What's the score?

What's the score?

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:51 pm

Following on from my enquiries about the size of the pitch and car parking around the Globe, I would now like your thoughts on whether there will be a decent scoreboard at the Globe.
At CP it was on the halfway line on the car wash side at ground level, and was changed manually by a young gentleman about 2 minutes after a goal had been scored.
I was just wondering whether there would be something more up to date/professional at the new ground.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Re: What's the score?

Postby chrise27007mk2 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:20 pm

Personally, i wouldn't mind if they used the same system at the Globe. I know its quite old fashioned but it doesnt cost the club money and its just as affective.

Although if we have the money, i'd love to see a large scoreboard in the corner.
Like they had at highbury! Which also had team line-ups and player statistics e.g yellow cards, substitution arrows and a clock!
They could also use it for sponsorship slides pre-game and half time.

:o
chrise27007mk2

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:30 pm

i know it is all about the cost, but it would add to the matchday experience to have a clock that ran through the game, so everyone would know how many minutes had gone, but then again, there is the old fashioned way.....as each half kicks off, look at your watch and keep a check that way :roll:
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby scar » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:32 pm

Better still... why not wait until the first home game and come along and see for yourselves what the club has to offer.

Pitch size, car parking, score board, price of a Pie, price of a pint, etc.

Surely thats half the fun and experience of a new stadium. I know it is for me when visiting a new away ground i've never been to.
scar

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:53 pm

It could also be used to give out latest, half time and full times scores rather than them having to be given over the PA some new grounds don't have a score board at all.
heysham_mfc

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:45 am

I just feel that the club might be missing a trick by not addressing the issue of some kind of scoreboard, although I have nothing against the PA system, which could work alongside it.
seasonsinthesun

Postby Christies Child » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:54 am

What happened to the electronic scoreboard that we got from Carlisle as part of the DC deal?

That would be ideal at The Globe.

Alternatively we could always have 'scoreboard' girls parading round the pitch as they do in Boxing....... 8-) 8-) 8-)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Wild Bill » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:01 pm

I will be very surprised if we don't end up with a better scoreboard next season. Keep hearing that we still have Carlisle's old board kicking around from the sale of Danny Carlton but as I remember that was rather basic and the club may feel that a larger, all singing, all dancing one may be worth spending a few quid on, particularly if it could be used for advertising. It could be bolted to the wall of the north terrace and would improve the overall look of the new ground.

But like someone said, we will just have to wait and see what we get...
Wild Bill

Postby Christies Child » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:04 pm

....we could always have one of those 'chaser' scoreboards on the top level of the Community Building. :o

;) ;) ;)
Christies Child

Postby Splodge » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:33 pm

Christies Child wrote:What happened to the electronic scoreboard that we got from Carlisle as part of the DC deal?

did it ever exist? I'd have thought we'd have been using it had we received one!
Splodge

Postby Christies Child » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:27 pm

Splodge wrote:
Christies Child wrote:What happened to the electronic scoreboard that we got from Carlisle as part of the DC deal?

did it ever exist? I'd have thought we'd have been using it had we received one!

I seem to recall Chesh saying to me that it was stored underneath the North Stand.

Might now be in one of the many piles of shattered concrete...that was once a football ground. :cry:

:?: :?: :?:
Christies Child

Postby DTSJim » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:32 pm

Splodge wrote:

Did it balls exist.
DTSJim

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:39 pm

ideal place for it would be in the community block or like a most grounds on top of the away stand. Even something as simple as what they have at Shrewsbury would do.
heysham_mfc

Postby Christies Child » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:13 pm

DTSJim wrote:
Splodge wrote:

Did it balls exist.

A wonderful command of the English language! ;)
Christies Child

Return to General Discussion