Anybody still to re-sign?

Anybody still to re-sign?

Postby Christies Child » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:38 pm

Have all the first team squad who were offered contracts now signed on the dotted line?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Anybody still to re-sign?

Postby George Dawes » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:45 pm

ive been thinking that, although ive just been told the Jevons deal is all but dusted
George Dawes

Postby Christies Child » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:50 pm

Has Arts signed up? I'm probably wrong but I thought that he was still to re-sign?

More importantly what's happening about 'the signing of the striker' that has been well documented?

As I've already said I want us to go after Brodie with Bishop as an alternative. Brodie could earn us a small fortune in say 2 seasons if he materialises into the striker everybody reckons he has the potential to become.
Last edited by Christies Child on Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby George Dawes » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:53 pm

not sure but you'd like to think so, he may not play pretty football but he's a defender first and foremost and not a bad one at that and chipped in with 8 goals for us this season
George Dawes

Postby marky » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:17 pm

I can't say I (or others) would be too disappointed if Artell didn't sign an extension. He's one of a clutch of players we have who are as good (or bad, depending on the day) as they will ever be and shouldn't be too difficult to replace. That said, if he does sign he's a useful player to have around in case of injury, etc. When it comes to defenders, however, I'd be really interested to find out who is to take over the reserve management post permanently. If it does go the way of the Captain (which I believe it should) then I don't think we'll see quite so much of him in a first team starting line up.

In terms of strikers, Bishop would be the wrong move in my view. Although he's only 28, he's has a similar style to Jevons and I can't see them working well in a partnership (assuming he signs of course). I'd definitely prefer Brodie and not just to increase the Geordie contingent ;)
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:32 pm

Think all the player we wanted to sign up for next season (Jevons still pending of course) have now signed just the small task now of bringing new players.
heysham_mfc

Postby George Dawes » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:48 pm

definitely need these to strengthen the backbone of the team

Striker(with Pace)
Midfielder(pass master)
Center-back(experienced)

oh and i agree on this point
In terms of strikers, Bishop would be the wrong move in my view. Although he's only 28, he's has a similar style to Jevons and I can't see them working well in a partnership (assuming he signs of course).
although i rate Bishop he is to much like Jevons(goal scrounger) a penalty box player who relies on good service, if you played them both in the same team it would be like playing with 9 men at times
George Dawes

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:50 pm

Ive just totted up the players who are signed up for next season and it comes to just 11 (including Adam Rundle) and this includes a couple of fringe players and Will Haining who some think may be on the move.

Of last seasons players the following have still to sign:

Dave Artell
Manny Panther
Phil Jevons
Paul Mullin

If we have a squad of 20 then that means 5 new signings still to be made. If any of the
above don't sign or are released then even more new signings needed.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:55 pm

am sure Paul Mullin signed a deal with a option for another year after the first season?
George Dawes

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:03 pm

DawZi wrote:am sure Paul Mullin signed a deal with a option for another year after the first season?

I am sure your right. He said on Radio Lancs that once he played a certain number of games then he received a contract for next season.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Return to General Discussion