Globe Arena Pics from Friday 2nd July

Re: Globe Arena Pics from Friday 2nd July

Postby George Dawes » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:47 am

Fgh shrimp wrote:really cant believe that some people are having a go about the ground even though they havent been in it yet. why dont we all wait till it opens and appreciate how lucky we are to be getting a new ground and all that goes with it

i dont think anybody is having a go at the ground as a whole, it's just the north stand

if Money as been a problem, they would have been best doing nothing at all with the stand for the moment.(still plenty of room to fit us all in the other two stands) and built that block anywhere but in a football stand

and just kept to the original plan of the away-end instead of down scaling it
George Dawes

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:26 am

dawzi...your getting very boring now. if you dont like what globe construction have built go and watch football at giant axe they have got a quality ground
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby ezz » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:57 am

I think it'l be quite some time till we need to knock down the new community because our stadium is over flowing with fans, either way I still trust the board and architects....there's always a simple solution or rational sollution that the pro's know and we dont.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Plain Peter » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:14 am

You should all be grateful for what you're getting.
Some of us can only make the trip once or twice a season if we're lucky.
And I've even screwed that up.
Coming up Saturday 18 September - away at Southend.
Back down south on 25 September - home to Barnet, so will have to stay an extra night I suppose.
Is that Westgate Caravan park next to the ground, that's where me and Doris are staying?
Plain Peter

Postby Heysham_red » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:35 am

Why is it that some peoples reply to any criticism is "go watch it somewhere else" or dont support Morecambe? What kind of attitude is that to have. So far i see no problem with the issues DawZi has raised and i think if some people took there rose tinted glasses off they might be able to see past the "best board in the world" and "their faith in the architects" and actually question it themselves.

We all support Morecambe, thats why some of us care. But to tell someone to essentially "f**k off" is crazy. What kind of support is that?

I can understand some peoples points. aesthetically speaking the ground isn't the most stunning of new builds but its clear that its build for purpose. to gain revenue. Which is great. But the community block does look strange.
Heysham_red

Postby stevanshrimp » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:36 am

ezz wrote:I think it'l be quite some time till we need to knock down the new community because our stadium is over flowing with fans, either way I still trust the board and architects....there's always a simple solution or rational sollution that the pro's know and we dont.

It would be good to know the reasons behind the design though. Surely it isn't Top Secret.
There has got to be a very good reason for it.........there just has to be!
Maybe they could build over it, should there be a need for it. It will be good for segregation
though. On big games we could give a block of the terracing to away fans, without upsetting the car-wash regulars....oops; North standers! :?
I still believe!
stevanshrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:26 am

Peter wrote:Is that Westgate Caravan park next to the ground, that's where me and Doris are staying?

It's Caravan City down there Peter! Westgate is directly across the road from the main entrance. Westcliffe is adjacent to that on one side and Glen on the other. Then across again is Regent just before the railway bridge. Then behind there is Oxcliffe Road but I hav'nt enough time and paper to describe those! :lol:
The one you can see next door to the ground is Venture. ;)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:02 am

shrimps1970 wrote:dawzi...your getting very boring now. if you dont like what globe construction have built go and watch football at giant axe they have got a quality ground

Dawzi is entitled to (repeatedly :roll: ) express his opinion on here, and that's fine. The club will still happily take his money which is far preferable to giving it to Lancaster City. The key is that his opinion is in the minority, but that's what makes forums work, differing opinions.

Personally I think I'll only have a proper opinion when I've actually been inside, on a match day. The photos of the development have been great, but there is only so much that they can convey. The fact that people who have been inside talk positively suggests to me it will be okay when we get there.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby alwaysright » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:52 pm

I may be wrong but all iv read from those lucky enough to have been inside the stadium is about the main stand and the home and away ends, nothing much gets said about the north wall ??????
alwaysright

Postby NeilG » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:58 pm

alwaysright wrote:I may be wrong but all iv read from those lucky enough to have been inside the stadium is about the main stand and the home and away ends, nothing much gets said about the north wall ??????

Hang on a minute....... " you may be wrong" but you're always right ;)
NeilG

Postby scar » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:02 pm

to quote one comment from one of those very close to the development;

It was either remove the top floor from the Mainstand and have a ground looking and feeling like Chesters or as it is now.... the chairman chose what we have now.

Love it or loath it, i'd rather have the ground as it is now than one looking like Chesters :D
scar

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:44 pm

scar wrote:to quote one comment from one of those very close to the development;

It was either remove the top floor from the Mainstand and have a ground looking and feeling like Chesters or as it is now.... the chairman chose what we have now.

Love it or loath it, i'd rather have the ground as it is now than one looking like Chesters :D

if thats the case then totally agree
heysham_mfc

Postby Plain Peter » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:03 am

marky No.1 wrote:
Peter wrote:Is that Westgate Caravan park next to the ground, that's where me and Doris are staying?

It's Caravan City down there Peter! Westgate is directly across the road from the main entrance. Westcliffe is adjacent to that on one side and Glen on the other. Then across again is Regent just before the railway bridge. Then behind there is Oxcliffe Road but I hav'nt enough time and paper to describe those! :lol:

Tvm for that.
I might buy a caravan and camp out in Morecambe for the footie season.
If I wanted to buy one for cash how much discount/perks could I expect?
Should I start a new thread first :lol:
Plain Peter

Postby George Dawes » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:14 am

i think all the caravan sites on westgae tend to cater for more for long term residential

where at Regents caravan park opposite the ground cater for holiday makers you can rent a caravan there from £100 upwards for a 4 berth per week, plus there's a family friendly bar there with sky sports and entertainment on plus a indoor swimming pool and Internet etc etc

id say it's good value for a long week-end if you wanted to fit MFC in between
George Dawes

Postby bristol-shrimp » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:35 am

Talking of caravan parks, myself and family will be visiting friends and family over August Bank holiday. We have a 6berth at Regents Caravan park on Westgate for just shy of £300 for the weekend and looking forward to my first visit to The Globe against Gillingham.

Anyone got any ideas of pubs that are going to be fan friendly? Can only think of Willy Mitchell or Park Hotel the other side of the bridge but not been in either for years.
bristol-shrimp

Postby ezz » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:49 am

stevanshrimp wrote:
ezz wrote:I think it'l be quite some time till we need to knock down the new community because our stadium is over flowing with fans, either way I still trust the board and architects....there's always a simple solution or rational sollution that the pro's know and we dont.

It would be good to know the reasons behind the design though. Surely it isn't Top Secret.
There has got to be a very good reason for it.........there just has to be!
Maybe they could build over it, should there be a need for it. It will be good for segregation
though. On big games we could give a block of the terracing to away fans, without upsetting the car-wash regulars....oops; North standers! :?

Well as far as I'm concerned the problem is only a 'potential' problem observed by posters on here from photographs, it may not actually exist as a problem :D
Obviously the board arn't worried or they wouldn't have done this in the first place, as for the North wall you have the best view in the house.....everyone else ahs to look at your crappy stand :lol: :lol: :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby George Dawes » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:00 am

bristol-shrimp wrote:Talking of caravan parks, myself and family will be visiting friends and family over August Bank holiday. We have a 6berth at Regents Caravan park on Westgate for just shy of £300 for the weekend and looking forward to my first visit to The Globe against Gillingham.

Anyone got any ideas of pubs that are going to be fan friendly? Can only think of Willy Mitchell or Park Hotel the other side of the bridge but not been in either for years.

id say the Willy Mitchel is friendlier, good beer garden and play park for the kids oh and sky sports
George Dawes

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:06 am

Peter wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:

Tvm for that.
I might buy a caravan and camp out in Morecambe for the footie season.
If I wanted to buy one for cash how much discount/perks could I expect?
Should I start a new thread first :lol:

I can organise the discount but Perks might be a bit more difficult now he has moved south! :lol: Is he still contracted to Colchester?

As for starting a caravan thread, you may get away with it Peter, but me? ~ No chance!! :lol:

You have half a chance with unwanted mobile phones, T.V.'s, fridge freezers, washing machines, laptops, garden waste and even football teams :?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Previous

Return to General Discussion