The Globe Arena

The Globe Arena

Postby Up_The_Cobblers » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:14 pm

Hey, Northampton fan in peace.

Been looking forward to the fixtures being released for a while now so I could start making plans for visiting the two new grounds in the division, just had a look at them and Chesterfield is a midweeker and our first visit to the Globe Arena isn't till May! :( :lol:

How is it coming along now? Saw a few designs on your website a few months back and found it intriguing because it looks so similar to Sixfields. One main stand on one side of the pitch and another reasonable sized one on the other with two smaller stands behind the goal, although one big difference, as I remember, is that it has one thing I wish had been incorporated into our groun's design- terracing. Looks like a good modern stadium, and is definitely an improvement on Christie Park facilities-wise, even if it isn't character wise. Look forward to visiting it in just under a year. ;)
Up the Cobblers
F*** the Posh
Up_The_Cobblers

Re: The Globe Arena

Postby Up_The_Cobblers » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:16 pm

By the way, I'm the League Two mod on the Football-Forever forums ( http://football-forever.com/ipb/ ). We don't have any Morecambe fans at the moment so if you've got a bit of time on your hands pop over and say hello. ;)
Up the Cobblers
F*** the Posh
Up_The_Cobblers

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:32 pm

Everything you need to know is on here http://www.globearena.co.uk/

The ground has been designed to accommodate the current fanbase comfortably, with a state of the art main stand and terraces behind the goals for the supporters benefit as we did'nt want the standard layout. The side without a roof and the Community block in one corner has upset a few to say the least, but the "fixings" are there to expand as required - a bit like my belt!!

I saw this fixture as well, maybe it will be the decider for promotion eh?

At least you will have the best chance of the ground being finished! :lol:

Good luck until then ;)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:28 pm

its a comfy pair of shoes for us lot, a new modern christie park, with potential for improvement, looking forward to next seasons 1.5 mile walk down westgate, hope a better chippy opens halfway there and they still do potts pies at the globe :lol:

oh and stowford press :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby shrimpnsave » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:32 pm

potts pies are crap except for there spuds an broc :D
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Return to General Discussion