Globe pics

Globe pics

Postby Mike W. » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:43 pm

New photos now on the Globe web site - lots more grass (considering it is only just over 2 weeks of growth ! ) - fitting out of the Main Stand continues apace - roads being laid out round the whole place - and a lot more.

See http://www.globearena.co.uk

Mike W.
Ian L.

:o
Mike W.

Re: Globe pics

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:05 pm

a thought, given that the new main stand will not sell out season ticket wise, will people with season tickets or match tickets on the day from d and e areas be able to move towards the middle, sit on the empty seats, and use the bar/ food thingy overlooking the pitch, this is not a negative pitch, i am going to buy a lads and dads option in the main stand, but would expect to be able to sit in better seats if they are empty
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Curly » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:08 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:a thought, given that the new main stand will not sell out season ticket wise, will people with season tickets or match tickets on the day from d and e areas be able to move towards the middle, sit on the empty seats, and use the bar/ food thingy overlooking the pitch, this is not a negative pitch, i am going to buy a lads and dads option in the main stand, but would expect to be able to sit in better seats if they are empty

Economy to Business?
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:02 am

mrpotatohead wrote:a thought, given that the new main stand will not sell out season ticket wise, will people with season tickets or match tickets on the day from d and e areas be able to move towards the middle, sit on the empty seats, and use the bar/ food thingy overlooking the pitch, this is not a negative pitch, i am going to buy a lads and dads option in the main stand, but would expect to be able to sit in better seats if they are empty

I would doubt it.

Those people who have paid £340 to sit in C block would be rather reluctant to renew their season ticket in the same place next year if they can pay less and just cross over.

Also apart from season ticket holders , what about the people who pay cash in order to gain entry to C section. They could pay the lesser amount for D or B and just move over for the better facilities.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Plain Peter » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:32 am

There doesn't look to be much space for all those unsupervised kids to run around :?
Plain Peter

Postby scar » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:58 am

Those seats that are unsold to season ticket holders would be available to buy on the day as I understand it. It wouldn't surprise me if they had stewards on the access gates to the Main lounge & Bar area checking tickets as well.

If you wanted the better seats and use of the bar & lounge area then it would be prudent to buy season tickets for those seats that way you won't be dissapointed about not being able to upgrade.
scar

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:43 am

Would have though that if yuo tried to move over there would be stewards there checking tickets and people who had paid extra to sit in these seats would be quite annoyed if they found that people were using these facilities but only paying the regular price.
heysham_mfc

Postby Mighty Red » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:46 am

Great pics, many thanks. Looking fantastic.
Mighty Red

Postby burple » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:12 am

I asked last time the latest pics went up but got no response so I'll ask again

any reason for changing the name in the title of the pics from 'community building' to 'north east quadrant building'
burple

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:24 am

burple wrote:I asked last time the latest pics went up but got no response so I'll ask again

any reason for changing the name in the title of the pics from 'community building' to 'north east quadrant building'

good question. not sure anyone who reads this forum is qualified to give you an answer.

I will put up a theory. Each of the corners is supposed to be filled in with a quadrant building according to the plans from what I remember.

Someone from high above has read of the disquiet regarding the uncovered North Terrace and renamed it the quadrant building with the intention of it being incorporated into a large covered stand as soon as is feasible.

I wonder if a board member noted the ease with which all the sponsors boxes in the main stand were sold for the new season has then thought _ hey if we build a proper stand down the North side with sponsors boxes in then thats another £100,000+ income per year.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby DMC » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:39 pm

Hi Mike
Thanks for the photos- Is the scheme running to schedule and what about the baron patches on the pitch- I noticed them on the last photos.
DMC

Postby DMC » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:40 pm

Hi Mike
Thanks for the photos- Is the scheme running to schedule and what about the baron patches on the pitch- I noticed them on the last photos.
DMC

Postby shrimpnsave » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:45 pm

haha..loooks to me like someone has dug it up and replanted cp :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby John L » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:23 am

Surprised at the apparent height of the north side terrace. Expected it to be at more-or-less pitch level as per the car wash terrace. Should be interesting to see the finished product!
John L

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:10 am

heysham_mfc wrote:Would have though that if yuo tried to move over there would be stewards there checking tickets and people who had paid extra to sit in these seats would be quite annoyed if they found that people were using these facilities but only paying the regular price.

Annoyed :!: There would be a pitch battle! :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion