, but those not given on Morecambe players.

Seeing as I am a morecambe photographer concentrating on morecambe play, I'm not surprised they look biased which is why I intentionally used the word consistancy and little other commentary. Truth be known I do not have any photos, except for the first above, of a morecambe player pulling a daggers shirt. However I could add 3 more daggers pulling morecambe shirts if you want to prove me biased.

As has been said, the camera catches a moment in time. It was pure coincidence and being bised towards capturing morecambe play that you see what you see above.

I would still like to see some consistency in refereeing standards, either way.
Phoenix

Return to General Discussion