Sammy Mac & Mark Lillis

Sammy Mac & Mark Lillis

Postby dazza » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:09 pm

i have been a observer on this site for quite some time but have now felt the need to register and air my view,,we all consider ourselves to be morecambe FANS on this site,but it seems to me there is quite a lot of panic going on...

lets take ourselves back firstly a few years ago..being gutted at getting beat in the npl in front of crowds of i think the official line was around 338 fans..

standing on a uncovered wet north end ( who could forget the 3 red spots behind the net on the wall).

i feel the stick the managment are coming under from certain elements on this site is bang out of order...last season when mr mcilroy was being approached by shrewsbury(that we know of)
mr lillis being approached by hull city we were all gutted,,,i grant you all that this is not the start to the season we would have all hoped for,but it is time that we let the guys get on with there jobs,,,we are forgetting sammy is the most succesful manager this club has ever had,im sure there is no one more frustrated than him at our start.
i am also sure that he is frustrated that he cant bring in the players he would like,i personnaly would have loved to have seen luke beckett who sammy knows well come to the club,but we are still a small club,on limited resources and havent got the funds of a posh,,mk,,bradford,,but with him in charge im sure we will consolidate,bring more money into the club and go on to better things as sammy has said his dream is to also,,,,

we are all fans and we should remember what these guys have done for our small club cause if we not carefull the next time a club cmes knocking for our guys we may not be so lucky as to keep them.....thanks
****dazza****
dazza

Re: sammy mac mark lillis

Postby nobbyshrimp » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:17 pm

10 out of 10 that man :!: Welcome on board dazza, it'll be a bumpy ride, and for the record although I don't get to see the Shrimps as much as I would like now, I was one of those 338 you mention on a regular basis when we were in the NPL and still have brilliant memories of when we played York City at York and then replaid it at Main Rd, the home then of Man City because we had no segregation at CP. At the time York seemed like such a big club :!: still got the memories of missing the coach back as well because we were in the pub next to the ground :oops:
nobbyshrimp

Postby marky » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Memories from the NPL days... Bryan Griffiths getting the sack & about 25 fans invading the pitch and singing "Sack the board" :P Several away matches included a snowy night at Emley :P Promotion from the NPL & that mass supporter game at Christie Park :P
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Crazeenick » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:29 pm

Well said Dazza - couldn't agree more.

It's very early days for this season and I am confident that Sammy and Mark will turn things around. In fact, I reckon we will probably get a win against Daggers on Saurday.

So let's all stop moaning and/or panicking and just all get behind the team.

Come on you Shrimps !!!
Crazeenick

Postby Mark S » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:46 pm

marky wrote:Memories from the NPL days... Bryan Griffiths getting the sack & about 25 fans invading the pitch and singing "Sack the board" :P Several away matches included a snowy night at Emley :P Promotion from the NPL & that mass supporter game at Christie Park :P

I remember that well. I was the trigger. Emotions were running high and I was asked to announce the crowd followed by (the exact wording) 'Thank you for your continued support'

The balloon went up, with a lot of booing and as marky says, around 25 (which dont forget was around 10% of our support then) marched over from the Christie Ave end along the side of the pitch stopping in front of the Directors' Box chanting 'sack the board'. They all turned around to me as if to say 'WTF did you announce that for?' and I felt like a right prize plum.

Luckily 14 years later we won at Wembley and it was all forgotten :D
Mark S

Postby marky » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:36 pm

I didn't realise you did announcing back then! I thought it was always Mr. Middlesbrough :P
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Martin » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:38 am

marky wrote:I didn't realise you did announcing back then! I thought it was always Mr. Middlesbrough :P

Crikey, I thought it still was!! :lol:
Martin

Postby Mark S » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:02 am

MRH wrote:
marky wrote:I didn't realise you did announcing back then! I thought it was always Mr. Middlesbrough :P

Thankyou gentlemen :( ;)

Back in the day, sometimes Mids used to force me to do it for his own sport (as I hated anything to do with a microphone), and sometimes I used to stand in when he wasnt there. He wasnt there on that particular day.

Steve is usually there on matchdays, but he needs glasses to be able to do it now (vanity is a terrible thing :lol: ) and now the tables have turned. Its me that enjoys the sport (I left him to do some announcing in the second half of the Carlisle friendly and he got all mixed up with the subs, bless him) and Mids that covers when I cant make it - which was one game last season. Mostly he just sits there with his blanket over his knees and his flask of tea. ;)

We now have Matty as well, who has done it twice and did a great job. :D
Mark S

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:45 am

This kind of Thread always annoys me!

Everyone has an opinion and there are plenty of threads about aspects of the Teams performance, team selection, management, etc to voice your opinion on.
Making a new thread to simply say that you generally don't agree with anything negative said about Sammy and Mark is just a waste of time! Join in with one of the many already ongoing debates and give us something tangible to have a conversation about.

How long is it before we are allowed to have a go at Sammy or Mark about bad performaces?
I have worked in places where you can be the top sales person of the year, but if you don't hit your target for the first 4 weeks of the new year, your in trouble!

I don't usually post negative stuff on here, I respect Sammy and Mark and believe they will see us right this season but the whole point of a forum is to have somewhere to voice your opinion. If it wasn't for the fact that there were things said on here you didn't agree with, would you have ever registered?

So welcome to the board, make more posts, but get involved in an actual debate instead of telling us that we should or shouldn't be dong as FANS!
North Stand Shrimp

Postby Keith » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:24 pm

North Stand Shrimp wrote:This kind of Thread always annoys me!

It annoys Mids too... I mean, we all know he's getting on a bit, that doesn't mean we should keep going on about it...
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:43 pm

Mark S wrote:
MRH wrote:

Thankyou gentlemen :( ;)

Back in the day, sometimes Mids used to force me to do it for his own sport (as I hated anything to do with a microphone), and sometimes I used to stand in when he wasnt there. He wasnt there on that particular day.

Steve is usually there on matchdays, but he needs glasses to be able to do it now (vanity is a terrible thing :lol: ) and now the tables have turned. Its me that enjoys the sport (I left him to do some announcing in the second half of the Carlisle friendly and he got all mixed up with the subs, bless him) and Mids that covers when I cant make it - which was one game last season. Mostly he just sits there with his blanket over his knees and his flask of tea. ;)

We now have Matty as well, who has done it twice and did a great job. :D

you will be out of a job soon :lol:
heysham_mfc

Return to General Discussion