Car parking around the Globe

Car parking around the Globe

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sat May 29, 2010 6:57 pm

What do you all think about how they will handle car parking round the stadium?
I know there will be a limited number of spaces on site, but I was thinking more about Westcliffe Drive, and over the bridge at streets like Buckingham Road, Osborne Road and also the other way as in Crewgarth etc.etc.
We all remember how on match days Burlington Ave, Lathom Grove, Christie Ave would get congested, and I wonder what will be restricted or indeed allowed re. parking near the ground? What do you all think will happen?
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Re: Car parking around the Globe

Postby Morecambe Player » Sat May 29, 2010 6:58 pm

I think there was a plan that arrangements were being made for parking at the primary school on Westgate, but I could be wrong.
Morecambe Player

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat May 29, 2010 7:03 pm

Morecambe Player wrote:I think there was a plan that arrangements were being made for parking at the primary school on Westgate, but I could be wrong.

it was in the planning permission that there are 370 parking spaces at Westgate School and the school receives the revenue.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sat May 29, 2010 7:15 pm

Do you think then that there will be no parking allowed at all on side streets?
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Morecambe Player » Sat May 29, 2010 8:52 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:Do you think then that there will be no parking allowed at all on side streets?

It will largely depend on any parking restrictions on the surrounding roads. If there are no yellow lines, or residents only parking restrictions, then as long as you're not causing an obstruction you'd be ok. By then, of course, there could be some additional parking restrictions introduced. I'm not sure there will be at this late stage though, as it takes ages for these traffic orders to go through.

That said there might be an amount of coning going on of a matchday to facilitate the smooth access and egress of vehicles.
Morecambe Player

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat May 29, 2010 8:58 pm

I would guess that on the Western side of the railway bridge there will be lots of parking round Regent Park and the ancilliary roads and down Devonshire Road and all the streets on there. Its just a short walk to the ground compared with say Shrewsbury.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat May 29, 2010 10:49 pm

I'm looking forward to being able to walk to every match for a change and NOT have to worry about car parking !!!
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Sammy h » Sun May 30, 2010 10:03 am

Seasider9601 wrote:I'm looking forward to being able to walk to every match for a change and NOT have to worry about car parking !!!

Here here!!

Westgate school does not have 370 parking spaces surely? Hampsfell drive is close, also the streets across from the ground, Crewgarth etc.
Sammy h

Postby casey jones » Sun May 30, 2010 10:21 am

Not too sure if I would want to leave a car on the estate next to the ground. One or two unsavoury characters there me-thinks!! Not all obviously, but .......
casey jones

Postby scar » Sun May 30, 2010 10:24 am

casey jones wrote:Not too sure if I would want to leave a car on the estate next to the ground. One or two unsavoury characters there me-thinks!! Not all obviously, but .......

There's always a decent police prescence at matches and i imagine they'd be having a patrol round that area.
scar

Postby casey jones » Sun May 30, 2010 10:30 am

Good point, never thought of that, Doh!!
casey jones

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun May 30, 2010 11:08 am

casey jones wrote:Not too sure if I would want to leave a car on the estate next to the ground. One or two unsavoury characters there me-thinks!! Not all obviously, but .......

but won't CC be going to the match too :lol: ;)

only joking ;) :)
heysham_mfc

Postby Arnside Red » Sun May 30, 2010 11:48 am

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:I would guess that on the Western side of the railway bridge there will be lots of parking round Regent Park and the ancilliary roads and down Devonshire Road and all the streets on there. Its just a short walk to the ground compared with say Shrewsbury.

Got to agree there Heysham, it's miles to Shrewsbury lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arnside Red

Postby morecambe mick » Sun May 30, 2010 1:13 pm

I thought I'd read somewhere about on street parking restrictions.

I did........ http://www.morecambestadium.co.uk/image ... -07-08.pdf

It's down near the bottom in Annex 2, just after the photos of the lights.
morecambe mick

Postby parceldave » Sun May 30, 2010 2:10 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:What do you all think about how they will handle car parking round the stadium?
I know there will be a limited number of spaces on site, but I was thinking more about Westcliffe Drive, and over the bridge at streets like Buckingham Road, Osborne Road and also the other way as in Crewgarth etc.etc.
We all remember how on match days Burlington Ave, Lathom Grove, Christie Ave would get congested, and I wonder what will be restricted or indeed allowed re. parking near the ground? What do you all think will happen?

Easiest thing to do is park at the Shrimp and get a bus to ground and back and miss the congestion and hassle . ;)
parceldave

Postby Dan.Campbell » Sun May 30, 2010 2:18 pm

There aren't any busses that go from the shrimp down Westgate are there? I thought the 6A went through Whitelund from Asda...
Dan.Campbell

Postby parceldave » Sun May 30, 2010 2:34 pm

Dan.Campbell wrote:There aren't any busses that go from the shrimp down Westgate are there? I thought the 6A went through Whitelund from Asda...

Im sure there will be when the footy starts, i bloody well hope so anyway . Will have to ask Stagecoach what their plans are.
parceldave

Postby Stanley Bowles » Sun May 30, 2010 3:09 pm

Why dont you all walk, who live within 2 miles ,especilly Mr cc who could set an example in shedding some calories ;)
The dead don't have a choice - we do!
Stanley Bowles

Postby Christie Top Cat » Sun May 30, 2010 3:40 pm

Instead of me picking up the lads each week it's going to be meet you at the
end of the road next season-know who the winner is there - me!!!!! ;) ;) ;)
Christie Top Cat

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun May 30, 2010 3:46 pm

parceldave wrote:
Dan.Campbell wrote:There aren't any busses that go from the shrimp down Westgate are there? I thought the 6A went through Whitelund from Asda...

Im sure there will be when the footy starts, i bloody well hope so anyway . Will have to ask Stagecoach what their plans are.

6 and 6A do go down Westgate but are not much use if you don't live in Lancaster
heysham_mfc

Postby morecambe mick » Sun May 30, 2010 4:33 pm

I recall reading somewhere that a discussion with stagecoach at local level regarding a football special.

I presume it would run in a circle through town and down westgate?

I know Stagecoach are not adverse to running such transport having seen buses running for large supermarkets in rural areas.

The club have thought this through, and even if they haven't had meetings with Stagecoach about this, I'm sure that they would have seeked agreement in principle with Stagecoach already.

Have faith in the club, we haven't been let down in the (recent ;) ) past.
morecambe mick

Postby scar » Sun May 30, 2010 10:23 pm

Most 'supermarket specials' that Bus companies run are paid for by the Supermarket they're bringing people to.
scar

Postby morecambe mick » Sun May 30, 2010 10:25 pm

scar wrote:Most 'supermarket specials' that Bus companies run are paid for by the Supermarket they're bringing people to.

Agreed, they are run free, but what I was referring to was another route specially for match days. Where the bus company would charge passengers.
morecambe mick

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Sun May 30, 2010 10:30 pm

morecambe mick wrote:
scar wrote:Most 'supermarket specials' that Bus companies run are paid for by the Supermarket they're bringing people to.

Agreed, they are run free, but what I was referring to was another route specially for match days. Where the bus company would charge passengers.

Any chance of detouring via east lancs the army is starting to grow around these parts :) :) :) :)
Blackburn shrimp

Postby parceldave » Mon May 31, 2010 10:27 am

Blackburn shrimp wrote:
morecambe mick wrote:

Any chance of detouring via east lancs the army is starting to grow around these parts :) :) :) :)

You could always try www.dprtransport.co.uk. Im sure they would give you a good quote . ;)
parceldave

Next

Return to General Discussion