Scott Davies Signs For Fleetwood

Scott Davies Signs For Fleetwood

Postby The Bay » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:58 pm

Fleetwood Town manager Micky Mellon has continued his summer transfer activity by providing cover for goalkeeper Danny Hurst.

Morecambe’s Scott Davies has signed for the Highbury outfit and will join the squad when they report back for pre-season training next Monday.

Blackpool-born Davies is already looking forward to joining his new team mates and challenging Hurst.

“I’m pleased to join the club and start this new challenge in my career. With being a local lad, I’ve kept track on Fleetwood’s progress and Danny has done really well over the last few seasons.”

The 23-year-old attended Cardinal Allen High School in Fleetwood and lives locally.

“As a professional footballer it’ll be very good to play for Fleetwood Town. I had a great time at Morecambe and played in some good games and had some good people to work with. But coming back to Fleetwood has given me a real buzz and I can’t wait to get started.

“I’ll work hard and bring a good attitude to the club. I’ll put the work in on the training field and make the gaffer want to pick me.”

Mellon said a goalkeeper was high on his summer transfer list.

“It was important we recruited a suitable keeper after Doots (Craig Dootson) couldn’t come full-time. We’ve brought in an exceptional goalkeeper and we’re delighted to have Scott on board. He’s is a very good goalkeeper and I’m sure him and Danny will have a good relationship.

Turning to other transfer targets, Mellon said he expects one or two more arrivals as he prepares his side for its first taste of Blue Square Bet Premier football.

“Hopefully we should have one or two deals done before going to Austria. That will be us finished then and we will be able to concentrate on pre-season.”
The Bay's Goalzone - Saturday's 2-6pm & Tuesday's 7-10pm - Interviews & All The Action
http://www.thebay.co.uk
FOLLOW THE SHOW ON TWITTER - @dpsalmon or @TheBayGoalzone
The Bay

Re: Scott Davies Signs For Fleetwood

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:15 pm

good move for him and more chance of first team football
heysham_mfc

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:48 pm

Good luck scott and many thanks, you are far too good to be a sub, hope you have a missus coz i was working in fleetwood today and the birds are all mingers :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby shrimpnsave » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:51 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:Good luck scott and many thanks, you are far too good to be a sub, hope you have a missus coz i was working in fleetwood today and the birds are all mingers :lol:

my wife is from fleetwood..............
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:29 pm

If she is from fleetwood shrimpsave, i take it that she no longer lives there, so she is not one of the ladies i saw today, i am sure that your good lady took a look in a mirror years ago and thought, i am far too pretty to live in fleetwood, i dont even like fishermans freinds :lol:
mrpotatohead

Postby shrimpnsave » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:02 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:If she is from fleetwood shrimpsave, i take it that she no longer lives there, so she is not one of the ladies i saw today, i am sure that your good lady took a look in a mirror years ago and thought, i am far too pretty to live in fleetwood, i dont even like fishermans freinds :lol:

:lol: gotcha

you ever thought for running for politics

dat was quite diplomatic reply ;) 8-)
shrimpnsave

Postby shrimpnsave » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:13 pm

Good luck scott .......

and of course all the best :)
shrimpnsave

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:33 pm

DITTO

Scotty is an MFC legend, good luck in your future, thanks, lee
mrpotatohead

Postby Keith » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:44 am

I just hope he isn't going from League Two bench-warmer to Conference bench-warmer because he's not going as first choice. Hopefully he'll soon get the chance to be number one. Be a strange game if Scott and Stephen Drench line up against each other next season!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion