New Free MorecambeFC forum - MorecambeTalk

Re: New Free MorecambeFC forum - MorecambeTalk

Postby Jack » Fri May 28, 2010 6:57 am

Thanks for the advice anyway guys.
Jack

Postby ezz » Fri May 28, 2010 7:52 am

Morecambe Talk sounds like a telephone package :lol:
Nice forum but will probably stay here, no point using two when the club news is going to be the same.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Jack » Fri May 28, 2010 3:20 pm

So does ShrimpsVoices LOL
Anyway thanks for the advice
Jack

Postby EDD » Fri May 28, 2010 6:08 pm

If I rightly recall, back in the early days of SV another person, and or persons tried to setup another forum...???
MFC's Only

Morecambe FC / Bradford Park Avenue FC

Supporter
EDD

Postby Jack » Fri May 28, 2010 8:57 pm

Wasn't me anyway EDD.
Jack

Postby scar » Fri May 28, 2010 9:03 pm

EDD wrote:If I rightly recall, back in the early days of SV another person, and or persons tried to setup another forum...???

I think a couple of people have tried to set up a second forum for Morecambe FC chat / discussion but for the life of me I can't recall any of their web addresses!

Good luck though..... perhaps Christies Child could post big hole update for you guys as well :lol:
scar

Postby Jack » Sat May 29, 2010 3:24 pm

Hurray, 10 members now.
Jack

Postby Gnasher » Sat May 29, 2010 4:02 pm

That's one ugly mouse pointer, get rid of that and I might join. I think you also need to edit your blog, not sure using a title "Morecambe FC - Official Website" is appropriate :lol:
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Jack » Sat May 29, 2010 4:04 pm

No, the blog has it's own link below, the 'Official Website' link links to the Morecambe website. As for the mouse pointer, I'll try to change it.
Jack

Postby Gnasher » Sat May 29, 2010 4:09 pm

You have used the copyrighted club logo and underneath it you have the official club text. Below that is the link. You asked for advice, you're getting it.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Jack » Sat May 29, 2010 4:41 pm

I don't see what you mean, I didn't realise the club logo was copyrighted and the Official Website bit is just a link.
Jack

Postby Gnasher » Sat May 29, 2010 4:48 pm

You need to do some background reading on image copyright. The vast majority are copyrighted by someone mainly to protect their investment. In the club's case, they will be producing merchandise with the new logo and owning copyright on the logo means they can stop people using it to produce their own merchandise. Mainly this is done for commercial reasons. In the case of a web site, it depends whether the club feel the site is a benefit to the club or not. Post something negative about the club and a good guess would say you'll hear from them.

Any photos or videos recorded within the grounds of the club are copyright Morecambe FC unless agreed otherwise. You are on private property and have to abide by their rules.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Jack » Sat May 29, 2010 4:54 pm

Thanks for that, I'll bear that in mind.
Jack

Postby Gnasher » Sat May 29, 2010 4:56 pm

Jack wrote:Thanks for that, I'll bear that in mind.

While you're removing all the images taken from the official web site?
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Jack » Sat May 29, 2010 4:59 pm

I'm creating a MorecambeTalk banner anyway.
Jack

Postby Jack » Sat May 29, 2010 6:02 pm

There's now some images beneath each forum name.
Jack

Postby scar » Sat May 29, 2010 6:27 pm

By the looks of things, your in here more than your own home!
scar

Postby Jack » Sat May 29, 2010 6:39 pm

Am I? I'm on here as well as MorecambeTalk.
Jack

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat May 29, 2010 6:42 pm

scar wrote:By the looks of things, your in here more than your own home!

That's because on MorecambeTalk he was "Home Alone" !!! :lol:
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Jack » Sat May 29, 2010 6:53 pm

Haha ;)
Jack

Postby EDD » Sat May 29, 2010 11:19 pm

Credit where credits due...

At least some one is trying to bring something new, New Ground,so maybe new forum, or at least an alternative.

I've seen this in the past with other forums, a good example would be Bradford citys forum, where basically a hell of a lot of people setup other forums with some success, as the main stream forum just became a political mouth piece for the club, in the context that all you fans out there should obey the corporate message, in that case the old adage being true you can bring a horse to water but you can't make it drink.. So fans just voted with there virtual feet so to speak..

No offence to the Mods on this forum but there does seem to be certain subjects, that are no go area's, Yes OK I do understand the legal wrangling's of it, but even mentioning a certain name seems to cause panic...?

And after a while, with even the best of intentions some forums can tend to get just a bit clicky....?

So good luck with the new forum.
MFC's Only

Supporter
EDD

Postby Keith » Sun May 30, 2010 9:26 am

EDD wrote:as the main stream forum just became a political mouth piece for the club, in the context that all you fans out there should obey the corporate message...

We've been accused of that in the past. And I'm sure the club would love to have control of "that bloody message board". When both 'sides' have at times thought we are too far the other way, we're probably getting the balance right.

EDD wrote:No offence to the Mods on this forum but there does seem to be certain subjects, that are no go area's, Yes OK I do understand the legal wrangling's of it, but even mentioning a certain name seems to cause panic...?

Yup, there is one subject that does indeed get nailed as soon as it appears and I've already e-mailed the guys to strongly urge them to do the same on their new forum. I'm not suggesting that either party would choose to sue any Morecambe fans who post on this forum...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... h.medialaw

...but I'd rather not give anyone the opportunity to do so. As mentioned in the article, unless you can get a lawyer to work on a no-win-no-fee basis, to defend yourself you will need to sell your house to pay the legal fees. The person with the deeper pockets wins by bankrupting the smaller guy. You say you understand the legal wranglings but I wonder if you really do, or how many people who post on here do?

The Guardian newspaper wrote:Another case dates back to February 2006, when the club [Sheffield Wednesday] sent a warning letter to a fan called Nigel Short. When he received the letter he offered to apologise and to change his comments, but the club rejected this. He was able to fight it only because he found a lawyer - Mark Lewis of George Davies Solicitors in Manchester - who was incensed by this case and was prepared to represent him. "I've had two and a half years of worrying I was going to lose my house," Short tells me. "It's been hell. If Mark hadn't done this no win, no fee, I would have been bankrupt by now."

And the types of comments that led to a two and a half year court case? Here's a few...

"What an embarrassing, pathetic, laughing stock of a football club we've become."

"Another day, another blunder. I doubt even Leeds were in such a mess this time last summer, and look what happened to them."

"I am waiting with bated breath to hear who the Chuckle Brothers have signed after their trip to watch players abroad. With the amount of money they have to spend and the wages they can offer the best we can hope for is that little known Transvestitavian International I Sukblodov, who last scored in a brothel."

We've got a very lenient group of moderators here who I think do a difficult job very well. If stuff gets dumped, there is a reason and it's usually to protect people... often from themselves!

EDD wrote:So good luck with the new forum.

Yes, good luck. I've offered some advice for the guys to adhere to or dismiss as they see fit and I'm happy for their new forum to be plugged in this thread, as long as they don't 'blatantly' bounce it.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby EDD » Sun May 30, 2010 10:22 am

You say you understand the legal wranglings but I wonder if you really do, or how many people who post on here do?

Yes I do.... :roll:

Thats why I'm not mentioning the unmentionable, and thereby offsetting a ban, in some form...

Yes its a very well managed forum, just that some of the fun factor seems to have waned since its earlier incarnation, just my opinion.
MFC's Only

Supporter
EDD

Postby Jack » Sun May 30, 2010 1:05 pm

Yes thanks for the info, interesting to read how the club's affairs are affected by the forum and vice versa, me and James didn't realise there was another Morecambe forum you see until we Googled 'Morecambe forum' and found Shrimpsvoices which is a good forum. The only reason I've created a new one is we wanted somewhere with some extra things but I don't mind working with you, to help make Morecambe a better supported club.

PS On our site, I've had the idea, because we're leaving Christie Park, to do a Goodbye Christie memorial. Basically this will be a collection of images, newspaper cuttings, and fans memories of Christie Park. If any of you guys would like to contribute your bit, let me know and I'll add your name to the database. It could be a sentence or two or a page of writing or maybe just a photograph but I want this to be by the fans, for the fans so please let me know.
To give you an idea, here's my memory:

Christie Park. Morecambe's stadium for nearly 90 years. A place where history has been made, trophies won, promotions gained. But, now, it's time for a new stadium to hold Morecambe's matches, a stadium with better facilities, modern changing areas and a better pitch. But still, Christie Park has an aura about it, history has been pumped through the stadium for nearly a century. Players have come and gone, managers have been recruited and sacked, games have been won and lost. Although Christie Park is small compared to the glitz and glamour of 21st Century stadiums, it will always hold a place in my and, I'm sure, other Morecambe fans' hearts.
From the first kick of a ball at Christie Park to the last ever goal scored by David Artell, it will always be the archetypal Morecambe FC stadium.

Many thanks
Jack

Postby Jack » Sun May 30, 2010 3:16 pm

Any of you Shrimps wanting to help with this then?
Jack

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion