O/T - Caravans

O/T - Caravans

Postby Plain Peter » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:35 am

Apparently the new ground is surrounded by caravan parks.
I'm pondering over the virtues of buying a two-berther, and wonder whether there is anyone out there in the know?
I realise there are numerous covenants regarding caravan ownership, and that they vary from site-to-site.
I realise that a owning a caravan is not like owning a house, ie a caravan's value depreciates.
I don't go much for bull-shit and made-up-on-the-spot sales-talk, I want only facts :shock: .
There's only a couple of things that really concern me.
How can I verify that the initial asking price is fair, ie. it hasn't been hiked-up to allow for sales sweetners?
What % discount should a cash offer attract?
Basically, I'd be looking for the best price possible.
I hope someone can help ;)
Plain Peter

Re: O/T - Caravans

Postby George Dawes » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:46 am

what sort of caravan do you mean one you can tow or a static caravan home what sits on a park all year round?

then you have to ask yourself how many time a year are you going to use it, and is it worth it? as most people only get two weeks holiday a year with two weeks off at Christmas time at most?

so id say buying a caravan just to use for Morecambe games is not worth the hassle unless your semi-retired with shit loads of time and money on/in your hands then go for it
George Dawes

Postby Plain Peter » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:53 am

DawZi wrote:what sort of caravan do you mean one you can tow or a static caravan home what sits on a park all year round?

I thought I'd mentioned covenants, and compared them to houses :roll:

DawZi wrote:so id say buying a caravan just to use for Morecambe games is not worth the hassle unless your semi-retired with shit loads of time and money on/in your hands then go for it

I suppose that's me. I've got sore bollocks too.
Plain Peter

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:01 am

I don't go much for bull-shit and made-up-on-the-spot sales-talk, I want only facts :shock: .

Marky No 1 is your man but I can't guarantee that he won't try the above :lol:
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby George Dawes » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:06 am

there's some really good deals out there for tow caravans a lot of people are desperate for cash with things being tight with the current economic climate etc

my work mate who goes on caravan holidays all the time bought one you tow what was worth £2000+ for £600 2 maybe 4? bert with a electric shower only 5yrs old

he swears by em as you can just get up and go on long weekends and dont have the hassel of flying booking taxis/hotels and waiting about at airports
George Dawes

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:13 am

OK Peter you did'nt actually answer dawzi's question, which is basically do you want a touring caravan, a holiday static caravan, or a residential caravan? (covenants do apply to touring caravans parked in some driveways BTW)

Differences: a tourer is to tow behind your car (ie to each football ground/park you would go to) with the extra value of being able to leave it on a "semi permanent" pitch near the Globe for example?

A holiday static (holiday home) is much larger usually 10 or 12' wide and from about 28' to 40' long. although many of them now have double glazing and central heating etc they are not specifically designed for living in and can get cold in winter. These vans are on parks with up to an 11 month licence ie they close for a month in January. Buying the caravan is'nt really a problem but you are then, unlike a tourer, you are very much subject to the park owners rules and regs. (most only give you up to 10 years tenure and then buy a new one or you are off)

A residential is a full 12 month of the year properly insulated unit and often come in "twin unit" guise with more of a " house" look to them.

I can sell you a static with plenty of discount off it but you would then have to find somehere to put it!! If you want an already sited unit then ,as I say, you are very much in the hands of the park owner. Our Vice Chairman G.H. used to be in this game so you can see what got him to where he is now! :lol:

I have a car park full of touring caravans from banger to £16K

To show willing we are going on a busmans holiday to the 1st game at Wycombe in a motorhome so your idea is not as silly as it may sound. Shan't be parking at Adams Park tho!

Send me a p.m. if you are seriously considering. ;)

p.s. Phil, behave yourself!! :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Morecambe Player » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:16 pm

Not keen on tin tents myself.

Quite like these though...Airstream...Marky, how much?

If i WAS tempted to go for a tin tent, I'd probably go for something like this:

Morecambe Player

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:27 pm

Airstream are a real American classic that really don't show their age as they look old when they are new! I know the guy that imports them and assembles the bodies over here. The twin axle models start at around £60K but they are bespoke so you can soon add £30K of extras if you wish :o . I've never seen a triple axle verion in the flesh as there is no way a 34' version is going to be towed around our roads unless of course you are talking Showmen!

The interstate motorhome is around $120K and here is a preview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4ZLF7NVoe4

However if you have $2M going spare then Jeremy Clarkson demonstrates one of these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_HoOqDo ... re=related
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Plain Peter » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:25 am

marky No.1 wrote:OK Peter you did'nt actually answer dawzi's question, which is basically do you want a touring caravan, a holiday static caravan, or a residential caravan? (covenants do apply to touring caravans parked in some driveways BTW)

Sorry dawzi, I thought I was been clever. Not a good idea if you've got sore doo-dah's, and sleep deprivation (note the time of this post!).

marky No.1 wrote:Send me a p.m. if you are seriously considering. ;)

I am, but no prizes for guessing who isn't, not in Morecambe anyway. But your info is interesting, and I know who to revert to.
Plain Peter

Return to General Discussion