Pushing it !!!

Pushing it !!!

Postby alwaysright » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:01 am

Having just seen the latest photos and how much work there is still to do both inside and outside of the Globe Arena, im i the only 1 that thinks the the contractors are up against it in having the ground and surrounding area completed on time ??????
alwaysright

Re: Pushing it !!!

Postby New_Ground_Watcher » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:12 am

I agree, it's gonna be close.
New_Ground_Watcher

Postby scar » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:38 am

I'd say they actually look ahead of schedule to hand over the stadium. From the pics all of the first fix appears completed in the main stand areas, just the fit out to be done.

There will probably be penalties on the contract for late delivery so I wouldn't worry about them not delivering it on time.
scar

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:03 am

They haven't been working weekends I don't think when I see them there on a Sunday afternoon or working in the evening I will begin to panick.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby feelingguilty » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:04 am

Shouldnt start panicking until you hear something official.

I once had the misfortune of overseeing a project which involved the company I work for building and refitting a new office block - 150 people so a pretty big construction.

I was on sight about once a week - about a month before the move in was due I had an absolute panic as I thought there was no way it could be ready - despite all the contractors assuring me it would be.

Long story short but was ready with a week to spare.

Leave this to the experts. I agree there looks a lot to do but until somebody who knows what they are talking about says there is a problem we shouldnt worry.
feelingguilty

Postby Wild Bill » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:08 am

Maybe time to call Challenge Anika! :lol:
Wild Bill

Postby scar » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:21 am

Wild Bill wrote:Maybe time to call Challenge Anika! :lol:

Do we have a Helipad :? ;)
scar

Postby Christies Child » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:34 pm

If necessary I'm confident that Globe will bring in other contractors from other sites to ensure delivery is as planned.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby alwaysright » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:38 pm

Do you think thet could fetch some roofing with them ?????
alwaysright

Postby George Dawes » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:43 pm

Christies Child wrote:If necessary I'm confident that Globe will bring in other contractors from other sites to ensure delivery is as planned.

and what exactly gives you that impression?
George Dawes

Postby morecambe mick » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:46 pm

DawZi wrote:
Christies Child wrote:If necessary I'm confident that Globe will bring in other contractors from other sites to ensure delivery is as planned.

Maybe I'm talking out of turn, but I suspect that fact that they've given their name to it and their boss said he'll make sure it's finished. :roll:
morecambe mick

Postby Christies Child » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:15 pm

morecambe mick wrote:
DawZi wrote:

Maybe I'm talking out of turn, but I suspect that fact that they've given their name to it and their boss said he'll make sure it's finished. :roll:

Exactly. Globe Management can't afford NOT to deliver on time as this project is their flagship for the region.

Their site at Grange over Sands is yet more evidence of the attention to detail and workmanship they bring to a project.
Christies Child

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:52 pm

Just let them get on with it!
heysham_mfc

Postby shrimper » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:31 pm

And, if they have to work nights and weekends to get it done, they will. It wouldn't be the first time a contract has seen that happen in the last few weeks.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby shrimpnsave » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:10 pm

shrimper wrote:And, if they have to work nights and weekends to get it done, they will. It wouldn't be the first time a contract has seen that happen in the last few weeks.

you a contracter now :lol: :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby George Dawes » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:31 am

am not convinced with them if i was on the MFC board id be calling in a top team of legal auditors and have a detailed list of what exactly this 12-million as been spent on for piece of mind

i still cant get my head round why we couldn't have had the ground built like originally planned out of 12-million

if there is one available for public viewing id love to read it
George Dawes

Postby alwaysright » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:23 am

It would make very interesting reading but there's no chance of it being made public
alwaysright

Postby Keith » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:35 am

DawZi wrote:am not convinced with them if i was on the MFC board id be calling in a top team of legal auditors and have a detailed list of what exactly this 12-million as been spent on for piece of mind

i still cant get my head round why we couldn't have had the ground built like originally planned out of 12-million

mmm... Peter McGuigan stops being Chief Executive of UMBRO and takes BENCH from being a minor clothing company to one that is everywhere at the minute. I'm sure he's not thought this through and is being taken for a ride over this current project? He's probably never dealt with contractors and stuff before, so I hope he's reading Shrimpsvoices for the expert advice we can offer! :? :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You could join the board of directors then ask to see it?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby alwaysright » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:31 pm

Wouldnt have thought there was any need for the sarcastic reply , the guy was only making a comment !!!!!!!!
alwaysright

Postby ezz » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:50 pm

Yeh he's been making the same comments for about 5months or since the plans were announced. Just accept the fact there's a very good chance they know what they are doing.
I'm sure our board arn't that wealthy enough to not care about what happens to their 12million pounds.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Sammy h » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:58 pm

Keith wrote:
DawZi wrote:am not convinced with them if i was on the MFC board id be calling in a top team of legal auditors and have a detailed list of what exactly this 12-million as been spent on for piece of mind

mmm... Peter McGuigan stops being Chief Executive of UMBRO and takes BENCH from being a minor clothing company to one that is everywhere at the minute. I'm sure he's not thought this through and is being taken for a ride over this current project? He's probably never dealt with contractors and stuff before, so I hope he's reading Shrimpsvoices for the expert advice we can offer! :? :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You could join the board of directors then ask to see it?

I would hardly say BENCH is everywhere at the moment? Maybe on a Saturday at 3pm you mean? :lol:
Sammy h

Postby George Dawes » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:12 pm

well you cant argue with people who are in denial just going round in circles, i know which football ground id rather have whats way better value for money and it also makes money all year round and its going to be a completely finished

but hold on i forgot we've got some all weather pitches(big deal)

it's like Peter Sutcliffe's mother nah thats not our Peter(after he was charged for killing 13 women) :lol:
George Dawes

Postby shrimpinho » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:13 pm

I would of thought the all weather pitches are kinda a big deal, as well as the gym and all the rest it..... bringing the community closer to the football club. I know when I use any of these facilities, i'll be happy to know the money has gone back into the club.
shrimpinho

Postby George Dawes » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:24 pm

shrimpinho wrote:I would of thought the all weather pitches are kinda a big deal, as well as the gym and all the rest it..... bringing the community closer to the football club. I know when I use any of these facilities, i'll be happy to know the money has gone back into the club.

not when CFC have had all that amount of building work done for more or less the same price even if we'd had a scaled down version of CFC ground at say just capacity of 6000 at just say for arguments sake 9/10-million

plus a gym & all weather pitches even then wouldn't take the cost over 12 million, it doesn't add up you cant justify it
George Dawes

Postby Christies Child » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:26 pm

DawZi wrote:
shrimpinho wrote:I would of thought the all weather pitches are kinda a big deal, as well as the gym and all the rest it..... bringing the community closer to the football club. I know when I use any of these facilities, i'll be happy to know the money has gone back into the club.

not when CFC have had all that amount of building work done for more or less the same price even if we'd had a scaled down version of CFC ground at say just capacity of 6000 at just say for arguments sake 9/10-million

it doesn't add up you cant justify it, plus a gym & all weather pitches even then wouldn't take the cost over 12 million

What are you suggesting :?: :?: :?:
Christies Child

Next

Return to General Discussion