Yates on loan to Burton Albion?

Yates on loan to Burton Albion?

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:58 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A40159703

A Burton fan says they are getting him on loan?

Quote from BBC 606;

We (Burton Albion) Are Getting Him On Loan

Is He Any Good?

Best Attributes?

Worst Attributes

Your Thoughts Please

Louis4Albion

Good Luck For The Rest Of The Season!

Anyone know if this is true?
North Stand Shrimp

Re: Yates on loan to Burton Albion?

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:29 am

Confirmed on Nigel Clough's Burton Albion website :-

http://magicdragon.proboards19.com/inde ... hread=6255
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby shrimper » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:42 am

http://www.thevisitor.co.uk/morecambe-sport/Yates-set-for-Burton-move.4436302.jp

and here

May be more ins and outs in next couple of days... we'll update as we get it.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby i-love-mfc » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:58 am

He is too good for them !

IMO
i-love-mfc

Postby Weetabix Kid » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:12 am

Good signing for Burton, not sure if McStay or Parrish are any better but there you go..

Isn't he from down that way, will proberly turn into a perminant move I would expect.

So Twissy to Bury next?
Weetabix Kid

Postby P/T Indie » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:32 am

He is from Stoke isn't he so a bit nearer for him.

He was the player that played the most amount of games for us last season so he couldn't have been all that bad could he?

IMO I think we have just lost our best right back at the club and might be another move we live to regret.

A good move for Burton he should do really well for them at that level as he is more than capable at playing in the league.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:49 am

:shock: :shock: Gobsmacked :shock: :shock:

As one door closes another one will open :roll:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby wijit » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:51 am

marky No.1 wrote::shock: :shock: Gobsmacked :shock: :shock:

Cue Ockers with another "secret weapon"! :lol:
wijit

Postby Number 1 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:14 pm

Great move for player and club. If it means we can get someone in by letting Adam go on loan or whatever it's good business. At the end of the day, whatever you think of McStay and Parrish, both are extremely competent right backs, and Adam will not win us any matches, so if we get a player in who can, that's great.

And Adam will get some confidence at a good club.
Number 1

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:02 pm

This article typifies the difficulties for managers and Directors regarding the transfer window, particularly as we enter the last few days of the current one! It worked well for Hereford last season and as Barry Fry says "You have to be shrewd and you have got to be lucky"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher ... tml#035691
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Posh » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:18 pm

Number 1 wrote:Great move for player and club. If it means we can get someone in by letting Adam go on loan or whatever it's good business. At the end of the day, whatever you think of McStay and Parrish, both are extremely competent right backs, and Adam will not win us any matches, so if we get a player in who can, that's great.

Mixed feelings for me. On the negative I think he gives the ball away to easily particularly when under pressure. On the plus side he was a great tackler and, when given the opportunity, was a very good attacking full back alongside Thommo and it's that we'll miss. Henry isn't an attacking full back and I've seen little from Adam Parrish to suggest he is either. Everyone's talking about long balls by-passing midfield and it's often through full backs pushing forward that this doesn't happen.

I remember Yatesy pushing forward when he was on trial and got into the box superbly. At Northwich, on his debut, he played a first time volleyed pass to feet over about 50 yards. He looked the mutt's nuts. Then remember his winner at Southport on Boxing Day to illustrate the benefits of him getting forward. Unfortunately I think he's had his attacking instinct knocked out of him, it's affected the rest of his play and he and the side have suffered as a result.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Christies Child » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:57 pm

Posh wrote:
Number 1 wrote:Great move for player and club. If it means we can get someone in by letting Adam go on loan or whatever it's good business. At the end of the day, whatever you think of McStay and Parrish, both are extremely competent right backs, and Adam will not win us any matches, so if we get a player in who can, that's great.

Mixed feelings for me. On the negative I think he gives the ball away to easily particularly when under pressure. On the plus side he was a great tackler and, when given the opportunity, was a very good attacking full back alongside Thommo and it's that we'll miss. Henry isn't an attacking full back and I've seen little from Adam Parrish to suggest he is either. Everyone's talking about long balls by-passing midfield and it's often through full backs pushing forward that this doesn't happen.

I remember Yatesy pushing forward when he was on trial and got into the box superbly. At Northwich, on his debut, he played a first time volleyed pass to feet over about 50 yards. He looked the mutt's nuts. Then remember his winner at Southport on Boxing Day to illustrate the benefits of him getting forward. Unfortunately I think he's had his attacking instinct knocked out of him, it's affected the rest of his play and he and the side have suffered as a result.

I'm not sure if it was the Carlisle game or the Doncaster game but the thing I liked about Parrish was his intelligent overlapping with Wainwright. Something that a few of us remarked about during the course of the game and something that I'm sure will be exploited during the season to our advantage.

As for the Yates move. I wish him well but i think after the Darlington game his days were numbered.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:35 pm

very good signing that for Burton shame to lose him but good luck Yatesy (baaaa!!! :lol: :D
heysham_mfc

Postby Christies Child » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:58 pm

Confirmation of the deals completion

http://www.burtonalbionfc.co.uk/ba_newsDt.asp?nUID=381
Christies Child

Postby Aal » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:10 pm

What I don't get is why we have to sideline players who have done well last season to bring in ones who are no better. Yatesy was IMO our most consistent player last season. Workrate and tackling ability second to none.

Good luck to the lad, he will be missed by many at Christie Park
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby Christies Child » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:20 pm

Aal wrote:What I don't get is why we have to sideline players who have done well last season to bring in ones who are no better. Yatesy was IMO our most consistent player last season. Workrate and tackling ability second to none.

It's Sammy's call.

Hell.... even Fergie has his critics amongst the faithful at Old Trafford!
Christies Child

Postby Shrimpsscene » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:24 pm

wijit wrote:
marky No.1 wrote::shock: :shock: Gobsmacked :shock: :shock:

Cue Ockers with another "secret weapon"! :lol:

just spoken to Sammy for his notes for Saturdays game
hes working hard to see if he can bring a couple more in
Shrimpsscene

Postby Aal » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:55 pm

I understand that it's Sammy's call, of course it is. But all managers seem obsessed with 'bringing new players in'

That presumably has cost implications and if it isn't going to improve on what we already have it's a waste of our money. I mean if he turns out to be wrong about new players it will be too late, Yates has gone and other consistent players are on their way out. :(

Christies Child wrote:
Aal wrote:What I don't get is why we have to sideline players who have done well last season to bring in ones who are no better. Yatesy was IMO our most consistent player last season. Workrate and tackling ability second to none.

It's Sammy's call.

Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby Frobi » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:33 pm

I think one of the main reasons why managers are becoming so obsessed with getting new players in, is because of the transfer window. Tony Pulis went on record only the other day that if we didnt have the transfer window there wouldnt be this panic in August where managers are under pressure to improve and bloster the squad!
If the transfer window was scrapped I don't think sammy would be in as much of a rush to find new players, and to fill in much needed positions in our squad, and would have the time to find the right players as well!
Frobi

Postby campdave » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:56 pm

Christies Child wrote:
It's Sammy's call.

Christies Child wrote:Sammy's loyalty to his friend is commendable, but both now surely realise that for the good of the club and in DA's case his personal reputation that it's time to consider if it's time to move over for somebody else.

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
campdave

Return to General Discussion