A PLEA TO THE CLUB !!!!

Re: A PLEA TO THE CLUB !!!!

Postby George Dawes » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:06 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:Thats a bit on the libelous side if you ask me :roll:

And all i do is drive a van, i would delete that sharpish :lol:

huh please explain what bit is libelous? after i quoted that off there website?

are you saying am making that figure up in my head ? when it's stated there in black & white?

money out of a reported 12m as clearly gone elsewhere maybe it's being saved for a rainy day or buying the land and moving westgate wanderers costing 4.9m

or maybe it a mistake off the Architects updating there website ?
George Dawes

Postby morecambe mick » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:16 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:
DawZi wrote:nope.

all i wanted was a simple answer to a simple question :lol: :lol: :lol:

Another satisfied customer then!
morecambe mick

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:21 pm

morecambe mick wrote:
shrimpnsave wrote:
DawZi wrote:nope.

all i wanted was a simple answer to a simple question :lol: :lol: :lol:

Another satisfied customer then!

yes. :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby shrimper » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:38 pm

Cost of purchase of the land, cost of fees associated with planning applications and highways orders, cost of relocation of Westgate Wanderers, architects' fees, legal fees, settlement of outstanding club debts ......... and those are just off the top of my head.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby scar » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:53 pm

If anyone wanted to know whagt price is paid for land, they can get a report from the Land Registry for a few quid.

As Shrimper said, there are additional costs on top of the £7.1m construction cost of the Globe arena, namely;

shrimper wrote:Cost of purchase of the land, cost of fees associated with planning applications and highways orders, cost of relocation of Westgate Wanderers, architects' fees, legal fees...
scar

Postby George Dawes » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:46 am

scar wrote:If anyone wanted to know whagt price is paid for land, they can get a report from the Land Registry for a few quid.

As Shrimper said, there are additional costs on top of the £7.1m construction cost of the Globe arena, namely;

shrimper wrote:Cost of purchase of the land, cost of fees associated with planning applications and highways orders, cost of relocation of Westgate Wanderers, architects' fees, legal fees...

it as been quoted off somebody on here before at £50000 thats for the purchase of the land

after the sale of the old ground at 7m i am starting to think think we've not been able to cough up all that money(12m) as we first planned hence the cut backs and delays hick ups(fair play for trying)

and am hoping that the total cost of everything will eventually come to a total of no more than 10m

then things wont look as bad and everyone will be saying what was all that fuss about

wishfull thinking maybe :roll:
George Dawes

Postby feelingguilty » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:58 am

This is getting silly - all this is comercially sensitive information - the club will not disclose this nor should we expect them to.

If you were a consumer in the new sainsburys would you ask / expect them to tell you how much the new store cost and whether it was over budget? - do you think they would tell you?
feelingguilty

Postby Christies Child » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:23 am

..and don't forget the cost to kit the new stadium out.

ie: Furnishings, Catering and Bar equipment, Communications etc etc the list is endless.

I also suspect that the Community items are over and above the build costs.

What with fees and other project costs, it's not surprising how the figures quickly mount up.

We keep forgetting that this is more than just a football stadium. The community at large have got a first rate multi use centre for the monies involved.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby scar » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:58 am

DawZi wrote:it as been quoted off somebody on here before at £50000 thats for the purchase of the land

IF (there's always an IF) the club paid just £50,000 then they've got one hell of a cheap deal on the land. Current land values are around £1/2m per acre dependant on use. As it was the councils land I don't suspect the'd be giving it away for next to nothing!

feelingguilty wrote:This is getting silly - all this is comercially sensitive information - the club will not disclose this nor should we expect them to.

Quote right, we've been told by the Chairman himself that the club will move to the Globe debt free, why on earth can't we just accept the mans word and move on.
scar

Postby Posh » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:19 am

DawZi wrote:it as been quoted off somebody on here before at £50000 thats for the purchase of the land

Sorry Dawzi but you're now posting utter bollocks and speculation. To my knowledge no figure of £50,000 has ever been mentioned on this site or anywhere else. I can only assume you've made it up and then attributed it to some mysterious other to justify it.

I don't know the figures but the cost of several acres of building land in the centre of Morecambe with scope for outline approvals for hotels and fast food outlets costs rather more than the sum you've quoted. Lancaster City Council have a legal duty to sell the land at market value and that will have been met.

All this does is to shove notions in people's minds that aren't correct because people have chosen to make them up.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:30 am

What difference does it make to you if its 10 or 12 million dawzy, are you chipping in :?:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby George Dawes » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:08 am

Ups I meant half a million. Am on my mobile, I will quote that off here later on.
George Dawes

Postby scar » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:38 pm

Simple mistake but can cause a lot of misinformed rumour / gossip etc.

A quick look at the site on a map and it showed up as 16 acres, how accurate that is I don't know but at least it gives an idea that your not just dealing with a small bit of land that had to be purchased.
scar

Postby Aspers » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:18 pm

I bet the plumbing cost a fortune.
I've just had a plumber do some work at the studio and he charged like the Gordon Highlanders :lol:
Aspers

Previous

Return to General Discussion