Ignore the cynics - we'll do alright again this season

Ignore the cynics - we'll do alright again this season

Postby Bryan » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:05 pm

Some baffling tripe on here about what we are or aren't going to do this campaign. We've lost Thommo. Yeah ok a big blow. But take that aside and i think Samm'y's actually strengthened the side or should that be sqaud. And it is the clubs that have decent squads that will prevail again this season.

Forget the poor run-in. The players have re-charged and there is competition for places. New faces will take time to bed-in but when you look at it it's a bloody good squad. Ok so no star names. But so what. We've got the fans and Jimbo creates the team spirit and Sammy and mark can get the best out of them.

Add into that a supportive Chairman and i think it is some of the so-called fancied sides that need to look at themselves. Think of Rochdale last term and you can see what can be achieved at this level without star players on ridiculous high wages.
Bryan

Re: Ignore the cynics - we'll do alright again this season

Postby Loyalsupporter » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:25 pm

All Morecambe fans should realise after the last two amazing seasons we have had, we wont be pushed aside (easily) by any club in any competition, so everyone should expect us to have another eventfull season.

(cant wait for the season to start)
Football League & We're Having A Laugh
Loyalsupporter

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:16 pm

Loyalsupporter wrote:All Morecambe fans should realise after the last two amazing seasons we have had, we wont be pushed aside (easily) by any club in any competition, so everyone should expect us to have another eventfull season.

(cant wait for the season to start)

even though we had a run in last season we did fantastic for a team that has never played in the FL before not to mention our great runs in the Carling cup and JPT
heysham_mfc

Postby bigreddog » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:12 pm

Could not agree more. The squad is stronger, we've strengthened in every department and we have ,and have had for some time, a fantastic team spirit. Can't wait to see the new team, in the new strip in a new season. We'll be fine. In fact I think better than fine, but I don't want to jinx the lads.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby shrimper » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:21 pm

Bryan, we don't know if the signings have ended yet. There may be quite a bit more activity between now and the first match for all we know.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Christies Child » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:26 pm

shrimper wrote:..yeah, whatever.

And, Bryan, we don't know if the signings have ended yet. There may be quite a bit more activity between now and the first match for all we know.

...and there speaks a man who usually gets it right.

Nice one Glen.

But with all the incomers on contracts, something has got to give to make room in the changing room. Looks to me as though there will be quite a few going on out loan or even out of the club for good!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Keith » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:37 pm

jamesh wrote:Heard some other non league rejects new a new club?

Okay james, you're getting boring now. Actually, you've passed 'boring' long enough ago for me to bother responding to you. At least be witty if you are going to try and take the mick.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:18 pm

Keith wrote:
jamesh wrote:Heard some other non league rejects new a new club?

Okay james, you're getting boring now. Actually, you've passed 'boring' long enough ago for me to bother responding to you. At least be witty if you are going to try and take the mick.

what he has typed doesn't even make any sence
heysham_mfc

Postby HALMA 1983 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:36 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:what he has typed doesn't even make any sence

Must admit you've got me baffled :lol:

senSe

Watch out Pedant alert :o
HALMA 1983

Return to General Discussion