Arena update

Arena update

Postby Christies Child » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:27 am

Despite all the gloom about our National squad, we've a lot to look forward to as Shrimp fans and in particular our new home.

Had a quick look at the Arena yesterday afternoon.

The contractors are starting to lay the tarmac on the entry road and some of the car parks.

The fences around the external sports areas are well under way and the floodlight pylons for the same areas are in place.

The home stand has been fitted with one row of crash barriers (which i hope will be painted red to give the Arena some sadly lacking colour) and the pitch looks to have been cut.

Like everybody else looking forward to the next set of pics from Mike W and his Assistant.

;) ;) ;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Arena update

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:27 pm

All good news, apparently, the national team are throwing their group stages games in the hope they can replace jewy boy coyles lot as debut game openers at the globe, I think morecambe would give england a run for their money :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:41 pm

I went down today it's really taking shape now and looking good and the training pitches are really taking shape.

I actually expected them to be working today but there wasn't much action happening only about 2 men working down there so it must be on schedule, if we were behind schedule I think it would have been a hive of activity.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:54 am

P/T Indie wrote:I went down today it's really taking shape now and looking good and the training pitches are really taking shape.

I actually expected them to be working today but there wasn't much action happening only about 2 men working down there so it must be on schedule, if we were behind schedule I think it would have been a hive of activity.

did they let you onto the site?

I went down a few weeks ago and was behind a fence that started by the Church and everything was a long way off.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby scar » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:44 am

P/T Indie wrote:I went down today it's really taking shape now and looking good and the training pitches are really taking shape.

So it was you who the 2 coppers and 2 pcso's were looking for then :lol:
scar

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:44 am

Just been past the ground and tons of work going on...the main stand is looking amazing and totally different close up than on pictures anyone who as not been down to the globe its certainly worth a visit
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:06 pm

Could do with some photo updates im missing my fix here, come on CC get the camera out and keep us updated ;) ;)
Blackburn shrimp

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:48 pm

I went by and those huge mountains of soil etc at the entrance to the site look to have been removed and Christie Way looks to have been given a proper surface.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Mike W. » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:08 am

Just to advise that Ian L and I are on much needed hols in far away Poland currently - back home next week so will get down to the Globe ASAP to get some new piccies. We expect to be thoroughly amazed by the changes since we went there just before we flew out of the country.

We could show some interesting photos of Polonia Warsaw FC, in the north of the town, for comparson, but they wouldn't really be too relevant. However, it is notable to see that the ground of a club, admittedly NOT the top club in town (Legia Warsaw are that), Polonia HAVE had the odd appearance in European competition, but their ground is not really better than League 1 standard. It is a big oval, with an old looking athletics track round the pitch, with all seated stands down each side, and the ends looking unused. The Main Stand does have the advantage of having two side wings, one being a large-ish gymnasium for basketball etc. and the other being a swimming pool - add that to the Globe and we would be as good as anyone ! Many clubs in what was a communist country, were actually general "peoples" sports clubs, covering several different sports, with football being just the main one. They also had what we THINK (cannot read the quite complicated Polish signs so we do not know for certain ! ) was a small supporters club, conisiting of a collection of portakabins bolted together - with a very nice looking solid carved oak double door !

Anywat after that dollop of irrelevance - get back to you next week. By the way I see someone referred to me and my assistant Ian, but I am never sure really who is the assistant !

Mike W.
Ian L.
Mike W.

Postby shrimper » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:46 am

I wouldn't mind seeing some photos of the Polonia ground, Mike. Always find stuff like that interesting.

http://tinyurl.com/awayfans
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Christies Child » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:12 pm

Tuesday pm

Had to go and sort a problem out for my mum in her Care Home so had a quick trip to The Arena.

The new floodlight columns are bloody tall in comparison to what we had at CP.......lights to be fixed later.

Still no seats in the main stand (cost saving :?: :lol: )

Otherwise things on the outside look very much as they did last update.
Christies Child

Postby scar » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:16 pm

Pics...... this thread is worthless without pics :lol:

Come on Neil, did you not take your box brownie with you? :roll:
scar

Postby Christies Child » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:54 pm

scar wrote:Pics...... this thread is worthless without pics :lol:

Couldn't get past site Security even with my Bob the Builder helmut, Howdens General Site Pass and XXXL safety jacket!

Must try harder.....next time. ;)
Christies Child

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:58 pm

Christies Child wrote:
scar wrote:Pics...... this thread is worthless without pics :lol:

Couldn't get past site Security even with my Bob the Builder helmut, Howdens General Site Pass and XXXL safety jacket!

Must try harder.....next time. ;)

pizza delivery van might just work :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby scar » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:45 pm

Just been passed the Arena. All 4 of the lighting columns are now up and the grass is very green indeed ;)

Couple of pics for you.
Attachments
IMG_0240.jpg
Home dugout
IMG_0240.jpg (45.21 KiB) Viewed 1699 times
IMG_0239.jpg
Home end with crush barriers being installed
IMG_0239.jpg (34.45 KiB) Viewed 1700 times
Last edited by scar on Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scar

Postby Christies Child » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:01 pm

How the hell did you get past security?????

:o :o :o
Christies Child

Postby scar » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:20 pm

They've got a slight problem with a Fox using the new playing surface as it's toilet, hence some patches in the nice green grass of home, but they're on with rectifying the problem :twisted:

First and second floors should be completed and sealed off from the workforce in about 2 to 3 weeks time.
Attachments
IMG_0246.jpg
View across to the sports pitches - lighting columns up.
IMG_0246.jpg (42.58 KiB) Viewed 1545 times
IMG_0245.jpg
View from the 2nd floor of the main stand
IMG_0245.jpg (43.44 KiB) Viewed 1544 times
IMG_0242.jpg
Looking across to the NorthEast quadrant building
IMG_0242.jpg (37.82 KiB) Viewed 1538 times
scar

Postby Curly » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:23 pm

scar wrote:They've got a slight problem with a Fox using the new playing surface as it's toilet, hence some patches in the nice green grass of home, but they're on with rectifying the problem :twisted:

First and second floors should be completed and sealed off from the workforce in about 2 to 3 weeks time.

Want to borrow some terriers? ;)
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Christies Child » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:31 pm

Good to see somebody has been able to get past security for a photo update.

Now that the North Side is almost complete, I wonder just how many will use that side in the middle of winter :?: :?: :?:

Also the stadium looks a bit bland and needs (in my opinion) a liberal sprinkling of red paint..... ;) ;) ;)
Christies Child

Postby scar » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:48 pm

Curly wrote:
scar wrote:They've got a slight problem with a Fox using the new playing surface as it's toilet, hence some patches in the nice green grass of home, but they're on with rectifying the problem :twisted:

Want to borrow some terriers? ;)

I think they've been inundated with offers from Red Jacket wearing, Horse Mounted, Vigilantes :o
scar

Postby EDD » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:00 pm

Sealed of from the workforce....

Sounds a bit ungrateful.....
MFC's Only

Morecambe FC / Bradford Park Avenue FC

Supporter
EDD

Postby Christies Child » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:24 pm

EDD wrote:

Sealed of from the workforce....

Sounds a bit ungrateful.....

No doubt to put down the lino and bring in the benches and tressle tables in the public and sponsors rooms!

;) ;) ;)

Only joking of course. It's no doubt to lay the carpets / final flooring and to furnish the interior out so that it's ready for the opening etc. Can't wait to have a look round having had to rely on Mike's excellent photo updates all this time.
Last edited by Christies Child on Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Christies Child

Postby Vinny » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:40 pm

Great photo's Scar and thanks, however you got there.

I too hope we see some red paint applied around the stadium soon as it looks rather austere in concrtes, brick and greyness, but other colour features are sure to appear in the form of advertising boards. I wonder who or what will be first? Any guesses, bets or wishes of what will be where?
Last edited by Vinny on Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:41 pm

thanks for the picture update can anyone jsut go down and take some pics how did you get into the stand?
heysham_mfc

Postby scar » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:07 pm

In answer to a couple of questions, no you just can't roll up, get in and take pics.

The place is a building site and as such is strictly controlled for access. Health & Safety rules are very strict so please don't anyone just roll up and ask to get in to take some pics as you'll get knocked back.

The only official photograqphs are from Mike W and his trusty sidekick Ian. They take fabulous pics and give us a great insight in to how the development is progressing. They'll be back soon, but in the meantime the pics i've put up should do until then.
scar

Next

Return to General Discussion