Globe Arena Pics from Friday 2nd July

Re: Globe Arena Pics from Friday 2nd July

Postby Splodge » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:23 am

alwaysright wrote:Looks very bland at the moment, but what is that north terrace about ????? i have a feeling were going to be known as the club with only 3 sides to our ground !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oxford Utd?
Splodge

Postby scar » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:59 am

alwaysright wrote:Looks very bland at the moment, but what is that north terrace about ????? i have a feeling were going to be known as the club with only 3 sides to our ground !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or could it be just a temporary side until such time as grants become available for the club to put in a better stand?

Couple of walls could easily make way for a stand similar to the home/away ends?!!!
Last edited by scar on Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scar

Postby MorecambeMickey » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:00 pm

Splodge wrote:

Oxford Utd?

Bournemouth?
MorecambeMickey

Postby Christies Child » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:25 pm

scar wrote:

Or could it be just a temporary side until such time as grants become available for the club to put in a better stand?

Could of walls could easily make way for a stand similar to the home/away ends?!!!

Whatever is built, there will be a point of limited visibility at the right hand side as you look at it from the Main Stand due to the Community Block taking up some of the area down that side.

:shock:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby scar » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:46 pm

Christies Child wrote:
scar wrote:

Could of walls could easily make way for a stand similar to the home/away ends?!!!

Whatever is built, there will be a point of limited visibility at the right hand side as you look at it from the Main Stand due to the Community Block taking up some of the area down that side.

:shock:

Just like Boltons old ground ;)
scar

Postby George Dawes » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:09 pm

but ours is a new modern arena

Away fans this coming season will be thinking what bright spark thought it was a good idea building a square breeze block building in the actual stand itself making it very awkward for future development, you could get your head round having no roof etc on the basis that the north stand could easily be developed to L1 or Championship standard, to match the rest of the ground(whats looking class btw) after possible promotion in the near future :?

id like to know who ever decided on the design with the north stand what there idea is if we go that bit further this season after last seasons 4th place finish, now the obvious thing would be to demolish that block but then would that not be a complete waste of time and money?
George Dawes

Postby outsider » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:30 pm

NeilG wrote:moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan phooking moan :roll:

Well said that man.............DawZi we get it by now you dont like it, if you detest it that much DON'T GO! I for one wont be holding a gun to your head and forcing you. But every thread is the same, get over it!
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Freez » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:09 pm

Some people see a glass half empty even when it is half full!!! :lol:
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby scar » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:35 pm

DawZi wrote:but ours is a new modern arena

Away fans this coming season will be thinking what bright spark thought it was a good idea building a square breeze block building in the actual stand itself making it very awkward for future development, you could get your head round having no roof etc on the basis that the north stand could easily be developed to L1 or Championship standard, to match the rest of the ground(whats looking class btw) after possible promotion in the near future :?

id like to know who ever decided on the design with the north stand what there idea is if we go that bit further this season after last seasons 4th place finish, now the obvious thing would be to demolish that block but then would that not be a complete waste of time and money?

It didn't seem to do Blackpool any harm in only having 3 sides to a ground.
scar

Postby George Dawes » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:44 pm

your missing the point
George Dawes

Postby Christies Child » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:52 pm

DawZi is right to some extent.

I can't see how we can fully develop that side without impeding the view of the fans who would use the North Stand.
Christies Child

Postby Mark S » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:21 pm

Christies Child wrote:DawZi is right to some extent.

I can't see how we can fully develop that side without impeding the view of the fans who would use the North Stand.

I agree its shocking that these highly experienced, highly professional architects havent spotted something that you did easily off a few photos and a birds eye view plan! :o

I am no architect myself but having seen it 'in the flesh' so to speak, I would hazard a guess that the answer is elevation my dear Watson! ;)

Think in 3 D rather than 2 D 8-)
Mark S

Postby Christies Child » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:29 pm

Mark S wrote:
Christies Child wrote:DawZi is right to some extent.

I agree its shocking that these highly experienced, highly professional architects havent spotted something that you did easily off a few photos and a birds eye view plan! :o

I am no architect myself but having seen it 'in the flesh' so to speak, I would hazard a guess that the answer is elevation my dear Watson! ;)

Think in 3 D rather than 2 D 8-)

Prefer to think 'line of sight'... ;)
Christies Child

Postby scar » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:32 pm

DawZi wrote:your missing the point

I'm not actually, i'm looking long term, seeing greater scope for expanding the ground, seeing grants being made available to the club, seeing an area built to take a potential stand.

I also see a new stadium that has superb facilities far greater than we had at Christie Park, one that gets me excited in visiting, one that is revenue generating 365 instead of 20 odd days a year, one with community facilities to encourage more people to get involved with the club which should lead to more people spectating at games. I also see a board full of quality professional experience who have enlisted additional quality professional advice, a board who's vision has devlivered us a stadium to be proud of, one we can develop in the future and one that isn't berift of soul and character like say Chester.

Like it or not, the stadium development has everyone talking. Yes away fans might chant the 3sides to a ground song, but they'll remember the stadium for at least having character instead of being bland, soul-less and 3/4 empty.

Missed the point??? Au contraire!
scar

Postby Opinionated » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:48 pm

marky No.1 wrote:I am reliably informed by Stanley that red seats are being installed as I speak although it does seem to just be in the posh end! :lol:

Roughly speaking the centre of the Main Stand. So there we are colour at last :D :D

Best view is from Needham Avenue. Looking between the houses you can see into the main stand and the seats in the centre are RED!
'Patience is key in football' - Darren Lock
Opinionated

Postby alwaysright » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:09 pm

THE GLOBE WALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
alwaysright

Postby Christies Child » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:16 pm

Fantastic...Saga Tours seats are in RED.

:lol:

....all I need now is a Car Park permit and the use of my Free Bus Pass can whistle!
Last edited by Christies Child on Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christies Child

Postby BHmfc » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:20 pm

DawZi has got a valid point/points, for a new development costing ? £12 million it has got several flaws, the biggest of course is the positioning of the Community Block which will hinder future development of the open terrace. Not only does it look odd in its current position, it also means that the floodlight on that side is IN FRONT OF THE AWAY TERRACING. Now before the snipers load their rifles (outsider), of course the GLOBE is a million times better than CP but with better planning/design it could have been so much more. I'm looking forward to the open day so i can choose my place on the new terracing, one or two little glitches won't keep me away, after all, compared to standing on the ash bank at CP (like i use to) one ugly looking ill-placed carbuncle won't keep me away. PS, just before i go, i was told that the planners have not given the groundsman a building for his mowers etc so they were thinking of bringing in a portacabin for him to use, fact or fiction i don't know, only time will tell.
BHmfc

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:26 pm

The pitch will not come right to the edge of the grassed area so I am pretty sure spectators will be able to see all of the playing area.
Morecambe Jack

Postby marky » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:22 pm

I'll pass final judgement after my first visit to the Globe, which will be the Coventry game. At the moment, I don't think we need worry ourselves about winning any design awards for it is one ugly stadium! On the one hand, it does seem like we've ended up with a tarted up version of Christie Park (maybe the calls not to lose the 'charm and character' of our former home were taken a little too literally). However, on the other we will now have the capability of earning money on non-match days and will have our own training facility, wich was after all the motivation behind the move. I can't help feeling that the future of the North Brick Wall (and the monstrosity that is the North East Quadrant) is very much tied in with our fortunes on the field. Gain promotion and I feel it will be necessary to develop that side very quickly, which to my mind will have to include knocking down the Quadrant and incorporating its facilities within a new stand even after just 1 or 2 years (regardless of eligibility for grants).
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:48 pm

It does seem a little strange to biuld the community block so close to the pitch and then have the knock it all down if we wanted a full size stand. Surly though before doing that could we not fill in the corners of the ground first was that not the idea if we did need the extra room in the future?
heysham_mfc

Postby Christies Child » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:04 pm

I can't be the only one who finds the position of the floodlight pylon near the Community Block somewhat strange. :?: :?: :?:
Christies Child

Postby John L » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:10 pm

Opinionated wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:I am reliably informed by Stanley that red seats are being installed as I speak although it does seem to just be in the posh end! :lol:

Roughly speaking the centre of the Main Stand. So there we are colour at last :D :D

Best view is from Needham Avenue. Looking between the houses you can see into the main stand and the seats in the centre are RED!

Are we going for a St. George's flag look, then? :lol:
John L

Postby Keith » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:25 am

BHmfc wrote:...one ugly looking ill-placed carbuncle won't keep me away.

Don't worry, he's still doing anouncements from the press box :roll: :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:21 am

really cant believe that some people are having a go about the ground even though they havent been in it yet. why dont we all wait till it opens and appreciate how lucky we are to be getting a new ground and all that goes with it
Blackpool Shrimp

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion