Globe latest pics

Globe latest pics

Postby Mike W. » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:22 pm

Photos taken just the other day are now on the web site - with decorating now well on you get to look at paint drying ! The outside pitch area is well on and nearly ready for its 3G surface. The scaffolding is being taken off the North east Building. There was a guy spreading smelly gloopy stuff all over the Main Stand second floor ready for its actual flooring stuff. The actual pitch is much greener as the bare patches get a lot smaller.

See http://www.globearena.co.uk

Mike W.
Ian L.
Mike W.

Re: Globe latest pics

Postby forces shrimp » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:55 am

Wow it really is starting to come together now. I have no douts it will be ready in time for the handover. Thanks for the pics been getting restless all week. :roll:
forces shrimp

Postby Mighty Red » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:07 am

Coming together nicely, thanks for the great pics.
Mighty Red

Postby George Dawes » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:13 am

ive noticed they've splashed out a fair bit on the wall tiles, they could have just got plain standard white ones a lot cheaper nearly half the price

i do wonder :roll:
George Dawes

Postby Christies Child » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:46 am

DawZi wrote:ive noticed they've splashed out a fair bit on the wall tiles, they could have just got plain standard white ones a lot cheaper nearly half the price

i do wonder :roll:

They've saved money by not having seats in the main stand. Just wooden benches like it used to be back in the old days of the wooden stand at CP.

;) ;) ;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby outsider » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:17 am

They used the money they saved by not roofing the new north side of the ground, we can't be having the nice main stand looking shabby by using "own brand" white tiles. What the point of a roof anyway only 50 odd people would use it.................................
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby George Dawes » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:32 am

and ive noticed there's only just 5 windows in that big community block thing facing the pitch what is the point in that ??

might aswell have built that block outside the arena itself for the sake of a handfull of people who will/might be watching the games through them tiny winy windows
George Dawes

Postby halftimeresults » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:58 am

DawZi wrote:and ive noticed there's only just 5 windows in that big community block thing facing the pitch what is the point in that ??

might aswell have built that block outside the arena itself for the sake of a handfull of people who will/might be watching the games through them tiny winy windows

but the community block is not for watching the game.
halftimeresults

Postby George Dawes » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:04 am

halftimeresults wrote:
DawZi wrote:and ive noticed there's only just 5 windows in that big community block thing facing the pitch what is the point in that ??

exactly!! so why build it there ?
George Dawes

Postby outsider » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:06 am

They did it just to piss you off, it's all a Conspiracy dreamed up by the MLB

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

outsider

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:07 am

halftimeresults wrote:

I thought that's where the spies were going to congregate?

I see the Sponsors "Box" is literally just that! :lol: .... and in blue :roll:

I see they have also saved money on the home dressing room by not putting a petition inbetween the toilet seats :lol:

Tongue in cheek of course. It is looking FAB I.M.O. :D
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby marky » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:07 am

outsider wrote:They used the money they saved by not roofing the new north side of the ground, we can't be having the nice main stand looking shabby by using "own brand" white tiles. What the point of a roof anyway only 50 odd people would use it................................

If you add up all the people who used the carwash with those who used the Paddock, it would have been more than 50 that's for sure! As it is, quite a few are reluctantly going in the Main Stand... As for that ugly community block thing, it certainly helps make our new ground look awful. I've read opposing fans' comments on our ground and most of them are spot on. For £12 million we do seem to have ended up with something that looks terribly cheap. Even the main stand is spoiled by all that ugly cladding...
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Christies Child » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:09 am

marky No.1 wrote:
halftimeresults wrote:

I thought that's where the spies were going to congregate?

I see the Sponsors "Box" is literally just that! :lol: .... and in blue :roll:

I see they have also saved money on the home dressing room by not putting a petition inbetween the toilet seats :lol:

Tongue in cheek of course. It is looking FAB I.M.O. :D

Didn't you know, that's to save money on toilet rolls....(just to please Dawzi)... ;) ;) ;) Why buy 2 when 1 will do?
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:13 am

Christies Child wrote:Didn't you know, that's to save money on toilet rolls....(just to please Dawzi)... ;) ;) ;) Why buy 2 when 1 will do?

... and another reason why the players wear long sleeved shirts no doubt
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby outsider » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:17 am

marky wrote: I've read opposing fans' comments on our ground and most of them are spot on. For £12 million we do seem to have ended up with something that looks terribly cheap. Even the main stand is spoiled by all that ugly cladding...

And just how many of them AND us actually seen it????? MY thinking is 0 as its not finished yet!!!!!!! why the 4k all this negativaty, wait till its finished and open, then if you dont like it dont go, simples! like these aholes who moan about TV shows use the OFF switch, nobody will force anybody to go, no press ganging will be done.

RANT OVER

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

outsider

Postby Bls Shrimp » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:21 am

sorry its already been posted but the architects website has the actual stadium down as £7.1 million http://www.croftgoode.co.uk/our-work/pl ... ball-club/
Bls Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:27 am

DawZi wrote:
halftimeresults wrote:

exactly!! so why build it there ?[/quote]

Where else could it have been built?

It does look out of place in the overall scheme of things and I suspect will cause viewing problems as and when the terracing is extended. But as another revenue generating venue and a facility that the community at large can make use of, it is a valuable addition to the Arena.
Christies Child

Postby George Dawes » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:32 am

am not saying it isnt a valuable addition to the Arena

they could have built it at the front of the site or anywhere there's plenty of room/land to play with
George Dawes

Postby George Dawes » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:34 am

Bls Shrimp wrote:sorry its already been posted but the architects website has the actual stadium down as £7.1 million http://www.croftgoode.co.uk/our-work/pl ... ball-club/

hmm interesting
George Dawes

Postby Christies Child » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:36 am

DawZi wrote:am not saying it isnt a valuable addition to the Arena

they could have built it at the front of the site or anywhere there's plenty of room/land to play with

Wrong....the land that is left is to be used for a Hotel and for a Drive In catering outlet that will be developed in due course.

I suggest you take a look at the overall plan. Then you will realise that all the unused space (to date) has been allocated for a specific role.
Christies Child

Postby George Dawes » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:39 am

Christies Child wrote:
DawZi wrote:am not saying it isnt a valuable addition to the Arena

Wrong....the land that is left is to be used for a Hotel and for a Drive In catering outlet that will be developed in due course.

I suggest you take a look at the overall plan. Then you will realise that all the unused space (to date) has been allocated for a specific role.

i have had a look at the overhaul plan a couple of weeks ago and my opinion is still of the same, things could have been designed a lot better at no extra cost
George Dawes

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:42 am

Zzzz zzzz where is that broken record lol ... lets wait till the ground is finished and open before having a go at it for gods sake.....
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby durhamshrimp » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:44 am

Building football stadiums, picking the England team. There is no end to this man's talent.
durhamshrimp

Postby outsider » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:46 am

durhamshrimp wrote:Building football stadiums, picking the England team. There is no talent to this man's end .

quote reasembled ;)

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

outsider

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:49 am

he will be after Sammys job next !!!!
Blackpool Shrimp

Next

Return to General Discussion