Globe latest pics

Re: Globe latest pics

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:51 am

maybe with dawzis knowledge of everything he should change is name to capello construction !!!
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby taz » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:52 am

A large amount of the 12 million pound budget was spent buying the land from the city council.Moving Westgate wanderers cost the club a large amount of money and the cost of transfering the covenent to the new ground would have been high hence the cost of the stadium is only just over half the cost of the overall build.
taz

Postby George Dawes » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:53 am

ive already spoke to SM, he said am the only one he takes notice of on here about with my opinions on players and selection's ;)

so from now on starting next season he said he is going to e-mail me the team he wants to play on the saturday and he wants me to approve it :lol:
George Dawes

Postby outsider » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:56 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:47 pm

DawZi wrote:ive already spoke to SM, he said am the only one he takes notice of on here about with my opinions on players and selection's ;)

so from now on starting next season he said he is going to e-mail me the team he wants to play on the saturday and he wants me to approve it :lol:

Tell him to get Jevons signed up ASAP ;)
heysham_mfc

Postby Mike W. » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:16 pm

From some comments, i is clear that the purpose of the North East Quadrant building (as it is called on plans nowadays)isn't appreciated by some. It ain't just for "community stuff". The end room on the first floor will fulfill the purpose that the old sponsors lounge at Christie fulfilled at the end of its life i.e. the security room. The windows in the new building were enlarged from very small ones, precisely so that the security people could keep an eye on what is happening in the ground, as well as by using cameras, especially on the adjacent away stand. Also a door has been added to the building to facilitate access to the pitch more easily, obviously for security reasons.

For that reason the building has to be in the corner of the ground. Have it across the outside pitches and you couldn't have the security room in it.

There is also a small ticket office in the outside corner of that building, by the way, to add to the one in the Main Stand. It may be that when away fans arrive they will go there for tickets, rather than meet up with home fans, by having to go all the way round the ground the the "main" ticket office.
Mike W.

Postby shrimpinho » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:28 pm

I like it. It's different and could become a trademark of the stadium over time. I don't see what the fuss is about really.
shrimpinho

Postby Crooky MFC » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:56 pm

It adds abit of character. Im glad we haven't gone for the Shrewsbury approach, or Chesterfield for that matter ( 4 stands almost identicle to eachother )
Crooky MFC

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:35 pm

Quite like the community block could cause a few problems if in a few years we want to biuld a full size stand down that side though.
heysham_mfc

Postby BHmfc » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:31 pm

Totally agree with DawZi on this one, the Community Block ruins the whole feel of the stadium. Why stick it at the end of the open terrace, if space was a concern it should have gone in the centre of the terrace (behind the wall). If you look at Fleetwoods ground, they have a row of seats (5 deep) with a roof,that runs along the side of the pitch. It looks so much more pleasing to the eye than an open terrace with a big carbuncle stuck at the end of it. Now i'm in rant mode, what about the floodlight pylon IN FRONT of the away terrace, situated there because the bloody Community Block is in the way, PAUSE FOR BREATH, anyway, i will wait for the open day, have a look around the Globe and then open a post to allow supporters to expess their feelings (GOOD AND BAD) about the new stadium, or should that be their new second home.
BHmfc

Previous

Return to General Discussion