use of technology?

use of technology?

Postby Keith » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:05 pm

Sepp Blatter... your boys took one hell of a beating!

Two world Cup games on the trot where video technology showed instantly that dreadful mistakes had been made. To make matters worse (if you aren't watching/haven't watched) in the Mexico v Argentina game, they showed a replay on the big screen before they restarted after the 'goal', so everyone in the ground, including the ref & linesmen, knew that it wasn't a goal, but they still had to give it!

Surely after today FIFA will have to look at the use of technology again, and this time, say yes?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: use of technology?

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:25 pm

The staff/management of the 2 teams have just had a brawl behind the dug out needless to say the hand of god was centre of attention :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby ockers » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:38 pm

im sorry but the linesmen in both games should have seen the goals scored
no need for technology but a need for fitter quicker more proficient officials imho
perhaps in this chavvy age we should enter a virtual world cup instead of the real thing we may have more chance of winning such a competition sponsored buy xbox of course..... :roll:

lets leave the world cup to proper teams who play proper football
in the grand scheme of things we're top flight league one at best
what a strike by tevez.......
ockers

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:46 pm

[quote="ockers"]im sorry but the linesmen in both games should have seen the goals scored
no need for technology but a need for fitter quicker more proficient officials imho
perhaps in this chavvy age we should enter a virtual world cup instead of the real thing we may have more chance of winning such a competition sponsored buy xbox of course..... :roll:

err whats wrong with technology ..that dick could have cost us the game :?: :?: :?: :?:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Keith » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:00 pm

ockers wrote:im sorry but the linesmen in both games should have seen the goals scored
no need for technology but a need for fitter quicker more proficient officials

Surely this is as good as officials get? They can't be fitter & better than the ones at the World Cup. I thought Mexico slightly shaded it until the goal was given rather than the correct decision. In the England match, we were poor, but going in level at half time, who knows how it may have turned out?

And Elaine said... "it's not virtual football, it's about an accurate recording of what has happened" (and I'd bear in mind, she's the size of Diego Maradona and just as scary!)
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby ockers » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:07 pm

Keith wrote:
ockers wrote:im sorry but the linesmen in both games should have seen the goals scored

Surely this is as good as officials get? They can't be fitter & better than the ones at the World Cup. I thought Mexico slightly shaded it until the goal was given rather than the correct decision. In the England match, we were poor, but going in level at half time, who knows how it may have turned out?

And Elaine said... "it's not virtual football, it's about an accurate recording of what has happened" (and I'd bear in mind, she's the size of Diego Maradona and just as scary!)

doesnt she support Burnley?
I rest my case.......hides behind the sofa.....
ockers

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:43 pm

Keith wrote:

Surely this is as good as officials get?

you would think so :roll:
heysham_mfc

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:22 pm

the only technology that would help england in a world cup is the bionic technology that used to help lee majors, the rest of football though, is in the dark ages, the arguments by the elite few against some form of improvement are either deluded or have profit motivated reasons behind their stubborness :?: :?:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby scar » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:14 pm

There's one ref who has to run the entire pitch - and has been proved already, the ref tends to run more miles per game than any other player on the pitch. The ref is already fitter than most.

The linesmen however only have to run half of the length of the pitch, leaving the ref to do the rest of the work for the other half of the line.

If they aren't going to embrace goaline or technological referee assistance whilst companies are investing in new technology in boots, balls, fitness regiems, dietary etc, then FIFA are going to have to invest in some more linesman so that you have a view from both sides of the pitch. Downside is we'll end up like American Football with half a bloody dozen referees on the field of play and games taking hald a day to complete.
scar

Postby Ntini » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:34 pm

I'm sorry sean, but I think you're wrong there. Where is the assistant referee required to be due to the laws of the game? Answer: looking for an offside where the last defender is. Yesterday that happened to be outside the box. Therefore, how can the assistant see along the goal line? It's impossible, no-one can run at the speed of the ball, so I think it's pathetic to say we need quicker officials. He can't be in two places, so he needs help. That's why they brought in goal line officials for the Europa League, which in my opinion didn't work either. So that only leaves technology which is proven in many other sports. I don't think we should have it throughout the game, only along the goal-line to see whether the ball has crossed the line - end of. It's the only thing that none of the four officials can see at all times, as I think pretty much everything else is covered.

The Argentine goal was an official's mistake which is different. The England goal couldn't be seen by the linesman who was watching for offside. Open your eyes, Blatter, and listen to the poor officials who get blamed for something that they can't do anything about!!!
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Return to General Discussion