Jevons relased

Re: Jevons relased

Postby Keith » Wed May 26, 2010 6:40 pm

shrimper wrote:At home to Rotherham? Then he had a stinker at Bradford which was his last game.

err, yes... last home game... :oops:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby shrimper » Wed May 26, 2010 7:57 pm

james456 wrote:Defensively, I think Sammy will perhaps keep what we've got and just move Parrish to centre back. With Moss, Wilson and one of Bentley/Haining/Artell/McStay(?), that's a reasonable defence. I'd consider bringing in another CB myself but won't complain if this doesn't happen.

In midfield, I'd try to get Panther on a short term contract with a mutual agreement that we will extend it if he regains his fitness and refinds his form. Then bring in a pacey left sided midfielder (eg Pugh) and a central attacking midfielder (in the Craney mould) and we're all set in that department. From what I see, a central midfielder who can shoot and play incisive passes into the danger area is perhaps top priority. Too often we have struggled to break teams down despite dominating possesion.

Then we need a few strikers because remember we don't have a single one at the moment!
Hopefully Jevo will sign and perhaps Mullin (heard nothing on that front though) but we need at least two new strikers in addition to provide even modest cover and competition. A strong and fast player and perhaps a talented young lad released from a prem side would do nicely.

I think Jevons had already agreed a contract and was just waiting for his other one to run out and I'm pretty sure Mullin had some sort of deal right from the start whereby if both parties were happy with how it'd gone this season then it triggered a year extension.

But, as we've all said I'd still want another one at least, with pace (or two if we can get someone decent as a big signing and then some young Blackburn, Burnley or other club's reserve player on loan with pace).
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed May 26, 2010 9:29 pm

Jevons has agreed to sign just waiting untill July once his contract has ended at Huddersfield.
heysham_mfc

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:11 am

Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Previous

Return to General Discussion