A PLEA TO THE CLUB !!!!

A PLEA TO THE CLUB !!!!

Postby BHmfc » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:16 pm

Please can a top ranking official from the club make an official statement regarding the Globe Arena and put a stop once and for all to the gossip, rumour and speculation. Tell us how much the development cost, tell us how much the ground cost and please, please tell us what the future plans are for the Berlin Wall, sorry, the open terrace. It would be nice to find out the cost of the ground alone, just to stop comparisions with Chesterfield. I know their Stadium cost £13million, but our ground, not development, was much less, so please just tell us. Finally, if and when the Berlin Wall comes down, no more terracing, we have enough, several hundred seats would do the job.
BHmfc

Re: A PLEA TO THE CLUB !!!!

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:54 pm

I would'nt expect the Club to answer any of the above to be honest, however I would have expected a possible public explanation by Globe UK, or at least their side of the story :roll:

http://www.globearena.co.uk/news.asp
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:57 pm

I still can't see how there wont be a shortfall between the amount of money Sainsbury's gave us and the £12million. I know we might have got grants etc but I do worry that there might be a funding gap left somewhere.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby scar » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:57 pm

I get the feeling that some folk will never be happy. I can also just imagine the board members shaking their heads in disbelief that despite bringing a new stadium they are still being questioned over who, what, where, why and cost.

Why can't we be pleased we've got a new ground?
What does it matter to us what the build costs were?
Who cares if Chesterfield got given the land?
Where did the Directors go wrong in developing the club?

I'm chuffed to bits for the club that the directors have developed the club, delivered us league football, made us into a team capable of challanging for promotion, given us a new ground (abit a couple of weeks late). Give them a pat on the back, a round of applause and support them and the team.

IF though anyone feels that what the board have done is questionable then take it to the board in writing, not in an open forum. No business is going to discuss any financial matters in an open forum.
scar

Postby Posh » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:14 pm

scar wrote:I get the feeling that some folk will never be happy. I can also just imagine the board members shaking their heads in disbelief that despite bringing a new stadium they are still being questioned over who, what, where, why and cost.

Why can't we be pleased we've got a new ground?
Who cares if Chesterfield got given the land?
Where did the Directors go wrong in developing the club?

I'm chuffed to bits for the club that the directors have developed the club, delivered us league football, made us into a team capable of challanging for promotion, given us a new ground (abit a couple of weeks late). Give them a pat on the back, a round of applause and support them and the team.

IF though anyone feels that what the board have done is questionable then take it to the board in writing, not in an open forum. No business is going to discuss any financial matters in an open forum.

I agree entirely. It seems like its open season to attack anyone associated with the new ground despite not knowing any of the facts. It also seems to be an opportunity to demand information that really isn't any of their business. Peter McGuigan owns the vast majority of Morecambe FC and has pumped in vast sums of money to enable us to get where we are - and probably still is. Seemingly that's not good enough and we have to pull the decision-making of any individual or company to pieces.

If any individual or company is to blame it'll come out in the wash but not now. The most important thing is the successful completion of the Globe Arena, and for the time being nothing else matters.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Heysham_red » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:50 pm

Posh wrote:I agree entirely. It seems like its open season to attack anyone associated with the new ground despite not knowing any of the facts

BHmfc has asked for the facts, theres a little bit of criticism aimed at the ground but hes asked for the fact to be made clear. Then perhaps the criticism will be either justified or not. But without the fact speculation and comparisons are always going to made to other situations (in this case Chesterfield) particularly on a fans forum.

scar wrote:1.Why can't we be pleased we've got a new ground?
2.What does it matter to us what the build costs were?
3.Who cares if Chesterfield got given the land?
4.Where did the Directors go wrong in developing the club?

1. I am pleased, in fact delighted. Its shows how far we have come as a club. But I'm concerned that we are not getting value for money and that things haven't gone to plan which could cost more money to fix in the future.
2. Because if the cost spiral, ultimately it could jeopardise the playing squad or worse bankrupt the club.
3. I dont care, but I dont know how much that saved them, i.e how much it cost us. But at £1m more than us they seem to have got a lot for there buck. If the land cost us £6 million then we have essentially got a £6m stadium after buying the land which is actually good value. it really wouldn't be that hard to say. The build cost £Xm and the land(s) cost £Xm
4. They havent gone wrong, the club is in the best position its ever been in, and these guys have put their own hands in their own pockets for too long. I take my hat off to all of them. They have given me a club to be proud of and I cant thank them enough. But i also love my Mum, and i know its her money, but when she tells me shes selling the house to buy a Ferrari I'm still going to ask questions (and i dont mean ones like can i have go).

The one thing i will agree is your not going to get these answer on a forum.

I dont want to compare us with Chesterfield, our fans are far better, take a look at the delight on there board at our misery that would never happen on here. We have far better supports, our PA and Security is second to none. But holding my hands up they have a great stadium, build on time and handed over. I am envious of that. And i would like to know why we dont have that. But please dont confuse this with not supporting the board or the club, I love this club. I would just like to know were not about to implode and that everything is in order!
Heysham_red

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:01 pm

Heysham_red wrote:1. I am pleased, in fact delighted. Its shows how far we have come as a club. But I'm concerned that we are not getting value for money and that things haven't gone to plan which could cost more money to fix in the future.
2. Because if the cost spiral, ultimately it could jeopardise the playing squad or worse bankrupt the club.
3. I dont care, but I dont know how much that saved them, i.e how much it cost us. But at £1m more than us they seem to have got a lot for there buck. If the land cost us £6 million then we have essentially got a £6m stadium after buying the land which is actually good value. it really wouldn't be that hard to say. The build cost £Xm and the land(s) cost £Xm
4. They havent gone wrong, the club is in the best position its ever been in, and these guys have put their own hands in their own pockets for too long. I take my hat off to all of them. They have given me a club to be proud of and I cant thank them enough. But i also love my Mum, and i know its her money, but when she tells me shes selling the house to buy a Ferrari I'm still going to ask questions (and i dont mean ones like can i have go).

The one thing i will agree is your not going to get these answer on a forum.

I dont want to compare us with Chesterfield, our fans are far better, take a look at the delight on there board at our misery that would never happen on here. We have far better supports, our PA and Security is second to none. But holding my hands up they have a great stadium, build on time and handed over. I am envious of that. And i would like to know why we dont have that. But please dont confuse this with not supporting the board or the club, I love this club. I would just like to know were not about to implode and that everything is in order!

Very polite and well constructed post Heysham Red, you have come a long way in a couple of weeks after your ass licking statement. Fair play to you, I can see you wear your heart on your sleeve ;)
Last edited by marky No.1 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby dan » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:02 pm

What you also have to remember is that Chesterfield were given a grant by the football league to the tune of 10million to develop the new stadium. We were given nothing! Clubs that have been in the football league for less than 3 years are not able to apply for this grant/funding
dan

Postby Dazzer » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:24 pm

Well possibly a fair bit, if our club was saddled with a large debt and hefty anual interest payments

Posh wrote:I agree entirely. It seems like its open season to attack anyone associated with the new ground despite not knowing any of the facts.It also seems to be an opportunity to demand information that really isn't any of their business.

You're a businesman Posh, if someone had defaulted on you with a contract as crucial and important as this would you shrug it off as one of those things? or be demanding answers to some very searching questions?
Someone has fooked up here bigtime. It maybe the main contractor, Sub contractor(s), the club or a combination of some or all of them, and maybe it's not our right to expect answers but you can't blame fans for wanting them.

Posh wrote:Peter McGuigan owns the vast majority of Morecambe FC and has pumped in vast sums of money to enable us to get where we are - and probably still is. Seemingly that's not good enough and we have to pull the decision-making of any individual or company to pieces.
I don't know of any Morecambe fan that is not eternally grateful to Mr McGuigan and the board for how far they have brought this club, but does that mean that we should'nt question anything at all?

There is a certain 'Though shallt not question' attitude that pervaes this board. (I think it's what Bigreddog calls 'the thought police') and it's shame because in my mind it detracts from what is otherwise a superb discussion forum
Dazzer

Postby Heysham_red » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:33 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Very polite and well constructed post Heysham Red, you have come a long way in a couple of weeks after your ass licking statement. Fair play to you, I can see you wear your heart on your sleeve

Arse lickers was the wrong word to use so apologies to anyone who might have been upset. (however i still feel, minus that, my statement was valid)

dan wrote:What you also have to remember is that Chesterfield were given a grant by the football league to the tune of 10million to develop the new stadium. We were given nothing! Clubs that have been in the football league for less than 3 years are not able to apply for this grant/funding

I wasn't aware of this Dan, but rather than answer questions that kind of gives me more. Like if this is the case why didn't we wait till we could get a grant. I know we had to make changes under the ground rules but Stanely have been getting away with it for a couple of years. So why didnt we wait till season 4. then take the extra cash for example.
Heysham_red

Postby shambles » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:52 pm

dan wrote:What you also have to remember is that Chesterfield were given a grant by the football league to the tune of 10million to develop the new stadium. We were given nothing! Clubs that have been in the football league for less than 3 years are not able to apply for this grant/funding

I can assure you CFC weren't given £10m by the Football League.

http://www.footballfoundation.org.uk/apply/football-stadia-improvement-fund-grant/grant-limits/
shambles

Postby BHmfc » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:32 pm

If you read my post i'm not asking for state secrets, i'm only seeking answers which other clubs give out quite freely. The one that springs to mind is Arsenal, they openly gave details of costs of relocating to their new ground, details included the land purchase, the build costs and projected income from the development of Highbury. My only criticism was the tongue in cheek reference to the open terrace. I never have criticised, or ever will criticise the Board who do an amazing job, week in, week out. Also, i never asked for an official statement to be posted on our forum, i asked for an official statement, which of course would be through official channels. We might never know how much we received from Sainsburys (it might be part of the deal when selling CP) but why the big secret about grants, build costs and the possible redevelopment of the open terrace. As i stated in my earlier post, if we knew the facts it would put an end to the gossip, rumour and speculation.
BHmfc

Postby Posh » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:18 pm

Heysham_red wrote:
Posh wrote:I agree entirely. It seems like its open season to attack anyone associated with the new ground despite not knowing any of the facts

BHmfc has asked for the facts, theres a little bit of criticism aimed at the ground but hes asked for the fact to be made clear. Then perhaps the criticism will be either justified or not. But without the fact speculation and comparisons are always going to made to other situations (in this case Chesterfield) particularly on a fans forum.

I was referring not to BHmfc but to many others who've taken it upon themselves to be judgemental without knowing the full facts.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Posh » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:32 pm

Heysham_red wrote:4. They havent gone wrong, the club is in the best position its ever been in, and these guys have put their own hands in their own pockets for too long. I take my hat off to all of them. They have given me a club to be proud of and I cant thank them enough. But i also love my Mum, and i know its her money, but when she tells me shes selling the house to buy a Ferrari I'm still going to ask questions (and i dont mean ones like can i have go).

I think your questions and concerns are very valid and very well put. However as you say a lot of the commercial information, e.g. how much it cost to purchase the land from Lancaster City Council, how much it cost to build the new Westgate Wanderers facility and how much additional unbudgeted cost for the Globe Arena there has been we will never now. Undoubtedly this gave us substantial costs that Chesterfield didn't have.

What I do know is that Peter McGuigan told the world that 'Morecambe FC would be debt free' after the building of the Globe Arena. If we assume an overspend then that would be added either to the club as debt or PMG would fund the difference personally. If we assume the former then the commercial position of Morecambe FC has improved - about £250K more in payments from the Football League, a reduced wage bill I understand, a large sponsorship sum from Globe Construction, additional revenue from sponsors boxes, premium seats and higher ticket prices plus the commercial opportunities within the Arena complex itself. Let's assume, for argument's sake, that is say £600K a year increase in revenue then it would be enough to service a large overspend. Gillingham, Rochdale and Wycombe all have debts of over £5 million, and continue to survive an debt we would have would be nowhere near that , if there is one at all.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Posh » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:49 pm

Dazzer wrote:You're a businesman Posh, if someone had defaulted on you with a contract as crucial and important as this would you shrug it off as one of those things? Or be demanding answers to some very searching questions? Someone has fooked up here bigtime. It maybe the main contractor, Sub contractor(s), the club or a combination of some or all of them, and maybe it's not our right to expect answers but you can't blame fans for wanting them.

I do think fans have a right to ask questions. However, as it stands, we have a two week over-run, as others have argued, not the end of the world. What I disagree with is the apportionment of blame, which is a matter of pure speculation. Given the club's relationship with Globe is not just a contract to build a stadium but also a significant five-year sponsorship deal, intense fan criticism of Globe, which again may not be justified and unduly one-sided, surely puts pressure on that relationship.

Dazzer wrote:There is a certain 'Though shalt not question' attitude that pervades this board. (I think it's what Bigreddog calls 'the thought police') and it's shame because in my mind it detracts from what is otherwise a superb discussion forum

You're getting confused between Keith and other moderators enforcing a particular viewpoint. Not at all. The club are criticised frequently over the stadium, Sammy, etc. etc. and everything is left. What isn't left is things that open the owner of Shrimpsvoices - Keith - and members up to libel. You quote Bigreddog - yet Keith and others spent several happy hours dealing with the police, Lancaster City Council and others over a comment Bigreddog made on this forum, however innocent and unfair on him it was.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Christies Child » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:53 pm

shambles wrote:

I can assure you CFC weren't given £10m by the Football League.

http://www.footballfoundation.org.uk/apply/football-stadia-improvement-fund-grant/grant-limits/

A very interesting article particularly about the Community Sports aspect.

Maybe this is funding that we have got / could get in the future as The Arena has made a significant contribution towards Sport in the Community in the form of playing areas and indoor facilities.

I'm sure I'll be corrected, but the Chesterfield Stadium for all it's good points in terms of accomodation and visual appeal cannot compete with what our club is offering to the public of Morecambe and that to me is more important in the long term.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby BHmfc » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:16 pm

The whole point of my original post was to ask for the facts, i think reading the replies just proves how little supporters know about the funding/costs of the Globe Development (myself included) Surely it would do the club no harm to give answers to the questions we are asking.
BHmfc

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:25 pm

you are a customer using a leisure facility, you use it or you do not,your choice.

The owner of the business complies legally by disclosing what he has to, to who he has to, simple as :roll:

If he or his partners come on here and read this, they are not going to think, hang on a minute, screw the things i have to do, i will devote more time to saying sorry to our customers who can shop elsewhere if they so wish, simple enough :?:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby George Dawes » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:40 pm

BHmfc wrote:The whole point of my original post was to ask for the facts, i think reading the replies just proves how little supporters know about the funding/costs of the Globe Development (myself included) Surely it would do the club no harm to give answers to the questions we are asking.

this may answer some of your questions, this is off the architects website http://www.croftgoode.co.uk

Morecambe Football Club
value £7.1m
New stand to accommodate 6,500 including conference/banqueting and other associated facilities

money as gone elsewhere
George Dawes

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:44 pm

DawZi wrote:
BHmfc wrote:The whole point of my original post was to ask for the facts, i think reading the replies just proves how little supporters know about the funding/costs of the Globe Development (myself included) Surely it would do the club no harm to give answers to the questions we are asking.

this may answer some of your questions, this is off the architects website http://www.croftgoode.co.uk

Morecambe Football Club
value £7.1m
New stand to accommodate 6,500 including conference/banqueting and other associated facilities

money as gone elsewhere

would you care to speculate on your last comment????
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby George Dawes » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:47 pm

nope.
Last edited by George Dawes on Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
George Dawes

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:50 pm

Thats a bit on the libelous side if you ask me :roll:

And all i do is drive a van, i would delete that sharpish :lol:
mrpotatohead

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:52 pm

DawZi wrote:nope.

all i wanted was a simple answer to a simple question :lol: :lol: :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby halftimeresults » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:53 pm

12 Million - 7.1 Million = 4.9 Million
halftimeresults

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:59 pm

What my point is, its not our money, whatever the figures are, they are not our business, and if you start pointing fingers, and asking what went where, fine, but the owner of the company is not answerable to his or their customers, if you slander them on here they may sue.
mrpotatohead

Next

Return to General Discussion