transport to globe

transport to globe

Postby mazatec » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:43 pm

It has gone very quiet on this subject. One was under the impression that Stagecoach were to arrange a schedule for our home games and that buses would run from Heysham, Bare etc to the ground.
Some clubs use a type of park and ride which is really excellent for supporters. Shrewsbury do this which could easily be replicated.
As the bypass looks to be on the back burner for years, a frequent rail service with a station at the globe would would eliminate some traffic and and make the globe area a hub.
mazatec

Re: transport to globe

Postby HALMA 1983 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:46 pm

Walk from Heysham via Oxcliffe, that's what i'll be doing :D should be easier than the long trek down the prom to Christie
HALMA 1983

Postby scar » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:20 pm

There were discussions with Stagecoach from what I understand but nothing else, nothing came of it, certainly no schedules are planned.

Additional Car parking is at Westgate Primary School

As there weren't any additional busses laid on for Christie I doubt there will be any for the Globe. There are already bus routes that go past the new ground
scar

Postby Curly » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:01 pm

scar wrote:There were discussions with Stagecoach from what I understand but nothing else, nothing came of it, certainly no schedules are planned.

Additional Car parking is at Westgate Primary School

As there weren't any additional busses laid on for Christie I doubt there will be any for the Globe. There are already bus routes that go past the new ground

Which ones? Any from Heysham?
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby scar » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:59 pm

Without knowing all of the routes I couldn't tell you if there is one from Heysham direct.

There is the 2A service though that goes down Westminster Road. Change at Regent road on to the 6 service which stops outside the Globe. There's also a service down the prom, change at Regent road on to the same service (6).
scar

Postby parkyboy » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:26 pm

Seems as though its harder to get to than christie for most folk, changing buses etc
parkyboy

Postby marky » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Plus the 6/6A are minibus routes. Hardly adequate...
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:32 pm

scar wrote:Without knowing all of the routes I couldn't tell you if there is one from Heysham direct.

There is the 2A service though that goes down Westminster Road. Change at Regent road on to the 6 service which stops outside the Globe. There's also a service down the prom, change at Regent road on to the same service (6).

but by the time you have waited at the bus stop for 20 mins you could have walked it
heysham_mfc

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:35 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:
scar wrote:Without knowing all of the routes I couldn't tell you if there is one from Heysham direct.

but by the time you have waited at the bus stop for 20 mins you could have walked it

anybody on here heard of shankys pony :roll:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby shrimper » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:56 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:
heysham_mfc wrote:

Errrrrrrmmmmm....... no. Want to have another try?
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:40 am

shrimpnsave wrote:
heysham_mfc wrote:

didn't he manage Liverpool ?
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby stevanshrimp » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:32 am

shrimpnsave wrote:

Neigh lad! ;)

Bob Parsley ;)
I still believe!
stevanshrimp

Postby Curly » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:59 am

shrimpnsave wrote:
heysham_mfc wrote:

After doing a shift, do you fancy a walk from Shore Road (Heysham port) to The Globe (Westgate)? You've got 45mins too.
I think its going to be bus to Battery for me, with 15 mins to walk to The Globe.
Taxi would be £10 at least. :roll:
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby darrenlock » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:05 am

You'd think the company club will offer transport like a bus on regular basic but I live next to the battery and I am used to walk from the battery to Christie Park.
We should all walk from the battery To the Globe singing our hearts out.
darrenlock

Return to General Discussion