some thing has got to change

some thing has got to change

Postby forces shrimp » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:31 pm

2-0 down in the space of 8 mins of the second half. just looked at the stats on sky sports and there all in our favour more shots on and off taget, more corners and more possestion whats going on?
forces shrimp

Re: some thing has got to change

Postby forces shrimp » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:44 pm

2-1 O'CarrolL
forces shrimp

Postby campdave » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:08 pm

What should change then?

Suggest you watch the match rather than make comments based on statistics on a website. Much more positive performance from our team today, and the side we had out at the end looked immense.

Hopefully the Hunter/Drummond partnership will be reprised next weekend.

Interesting that the teams we've played so far have all earned 10 points so far - been a very tough start to the season for us. Shrewsbury next weekend is something we could do without.

Anyone know where Sammy was today, didn't notice him in the stand or the dugout, but my eyesight is poor.
campdave

Postby forces shrimp » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:14 pm

just think that some like O'Carroll should start more often! not questioning the work rate of the team. like i said the stats showed that we were the better team.
couldn't make it to the game today due to work so if possible could some one let me no what went on with having 2 put past us so quick at the start of the second half?
forces shrimp

Postby campdave » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:18 pm

first one looked like poor keeping from Roche at a free kick, second was failure to clear the ball in the penalty area
campdave

Postby forces shrimp » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:24 pm

so basical the back 5 making basic errors?
forces shrimp

Postby Frobi » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:30 pm

I'd put most of the blame on the Midfield for the second goal, Failed to get back and help out, resulting in several dagenham players in our box, all waiting in line to take a shot!
Frobi

Postby Welshrimp » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:35 pm

Sorry to say it, but the back 4 is dreadfully slow, and too often playing statues or leaving the responsibility to others. O'Carroll looks sharp, and I would start him in place of Blinksy as he and Rene offer more pace. Stew and Garry made more happen than the new lads in central midfield, but I can't wait for Stanners to be back in the side. Neil Wainwright looks the part.
I'm Welshrimp and I'm a new Shrimpsvoices addict.
Welshrimp

Postby morecambe TID » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:39 pm

yeah i totally agree i really like the look of o' carroll but we are leaving too many gaps in our defence - which im sure in time we will get sorted it'll be one of those blips that happen from time to time
also known as kirsty =)
morecambe TID

Postby Frobi » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:50 pm

Bring Drummond and Hunter in place of Carr and McCann next week and I gareentee we'll see a battling midfield display against Shrewsbury!
I was Impressed with Drummond when he came on, battled hard to win the ball, made forward runs, and played a couple of great passes that completely split their defence apart. We hadnt seen that all game with Carr and McCann!
Frobi

Postby campdave » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:56 pm

Drummond looked twice the player he did last season
campdave

Postby fretz » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:24 pm

as sammy fell out with some players eg drummy stanners needs sorting out one way or another :cry:
fretz

Postby marky » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:55 pm

It's funny how people see things differently. My contacts told me we were awful until O'Carroll and Drummond came on the scene. Both should start the next game.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby fletch_al » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:57 pm

marky wrote:It's funny how people see things differently. My contacts told me we were awful until O'Carroll and Drummond came on the scene. Both should start the next game.

along wiv stanners
fletch_al

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:14 pm

The first 25 minutes were very promising. We looked good going forward and were closing them down quickly whenever they broke in midfield.
The final 20 mins of the first half was a sign of what was to come in the beginning of the second half. We began to back off them in midfield and that invited them onto the defence, which when winning the ball had no option but to play a long ball forward.

The second half saw us struggle to break down their posession in midfield and that resulted in them winning a free kick in a good position. The wall was positioned to cover the near post but didn't do a great job and a good strike to the near post saw Roache struggle to get across his line and it went in. The second goal within a few mins again came down to being over run in midfield and the defence wasn't much to blame.

Sammy then did what alot of fans have asked of him for a couple of weeks and made early subs bringing Drummond and Hunter on, who instantly stopped the midfield being over run and began distributing the ball alot more cleanly. The addition of a natural goalscorer to get on the end of something then resulted in a goal and a possible equaliser was a near miss too.

There were plenty of positives to take from today, a positive first 25 minutes, a good fight back when we looked down and out and O'carroll getting more than 2 mins to show that he is pushing for a start for next week.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby Keith » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:16 pm

Take Rotherham's point deduction away and our first four games have been against clubs in the top five. Next weekend, we play the fifth one!

Let's see what happens when we're not playing the in form clubs.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby slackAlice » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:59 pm

Keith wrote:Take Rotherham's point deduction away and our first four games have been against clubs in the top five. Next weekend, we play the fifth one!

Let's see what happens when we're not playing the in form clubs.

Lets hope your right - losing your first 2 home games ain't a good sign. Looking at the results of the 4 teams we have played so far and all things equal Rotherham would be on 10 point as well.

But the reults of those 4 teams have in the Daggers , Wycombe and Rotherham cases included 6 points each from their games against Lincoln and Chester:

D & R have played Chester [3 pts] , Lincoln [3pts] M'Cambe [3pts] P Vale[1pt]

Bury .. .. Brentford [3 pts] , C ' Field [3pts] M'cambe [3pts] R'dale [1pt]

Rotherham .. .. Lincoln [3pts] , MCambe [3pts] Chester [3pts] Brentford [1pt]

Wycombe .. .. M'cambe[1pt] , Chester [3pts] Lincoln [3pts] C'Field[3pts]

You could argue that the league is begining to shape up , 'form teams' could be the strong teams - We'll only know I suppose after a 10 game stretch and when we play a 'not in form team' -Barnet 13th September [a] and do what Chester did to them today [5-1]?

But you can't keep losing your home games - and IF we lose at home to the Shrews ? it could be a very long season - Rotherham are almost certainly going to overturn their deficit very quickly.
slackAlice

Postby BHmfc » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:54 pm

No disrespect to Dagenham, but i don't think they are a top 6 team. In the 1st half there was very little between the 2 teams and as i,ve posted else where, it's only when Roche fumbled and conceded the 1st goal we lost our midfield who just collapsed and lost all shape, allowing Dagenham their best period of the game. When our subs came on we gained the advantage and looked the stronger team. Dagenham got the points, but if we started the game with the team that finished the match i'm sure the result would have been different.
BHmfc

Return to General Discussion