O/T - Yotel

O/T - Yotel

Postby Plain Peter » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:19 am

Our flight to Istanbul is at 0630 tomorrow, so we are giving one of these a whirl at Gatwick tonight.

http://www.yotel.co.uk/
Plain Peter

Re: O/T - Yotel

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:01 am

Peter wrote:Our flight to Istanbul is at 0630 tomorrow, so we are giving one of these a whirl at Gatwick tonight.

http://www.yotel.co.uk/

Looked at these before but decided that £45 for 4 hours was O.T.T. Good for a refresh though when you are flying at silly times! :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Plain Peter » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:12 am

Our last £3-a-ticket train from Pompey gets to Gatwick at 1915 tonight, so we'll get decent vfm for our £45. And as the yotel is in the departure terminal there's no messing about with shuttle buses.
Plain Peter

Postby Plain Peter » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:40 am

Quite a pleasant experience.
The room was just big enough, but had all we needed except a kettle, which we took with us.
The very comfy bed was only a metre wide, so we had to top'n'tail.
Ventilation was adequate.
The telly was wall-mounted right above the bottom end of the bed. I made sure I faced it for the footie.
The shower room/loo was big enough, but the door/glass shower panel was completely transparent. Me and Doris have been hitched for a year or three but had no desire to oggle each others droopy bits. So we sat on the step outside the pod to allow each other a bit of privacy.
In the morning it was only a 30 second walk to the check-in desk.
Would do it again, especially for a silly-o'clock flight.
Plain Peter

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:15 pm

Peter wrote:Quite a pleasant experience.
The room was just big enough, but had all we needed except a kettle, which we took with us.
The very comfy bed was only a metre wide, so we had to top'n'tail.
Ventilation was adequate.
The telly was wall-mounted right above the bottom end of the bed. I made sure I faced it for the footie.
The shower room/loo was big enough, but the door/glass shower panel was completely transparent. Me and Doris have been hitched for a year or three but had no desire to oggle each others droopy bits. So we sat on the step outside the pod to allow each other a bit of privacy.
In the morning it was only a 30 second walk to the check-in desk.
Would do it again, especially for a silly-o'clock flight.

We stayed in the Radison at Stansted this week pre flight but it was a longer walk of 3 minutes! However the room was spacious and the way the waitress collected the wine and served it kept us interested for hours! :D :D
radison.jpg

:shock: :shock:
stansted1.jpg
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby DeeBee » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:31 am

Ah, the very impressive Angels – happy memories.
DeeBee

Return to General Discussion