academy players

academy players

Postby redtilldead74 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:45 pm

im led to believe they are down at the collage at the moment being told who has and has not got contracts.the only one i know for certain who has not got one is the striker ricky ball.i dont watch the reserve games but have seen many good post about this young lad, its a pity but hopefully he can get a run out for the shower over the river.anyway onwards and upwards for the club.
redtilldead74

Re: academy players

Postby MFC James » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:16 pm

I suspect Gavin Clark will be one of those who will get a contract after picking up the U18's and reserves player of the year awards at the presentation evening.
Morecambe and Proud!
MFC James

Postby CASS » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:34 pm

MFC James wrote:I suspect Gavin Clark will be one of those who will get a contract after picking up the U18's and reserves player of the year awards at the presentation evening.

Another will be Young Cowperthwaite son of Barra legend Colin..3 in total according to my
source. :D I liked that c.c.moment.
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:13 pm

Is that the academy that, when you win your oscar, you are loaned to barrer, awarded a one year deal then get dropped, the marrer oscar is a bit of a poisoned chalise imo, not a dig at the club btw, just being realistic :roll:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby RedRedWine1 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:28 pm

I think our brilliant academy has always been a bit of a myth. Even when Harvey was in the hot seat most of the good young players that made the first team were brought in from other clubs after playing a bit of local football. The couple of exceptions are Garry Hunter and David Perkins, and even they I suspect had played in the junior ranks for the youth sides of the Prestons and Blackpools of this world.
RedRedWine1

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:59 pm

I know Ricky Ball so it's a shame he didn't get a contract. Lancaster City also look at players at LMC so hopefully they may take a look at the players that we have not signed. Don't get to watch many reserve games and only seen 2 or 3 youth games this season so don't have any idea if we have any rising starts in our ranks.
heysham_mfc

Postby Josh T » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:07 pm

3 of the lads got contracts, Gav Clarke, Chris Wraighte and Niall Cowperthwaite!!
Josh T

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:47 am

Josh T wrote:3 of the lads got contracts, Gav Clarke, Chris Wraighte and Niall Cowperthwaite!!

are they any good?
heysham_mfc

Postby Sammy h » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:47 pm

I heard Josh Thornton has got a contract, been putting in some monster performances for the Cheiftain?
Sammy h

Postby George Dawes » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:57 pm

Sammy h wrote:I heard Josh Thornton has got a contract, been putting in some monster performances for the Cheiftain?

he could be the answer to our problems in midfield ;)
George Dawes

Postby CASS » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:25 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:
Josh T wrote:3 of the lads got contracts, Gav Clarke, Chris Wraighte and Niall Cowperthwaite!!

are they any good?

I cannot speak for 2 of them,but if breeding is owt to go by Cowperthwaite should have a chance. His Father Colin played for Barra and was a prolific goal scorer and scored in the 1990 trophy win http://www.nwemail.co.uk/afc/news/barro ... rPath=home
He laterly played for Cartmel in the mid 90's when they dominated the North Lancs league.
His Grandfather and 2 Uncles also played for Cartmel (Not at the same time).
So like I said if breeding as out to do with "Making It" the lad has a chance..Let's hope so.
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Return to General Discussion