Car Flags - Patriotic or Chavtastic?

Car Flags - Patriotic or Chavtastic?

Postby Gav » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:30 pm

Opinion?
"Don't talk to me about being a star sunshine, I'm on You tube. No seriously, you type in St Albans Vs Morecambe and that's me...celebrating...running to hug a grown man, don't judge me fella, it's pride and passion"
Gav

Re: Car Flags - Patriotic or Chavtastic?

Postby George Dawes » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:44 pm

a lot of the people who i have been speaking to working round Preston Blackburn and Rylands last week are not that much into football they just see it as a opportunity to celebrate there country and for them it's a good way of sticking there fingers up at do-gooders hell bent on political correctness
George Dawes

Postby NeilG » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:52 pm

I like to think the people in my street are being patriotic, every other country flies their flag with pride, don't see why we shouldn't ( whether you're a chav or not )
NeilG

Postby Gedskishrimp » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:20 pm

Chavtastic, good thread, flags out everywhere and cheap booze, total patriotism, recipe for a kick off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gedskishrimp

Postby durhamshrimp » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:19 pm

DawZi wrote:a lot of the people who i have been speaking to working round Preston Blackburn and Rylands last week are not that much into football they just see it as a opportunity to celebrate there country and for them it's a good way of sticking there fingers up at do-gooders hell bent on political correctness

These 'do-gooders hell bent on political correctness' don't exist. The problem is the arseholes who are trying to convince us that they do.
durhamshrimp

Postby George Dawes » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:04 pm

well when Army regiments cant even march through there home towns etc and people cant parade a St George's cross flag in certain places

and school children cant sing ba ba black sheep? at some schools anymore due to somebody being over-sensitive then quiet clearly they do exist..

well thats unless Sky News the BBC are using special effects and actors in there newsreels :shock:
George Dawes

Postby halftimeresults » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:39 pm

I heard that the British government is worried that the average size of penises is decreasing in the country. To find out the extent of the problem they have asked every bloke with a tackle smaller than 3 inches to put a white flag with a red cross on their car :D
halftimeresults

Postby shrimpnsave » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:47 pm

halftimeresults wrote:I heard that the British government is worried that the average size of penises is decreasing in the country. To find out the extent of the problem they have asked every bloke with a tackle smaller than 3 inches to put a white flag with a red cross on their car :D

old news on facebook

cant you be original

yawn :roll:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby halftimeresults » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:44 am

shrimpnsave wrote:
halftimeresults wrote:I heard that the British government is worried that the average size of penises is decreasing in the country. To find out the extent of the problem they have asked every bloke with a tackle smaller than 3 inches to put a white flag with a red cross on their car :D

old news on facebook

cant you be original

yawn :roll:

Hit a nerve did I?
halftimeresults

Postby greenshrimp » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:12 am

Cringeworthy and tacky - even worse are those that drape a flag out their house windows - it looks a right mess, luckily nobody round me does it, but driving to work I see some right states!
greenshrimp

Postby George Dawes » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:41 am

greenshrimp wrote:Cringeworthy and tacky - even worse are those that drape a flag out their house windows - it looks a right mess, luckily nobody round me does it, but driving to work I see some right states!

suppose you have ban the bomb and green peace flags instead :lol:
George Dawes

Postby NeilG » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:47 am

greenshrimp wrote:Cringeworthy and tacky - even worse are those that drape a flag out their house windows - it looks a right mess, luckily nobody round me does it, but driving to work I see some right states!

You miserable twat :D
NeilG

Postby greenshrimp » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:51 am

Maybe just a snob mate haha
greenshrimp

Postby halftimeresults » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:54 am

You need to get a life if you feel that it is cringeworthy.
It has ginen our country a feel good factor that has been missing in recent hard times.
I have my flag draped out off my window on Torrisholme rd so I suggest you don't drive that way.
halftimeresults

Postby Stanley Bowles » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:57 am

We shouldnt need a football tournement to fly our flag and be proud of our nation.Hold your heads high this is our green pleasant land and show it to the world like other countrys do, its not a issue COME ON ENGLAND :D
The dead don't have a choice - we do!
Stanley Bowles

Postby morecambe mick » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:57 am

Can't we tell you don't drive :o :o

I don't think flag poles are allowed on cars :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
morecambe mick

Postby halftimeresults » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:59 am

Stanley Bowles wrote:We shouldnt need a football tournement to fly our flag and be proud of our nation.Hold your heads high this is our green pleasant land and show it to the world like other countrys do, its not a issue COME ON ENGLAND :D

well it seems a issue with some :lol:
halftimeresults

Postby Splodge » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:59 am

Having spent time living in the USA, one thing I admire about Americans is their sense of patriotism. No-one would complain if you drove around with stars and stripes flags on your car all day every day; many homes have proper flag poles outside proudly flying the US flag and their state flag. Yet the only time we see such displays here are during the world cup/European cup; and even then half of the population sneer at it.
Splodge

Postby greenshrimp » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:04 am

halftimeresults wrote:

It has ginen our country a feel good factor that has been missing in recent hard times.
I have my flag draped out off my window on Torrisholme rd so I suggest you don't drive that way.

No problem with the St Georges cross mate, it just makes the place look a mess when draped on walls and out of house windows...just have a bit of respect for my area and like it to look nice.

Done subtly and in style it can look good.
greenshrimp

Postby Stanley Bowles » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:06 am

Splodge wrote:Having spent time living in the USA, one thing I admire about Americans is their sense of patriotism. No-one would complain if you drove around with stars and stripes flags on your car all day every day; many homes have proper flag poles outside proudly flying the US flag and their state flag. Yet the only time we see such displays here are during the world cup/European cup; and even then half of the population sneer at it.

As i travel around in my job there is more flag poles around showing our national flag and it is growing .
The dead don't have a choice - we do!
Stanley Bowles

Postby halftimeresults » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:07 am

greenshrimp wrote:
halftimeresults wrote:

No problem with the St Georges cross mate, it just makes the place look a mess when draped on walls and out of house windows...just have a bit of respect for my area and like it to look nice.

Done subtly and in style it can look good.

Whats it like at christmas round your area?
halftimeresults

Postby morecambe mick » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:08 am

Cold? :lol:
morecambe mick

Postby greenshrimp » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:09 am

halftimeresults wrote:
greenshrimp wrote:Done subtly and in style it can look good.

Whats it like at christmas round your area?

Not sure what your getting at mate, it doesn't look a cheap tacky mess, thats for sure. I suppose the tacky flags aren't as bad as the big inflatable santas and reindeer in the garden haha.
greenshrimp

Postby halftimeresults » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:11 am

morecambe mick wrote:Cold? :lol:

It'snot
Greenshrimp has banned winter :lol:
halftimeresults

Postby durhamshrimp » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:12 am

DawZi wrote:well when Army regiments cant even march through there home towns etc and people cant parade a St George's cross flag in certain places

and school children cant sing ba ba black sheep? at some schools anymore due to somebody being over-sensitive then quiet clearly they do exist..

well thats unless Sky News the BBC are using special effects and actors in there newsreels :shock:

Haha, bullsheeet! Yeah like the bullshit that you can't say black coffee or blackboard anymore. Its all bollocks mate, stop trying to be such a victim and fly your flag, it won't get taken down by a disabled-muslim-lesbian-vegetarian collective.
durhamshrimp

Next

Return to General Discussion