Pushing it !!!

Re: Pushing it !!!

Postby John L » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:30 pm

Christies Child wrote:
What are you suggesting :?: :?: :?:

I think he wants us all to go and support Chesterfield instead!
John L

Postby shrimpinho » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:43 pm

plus a gym & all weather pitches even then wouldn't take the cost over 12 million, it doesn't add up you cant justify it[/quote]

okay, okay. So what is being suggested here?

if a roof had been put on the new car wash stand my guess is that none of these questions would be asked?

and these comparisons with chesterfield.
its almost like, being jelous of your friend as a kid because he got the white power ranger, whilst you got the pink.

(would like to state that was a complete fictional example :lol: )
shrimpinho

Postby George Dawes » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:02 pm

right have just called the Police! am going to go down to the ground with them in the morning!
George Dawes

Postby scar » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:24 pm

The comparison of what MFC have had to pay and what CFC have had to pay is by no means even.

CFC have not had to relocate a football team with new pitch, changing facilities etc.
CFC have not had to purchase the land at full market value
CFC have not had to build in comunity facilities including;
- Gym, FA spec traning pitch, 7-aside football pitch, 2 netball pitches

And at the end of all of it all, we move debt free - do Chesterfield?

It really is as if people think our fantastic board of directors don't know what they're doing or that they're being ripped of. Debate is all well and good providing people are debating the same thing. The Globe Stadium and the B2NET Stadium deals are not the same thing.
scar

Postby morecambe mick » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:38 pm

scar wrote:The comparison of what MFC have had to pay and what CFC have had to pay is by no means even.

CFC have not had to relocate a football team with new pitch, changing facilities etc.
CFC have not had to purchase the land at full market value
CFC have not had to build in comunity facilities including;
- Gym, FA spec traning pitch, 7-aside football pitch, 2 netball pitches

And at the end of all of it all, we move debt free - do Chesterfield?

It really is as if people think our fantastic board of directors don't know what they're doing or that they're being ripped of. Debate is all well and good providing people are debating the same thing. The Globe Stadium and the B2NET Stadium deals are not the same thing.

All the underground work we've had to do before any construction can start is mightily expensive too. They didn't have to drive concrete piles into the ground beforehand - I seem to remember somewhere on here it was stated that there was hundreds of metres of the stuff.
morecambe mick

Postby George Dawes » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:56 pm

yes they have

CFC have not had to build in community facilities

yes they have

Facilities
The ground consists of 4 stands; HTM Stand (Main), Midlands Co-operative Community Stand (East), Printability Stand (North), and the Karen Child Stand (South). Away fans are situated in the North stand and additional space is provided in the East stand. The West Stand includes conference rooms and banqueting rooms, one of which has been named the 'Leengate' Legends Lounge. Leengate Valves have agreed a 6-figure sum, and 5 year deal, not only to sponsor the Legends lounge at the new stadium, but also to continue the 'back of the shirt' sponsorship of the first team.
The East 'Community' Stand includes a multi-purpose sports and community room, sports injury clinic, meeting rooms, a gym and healthy living resource for all ages, a wave pool for rehabilitation, heritage room, classroom resource centre for local education, a soft play area for youngsters, a cafeteria, and much more. Weddings, Conferences, Balls, Dinner and many, many more can be held at the new Stadium in North Derbyshire. There are even plans to provide a Changing Places disabled toilet, the first in Derbyshire. Please contact Chesterfield Football Club Conference and Banqueting Manager Gary Cook on 01246 209765 for more details
George Dawes

Postby scar » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:06 pm

Which football team did they relocate.

And I can't see any additional pitches from any of their plans or images!
scar

Postby George Dawes » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:12 pm

scar wrote:Which football team did they relocate.

sorry i misunderstood that question, with rushing trying to put some curtains rails up with a crap drill :|
George Dawes

Postby Christies Child » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:16 pm

Should we all throw a 20p piece into a bucket to buy DawZi a Sat Nav, so that he'll know his way to Chesterfield.

One thing for sure he'll have no use for it in Morecambe!

;) ;) ;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:37 pm

DawZi wrote:
scar wrote:Which football team did they relocate.

sorry i misunderstood that question, with rushing trying to put some curtains rails up with a crap drill :|

For f***s sake DawZi ...... ! Dont talk to me about curtain rails and crap drills ....
I nearly ended up divorced the other week whilst trying to put up a curtain rail with a crap drill ..... !!!! :oops:
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby George Dawes » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:48 pm

have made my point about this topic countless times, about 12-million being more than enough to have had the original ground built etc etc

it pointless arguing with the same "in-denial lets bury our heads in the sand brigade" just like i have done with you lot in the past ie. with SM tactics at the start of the season and like i did criticising Jevons being off form who when was out of the team we went on a winning streak to a 4th place finish, i was proved right

ill always give credit where its due and admit when am wrong but you CC must be the most hypocritical contradicting poster on here by a country mile ;) ;)

and am not going to comment on this topic anymore only when next season starts when away fans come on here taking the piss out of a very expensive new ground.....

oh and Seasider9601 ive give up with the curtains i think i need a professional to do the job they dont look level and they keep dropping off the wall :lol:
George Dawes

Postby shambles » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:31 pm

Spireite here.

No sports teams were shifted when we took the land for the new ground. I suspect the poster has looked at the satellite image of the site which shows the old Glassworks cricket pitch on part of the site of the b2net. The Glassworks had been closed for a few years and the cricket team went with them. Scored a few runs on there myself in years gone by!

We received the land for free; a benefit of the council changing the local plan to indicate at least part of the site had to be used for the new ground.

I don't know a lot about the community facilities in the East Stand at the b2net but seem to recall that although the stadium was built with them in mind, the actual fitting out of that part of the ground isn't included in the £13m the whole development has cost.

Re the debt issue - strictly speaking, yes, we do owe money. Thankfully it's to the majority shareholder who bought £4m worth of shares when he invested and loaned us a further £2m to get the ground built (the remainder of the £13m coming from grants, sale of Saltergate etc etc)
shambles

Postby MorecambeMickey » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:01 pm

DawZi wrote:it pointless arguing with the same "in-denial lets bury our heads in the sand brigade" just like i have done with you lot in the past ie. with SM tactics at the start of the season and like i did criticising Jevons being off form who when was out of the team we went on a winning streak to a 4th place finish, i was proved right

And then DawZi said "I am the way, the truth and the life. No man cometh unto the father but by me......"
MorecambeMickey

Postby RedRedWine1 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:23 pm

I can sympathise with Dawzi, he is only making a simple point: We planned to spend £12million, the project has cost £12 million, yet major cutbacks can be seen from the initial plans. Somewhere in the budget there is a massive variance to plan. Due to the lack of a definitive reason for it, people are starting to draw their own conclusion. The replies that people are giving for the necessity of such cutbacks in most cases come across as speculative, guess work, and a complete lack of understanding of the question that people are actually asking. More annoyingly than this thread going round and round in circles, is the defensive reaction that certain posters are persisting with, followed by the 'you're not a fan if you don't tow the party line' type comment. This is strange because nobody is attacking anybody (certainly not the board), just posing the 'why?' question. If you use some logic, to me it is a really fair question.
RedRedWine1

Postby Sammy h » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:31 pm

RedRedWine wrote:I can sympathise with Dawzi, he is only making a simple point: We planned to spend £12million, the project has cost £12 million, yet major cutbacks can be seen from the initial plans. Somewhere in the budget there is a massive variance to plan. Due to the lack of a definitive reason for it, people are starting to draw their own conclusion. The replies that people are giving for the necessity of such cutbacks in most cases come across as speculative, guess work, and a complete lack of understanding of the question that people are actually asking. More annoyingly than this thread going round and round in circles, is the defensive reaction that certain posters are persisting with, followed by the 'you're not a fan if you don't tow the party line' type comment. This is strange because nobody is attacking anybody (certainly not the board), just posing the 'why?' question. If you use some logic, to me it is a really fair question.

Spot on. Agree with you 100%.

It is the same people all the time aswell, there is nothing wrong with asking questions.
Sammy h

Postby durhamshrimp » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:49 pm

Christies Child wrote:Should we all throw a 20p piece into a bucket to buy DawZi a Sat Nav, so that he'll know his way to Chesterfield.

One thing for sure he'll have no use for it in Morecambe!

;) ;) ;)

Nah, we'll just ask him to build the ground next time.
durhamshrimp

Postby Morecambe Jack » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:53 pm

Its not difficult to see where the difference in cost between our stadium and Chesterfields is - it's the cost of the land. I would imagine that we had to pay a small fortune for it if it was bought at market value. It is a much bigger site than Christie Park so however much it was, it was a good deal all considered!

With regards to the original plans and what we are actually getting, its not unreasonable for people to ask why we have had to make cutbacks. But at the same time the board are under no obligation to tell us so the speculative answers people are coming up with (which are very reasonable in my opinion) are the best we are probably going to get. Its not uncommon for costs of building projects to rise, in fact its extremely common - wembley, olympics etc. The difference being, we have opted to scale back the project than throw more money at it. I assume this is in order to keep is in the debt-free situation Peter McGuigan said we would be in.
Morecambe Jack

Previous

Return to General Discussion