Keita, video evidence? FIFA punishment?

Keita, video evidence? FIFA punishment?

Postby Keith » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:26 pm

I'm not a fan of video evidence and never have been but on the other hand, when there are blatant cheats getting players sent off, I find it really hard to argue against. I hope FIFA ban Keita for three or four 'competitive' matches to really punish him and put other players off such antics. If Sven has anything about him, he'll publicly drop him for the next match if FIFA don't ban the little cheat.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: Keita, video evidence? FIFA punishment?

Postby halftimeresults » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:41 pm

Keith wrote:I'm not a fan of video evidence and never have been but on the other hand, when there are blatant cheats getting players sent off, I find it really hard to argue against. I hope FIFA ban Keita for three or four 'competitive' matches to really punish him and put other players off such antics. If Sven has anything about him, he'll publicly drop him for the next match if FIFA don't ban the little cheat.

gonne get slated for this but
is it about time the English except that cheating is part of the game?
halftimeresults

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:48 pm

kaka was sent off by a ref that never saw the incident and refused to view it, as was harry kewell, footy refs follow an agenda, i think you will find that we will scrape through on wednesday if the mafifa have anything to do with it, brazil are usually the best team but do not always win it :?:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:29 pm

what keita did tonight was no where near as bad as what rivaldo did few seasons ago...someone threw ball at is knee and he went down holding is face like he had been shot
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby NeilG » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:40 am

But it's not part of the game is it ? Where does it say in the rules it's ok to feign injury to try and get another player sent off ?

anyway mate it's accept as in " I will never accept cheating as being part of the game" ;)
NeilG

Postby NeilG » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:43 am

we will scrape through on wednesday if the mafifa have anything to do with it

WTF is the mafifa ? :roll:
NeilG

Postby durhamshrimp » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:03 am

It's the world governing body of football. That arguably employs similar tatics to the mafia.
durhamshrimp

Postby The Marksman » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:38 am

halftimeresults wrote:
Keith wrote:I'm not a fan of video evidence and never have been but on the other hand, when there are blatant cheats getting players sent off, I find it really hard to argue against. I hope FIFA ban Keita for three or four 'competitive' matches to really punish him and put other players off such antics. If Sven has anything about him, he'll publicly drop him for the next match if FIFA don't ban the little cheat.

I'm going to stand up and agree with you. Frankly, if I was playing, I'd be doing anything that could gain our team an advantage, even if that meant making out I'd been shot. Gamesmanship. We don't like it because we're bad at it.
The Marksman

Postby NeilG » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:12 am

Anyone who condones cheating of any kind is either a cheat themselves or has little or no regard for sport. Some people need to grow up a bit here , mafifa and accepting cheating WTF are you lot on ? :roll:
NeilG

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:18 am

NeilG wrote:Anyone who condones cheating of any kind is either a cheat themselves or has little or no regard for sport. Some people need to grow up a bit here , mafifa and accepting cheating WTF are you lot on ? :roll:

Great new footballing word there Neil :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby NeilG » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:04 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
NeilG wrote:Anyone who condones cheating of any kind is either a cheat themselves or has little or no regard for sport. Some people need to grow up a bit here , mafifa and accepting cheating WTF are you lot on ? :roll:

Great new footballing word there Neil :lol:

You say that like it was me that invented it Mark :lol: Have you ever read such cynicism though ? Like these people actually know exactly what goes on inside Fifa :lol:
NeilG

Postby The Marksman » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:45 pm

I'd have no problem if all cheating was eliminated, be that through video evidence or whatever. However the reality of the situation we find ourselves in is that you can often get away with it and it gives you an advantage. That being the case, I'd definitely do it.
The Marksman

Postby durhamshrimp » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:12 pm

I'd rather not win at all if it was down to cheating, because you're not really winning.

Only exception would be playing the Argies and beating them with a cheeky handball, i'd take that.
durhamshrimp

Postby Opinionated » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:54 pm

Cheating to win is a terrible sin unless... you are playing Accrington then morals are forgotten :o
'Patience is key in football' - Darren Lock
Opinionated

Postby wijit » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:34 pm

halftimeresults wrote:

The thing is, a lot of countries see rules more as guidelines and don't have the sense of fair play we have. It could well be time for us to alter our outlook. Other countries don't really see it as "cheating".
wijit

Postby The Marksman » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:11 am

wijit wrote:
halftimeresults wrote:

The thing is, a lot of countries see rules more as guidelines and don't have the sense of fair play we have. It could well be time for us to alter our outlook. Other countries don't really see it as "cheating".

Indeed. It is congratulated as clever play.
The Marksman

Return to General Discussion