Big Baz (and t'other stuff from Chesterfield folk)

Re: Big Baz

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon May 31, 2010 6:44 pm

DawZi wrote:
marky wrote:Fast forward 10 years. Community block is being demolished to allow a stand of similar stature to the Main Stand to be built. Community facilities will be provided under this stand in a similar way to the facilities in the Main Stand. That is what I hope we will end up with.

when you look at the for difference in value compared to the B2net Stadium(costing 13-million) a ground nearly twice the size and all seater would be even bigger if they had standing terracing behind there goals

plus they also have conference rooms and banquet rooms just like us to generate none match day income, all be it -minus some all weather training pitches --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B2net_Stadium

i cant belive what a deal there getting and there ground is more future proof than ours in the sense if we grow as a club and get a couple of promotions we will be kicking ourselves :?

and dont forget we only just fell short of playing L1 football, so it's not unrealistic to not think Morecambe can achieve bigger and better things

You cannot compare them on a like for like basis.

As I understand it they didn't have to purchase the land whereas we had to buy Westgate at full market value from the Council.
Chesterfield didn't have to spend £500,000 to re-locate a football club (Westgate Wanderers)
Chesterfield don't have enough land together with outline planning permission to build a hotel and fast food outlets which eventually will be very lucrative for our funds.
Have you ever been to watch a county cricket match thats being played on a test ground like Old Trafford? 2,000 people spread around a 20,000 stadium and sounds like a cathedral. Well unless there are at least 6,000 in a 10,000 all seater stadium it is very dead.
We are debt free. I have a feeling Chesterfield will have massive debt for their stadium and even if it is mainly owing to Dave Allen he will still require repayment in due course.
Give our board some real credit, they are businessmen.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby parceldave » Mon May 31, 2010 6:50 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:
DawZi wrote:
marky wrote:Fast forward 10 years. Community block is being demolished to allow a stand of similar stature to the Main Stand to be built. Community facilities will be provided under this stand in a similar way to the facilities in the Main Stand. That is what I hope we will end up with.

when you look at the for difference in value compared to the B2net Stadium(costing 13-million) a ground nearly twice the size and all seater would be even bigger if they had standing terracing behind there goals

plus they also have conference rooms and banquet rooms just like us to generate none match day income, all be it -minus some all weather training pitches --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B2net_Stadium

i cant belive what a deal there getting and there ground is more future proof than ours in the sense if we grow as a club and get a couple of promotions we will be kicking ourselves :?

and dont forget we only just fell short of playing L1 football, so it's not unrealistic to not think Morecambe can achieve bigger and better things

As I understand it they didn't have to purchase the land whereas we had to buy Westgate at full market value from the Council.
Chesterfield didn't have to spend £500,000 to re-locate a football club (Westgate Wanderers)
Chesterfield don't have enough land together with outline planning permission to build a hotel and fast food outlets which eventually will be very lucrative for our funds.
Have you ever been to watch a county cricket match thats being played on a test ground like Old Trafford? 2,000 people spread around a 20,000 stadium and sounds like a cathedral. Well unless there are at least 6,000 in a 10,000 all seater stadium it is very dead.
We are debt free. I have a feeling Chesterfield will have massive debt for their stadium and even if it is mainly owing to Dave Allen he will still require repayment in due course.
Give our board some real credit, they are businessmen.

Separate buildings (being built at the same time as the stadium) include a Tesco Extra superstore, hotel, Texaco petrol station,a KFC and other office facilities.
parceldave

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon May 31, 2010 6:55 pm

and dont forget we only just fell short of playing L1 football, so it's not unrealistic to not think Morecambe can achieve bigger and better things[/quote]

Give our board some real credit, they are businessmen.[/quote]

Separate buildings (being built at the same time as the stadium) include a Tesco Extra superstore, hotel, Texaco petrol station,a KFC and other office facilities.[/quote]

And if they don't own the land then someone else will receive the income from those developments.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon May 31, 2010 7:06 pm

We planned to spend £12 million pound on a completed stadium with all the trimmings. Everything that you have talked about Heysham_shrimp must have been in the budget to start with. Yes? I'd even like to think that there was even a sizeable contingency for things that ran over budget.

As far as I'm aware we have spent £12 million pounds on a stadium, yet the completed project is quite different from the plan in certain areas. Why? Why did we not have enough money to stick to plan?

And before anybody says it, I'm not having a go at the board. It is a fairly simple question if you ask me. So far the replies have been fairly speculative; in fact most people are too pre-occupied to defend the board of directors that they have completely missed the point. I'm not saying that we need the extra capacity/facilities that have not been built; only that they were in the initial plan and budgeted for, yet they have not been built.
RedRedWine1

Postby George Dawes » Mon May 31, 2010 7:30 pm

i know this is a rough estimate

- £500,000 for buying the land and helping Westgate wanderer's move to a new home

- £500,000 for them all weather pitches for arguments sake

Globe arena now at 11-million + B2net_stadium 13-million = i would now be expecting the new car wash end to be of the same standard as the stand opposite, i think people are right to feel short changed with the new carwash end with that odd looking building

note i like the smaller home end i think that will be a success in creating a better close knitt atmosphere and away end
George Dawes

Postby bill ding » Mon May 31, 2010 7:50 pm

So we read a few comments on another forum about our new ground and now its rapidly becoming a load of shite :?: .
I think we need to take a step back here and think about what we now have .
A ground which should generate income which CP could never do.
Our own training facilities ,including training pitch and gym.
A sound base from which we can move onward and upward .
A fantastic facillity for the community which will hopefully encourage bigger crowds. There will be teams in league 2 and even a number in league 1 who will be envious of what we now have ,and i for one am as proud as hell of our GLOBE ARENA , bollox to the rest.
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby outsider » Mon May 31, 2010 8:01 pm

I think EVERYBODY should give it a rest untill they have been INSIDE and seen our new ground when it's finished ;)
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon May 31, 2010 8:04 pm

I hope I'm not being tarred with the negative brush again. I'm being far from negative, I'm just wondering why the spend is the same yet the scale of the project has decreased. What we will get is still brilliant for Morecambe FC and the surrounding area, I'm just puzzled as to why the costs have clearly gone up.

I'm told that the corporate boxes have all but sold out for the first season at the Globe, in excess of £100k worth of income that Christie Park could not generate.
RedRedWine1

Postby Curly » Mon May 31, 2010 8:07 pm

Has Barry Roche signed up for a box?
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby steve mfc » Mon May 31, 2010 8:11 pm

bill ding wrote:So we read a few comments on another forum about our new ground and now its rapidly becoming a load of shite :?: .
I think we need to take a step back here and think about what we now have .
A ground which should generate income which CP could never do.
Our own training facilities ,including training pitch and gym.
A sound base from which we can move onward and upward .
A fantastic facillity for the community which will hopefully encourage bigger crowds. There will be teams in league 2 and even a number in league 1 who will be envious of what we now have ,and i for one am as proud as hell of our GLOBE ARENA , bollox to the rest.

I couldn't agree more, and lets not forget the common consensus on this forum was that we didn't want a Chester type stadium we wanted it to be a bit different, we wanted terracing and for it not be completely uniform, yes some things had to be scaled back but that's life.
steve mfc

Postby outsider » Mon May 31, 2010 8:15 pm

RedRedWine wrote:I hope I'm not being tarred with the negative brush again. I'm being far from negative, I'm just wondering why the spend is the same yet the scale of the project has decreased. What we will get is still brilliant for Morecambe FC and the surrounding area, I'm just puzzled as to why the costs have clearly gone up.

I'm told that the corporate boxes have all but sold out for the first season at the Globe, in excess of £100k worth of income that Christie Park could not generate.

Do you still get the same amount of Gas/Lecce/Petrol/Cheese as you did 2 years ago for the same cost? Cost's go up, cut back's made. Lets just trust them that are incharge............. They aint done to bad a job so far!

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

outsider

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon May 31, 2010 8:15 pm

im a tad confused here.....

is the new stadium to be called Big Baz :lol: :lol: :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Caged Lion » Mon May 31, 2010 8:16 pm

CC has made some empirically astute comments. I can't be arsed 'quoting'...just read his post.

What is wrong with you lot??????????????

The new stadium is a fantastic improvement...the management, team and potential are vastly superior to anything that the FANS (us?) have ever experienced. So just bloody well enjoy. Who cares what it cost and if it isn't quite as profound as the Chesterfield stadium...sheeeish it is very brave of the Board and investors to go ahead and provide YOU (the fans) with something that will be vastly superior to anything you have enjoyed previously as a Morecambe FC supporter. If you want a bigger and better stadium...a higher calibre squad...just piss off to another club in a higher division with a bigger debt.

If not...just get on with enjoying the future and try supporting the club and team to the best of your ability.
Caged Lion

Postby outsider » Mon May 31, 2010 8:18 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:im a tad confused here.....

is the new stadium to be called Big Baz :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yup that was the stumbling block in his new contract, When he saw it was called the Globe he thought they had named it after Mullin's head.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

outsider

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon May 31, 2010 8:30 pm

Chesterfield had to wait 130 years in the league to get a new ground.

we waited 3 years.

we are a debt free club. I doubt if Chesterfield will be.

Stockport and Crystal Palace are still doubtful as to whether they will be in existence next season. We know we are in great shape for the future.
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon May 31, 2010 8:41 pm

So it's great that Barry has finally sig..............no hang on, why the hell are we not biuling a proper ground with 4 covered sides!
heysham_mfc

Postby ezz » Mon May 31, 2010 9:24 pm

Just one thing i'd like clarifying if possible??
Are we actually debt free? I mean 12million on a stadium, surely the sainsburys deal didin't pay that off and I cant see us having millions in the bank?
Surely we must have some debt from building the new stadium, but I may be wrong just like someone to clarify if they actually know....not just say it
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Caged Lion » Mon May 31, 2010 9:45 pm

What has this thread got to do with Big Baz? Means nothing...just because the title says Big Baz...phah

I imagine Big Baz will be on holiday now, logging onto SVes every other hour and wondering when somebody is going to make a relevant comment. Blog on Big Baz..............

We deffo can't be 'debt free'. Who the hell is 'debt free' these days. My kids have either finished uni with massive debt or are currently squeezing as many shekels out of the old regime as they possibly can before the LibCons change the rules. Listen to Kerrching with Shania Twain (to my old rheumy eyes she is hot) it sums things up.

Debt isn't a scary issue any more...I remember when we bought things on HP or on the tick, it was shameful. Nobody has enough money these days to buy a a gallon of diesel without using a credit card and most football clubs use going into administration as a right of passage, not something to be ashamed of.
Caged Lion

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon May 31, 2010 9:46 pm

Baz must find this post a bit confusing if he logs on here, starts off well, all the best baz and all that, but quickly descends into an our new grounds better than yours, our fans are better than yours, and a few, our new grounds not good enough moans, THANKS BAZ FOR SIGNING, THANKS PM AND BOARD FOR GIVING MFC A GREAT NEW FUTURE, I WOULD ADVISE ANYONE ON HERE UNHAPPY ABOUT THE STADIUM, TO MAKE THE BOARD AN OFFER, THEN PUT UP OR SHUT UP :twisted: :twisted:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon May 31, 2010 9:51 pm

Side note, are we debt free, as fans we are not in a position to ask that question as it is none of our business, MFC is a business and we are the customers, not co owners :!:
mrpotatohead

Postby Caged Lion » Mon May 31, 2010 10:01 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:Baz must find this post a bit confusing if he logs on here, starts off well, all the best baz and all that, but quickly descends into an our new grounds better than yours, our fans are better than yours, and a few, our new grounds not good enough moans, THANKS BAZ FOR SIGNING, THANKS PM AND BOARD FOR GIVING MFC A GREAT NEW FUTURE, I WOULD ADVISE ANYONE ON HERE UNHAPPY ABOUT THE STADIUM, TO MAKE THE BOARD AN OFFER, THEN PUT UP OR SHUT UP :twisted: :twisted:

Don't worry a Mod will come on here soon and lock it down as irrelevant...or move it to the CC Transfer Shambles thread. Barry Barry Ro Oach...Barry Barry Roach
Caged Lion

Postby George Dawes » Mon May 31, 2010 10:10 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:Side note, are we debt free, as fans we are not in a position to ask that question as it is none of our business, MFC is a business and we are the customers, not co owners :!:

you serious?

fans pay money through turnstiles and without them clubs would not exist so fans are in a very strong position ask question's what dont add up
George Dawes

Postby Keith » Mon May 31, 2010 10:46 pm

DawZi wrote:
mrpotatohead wrote:Side note, are we debt free, as fans we are not in a position to ask that question as it is none of our business, MFC is a business and we are the customers, not co owners :!:

you serious?

fans pay money through turnstiles and without them clubs would not exist so fans are in a very strong position ask question's what dont add up

So do people who visit a cinema but they don't question Warner Brothers about their business plans unless they buy enough shares. Football fans always think they have a right to question the share holders in a way that other business customers would never dream of...

AND DAMN RIGHT THEY ARE TOO! IT'S FOOTBALL AND IT'S MY CLUB!!!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: Big Baz (and t'other stuff from Chesterfield folk)

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon May 31, 2010 10:58 pm

Cheers keith for helping me state the obvious to well meaning fans who do not grasp the fact that even lancaster city fans support a team that is also a business, I run a small business that has customers, and i do my best to provide a good service, our board are providing a fantastic service, anyone round here that does not want to shop at MFC, can support lancaster or garstang :lol:
mrpotatohead

Re: Big Baz (and t'other stuff from Chesterfield folk)

Postby Curly » Mon May 31, 2010 11:38 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:Cheers keith for helping me state the obvious to well meaning fans who do not grasp the fact that even lancaster city fans support a team that is also a business, I run a small business that has customers, and i do my best to provide a good service, our board are providing a fantastic service, anyone round here that does not want to shop at MFC, can support lancaster or garstang :lol:

Andy Bishop's going to Garstang :o
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion