Globe opening ceremony

Globe opening ceremony

Postby ellandback » Sat May 29, 2010 12:38 pm

Will there be a unveiling/handing over the keys to the new arena.If so have the board got any red ribbon cutter in mind to do the honours.
Who would you like to see perform the ceremony maybe some football legend ,the likes of Sir Bobby Charlton,could we even get Beckham.Do we go for Royalty air miles Andy for instance.What about a ex morecambe player or manager.Or We might be left with the mayor if i could think who it is.Definately dont want the new conservative MP hes still trying to find Morecambe on the road maps..Shrimps voices its over to you
ellandback

Re: Globe opening ceremony

Postby Christies Child » Sat May 29, 2010 12:41 pm

Isn't the game v PNE supposed to be when 'the red ribbon' is cut and if so it could well be a ertain Sir Tom Finney to perform the ceremony?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat May 29, 2010 12:44 pm

ellandback wrote:Will there be a unveiling/handing over the keys to the new arena.If so have the board got any red ribbon cutter in mind to do the honours.
Who would you like to see perform the ceremony maybe some football legend ,the likes of Sir Bobby Charlton,could we even get Beckham.Do we go for Royalty air miles Andy for instance.What about a ex morecambe player or manager.Or We might be left with the mayor if i could think who it is.Definately dont want the new conservative MP hes still trying to find Morecambe on the road maps..Shrimps voices its over to you

The new MP for Morecambe was at Wembley May 2007 and he paid for the priviledge. Not sat in the Royal Box like Geraldine !!
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby casey jones » Sat May 29, 2010 12:54 pm

Why not give the honour to a true fan, ie. the holder of the first ever purchased 'Lifetime season ticket', and no it's not me!!!!!!!! Whoever it was obviously had the club at heart, so go on Morecambe contact them and ask them if they would like the honour.
casey jones

Postby outsider » Sat May 29, 2010 1:00 pm

For me there is only one person for the job

Sir P.M.

The man who has made ALL our dreams come true

not not Macca even tho "The frog chorus" is a classic
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby scar » Sat May 29, 2010 2:16 pm

Why not bring in Vince Cable to cut the 'Red Tape' ;) :roll:
scar

Postby John L » Sun May 30, 2010 10:55 am

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:
ellandback wrote:Will there be a unveiling/handing over the keys to the new arena.If so have the board got any red ribbon cutter in mind to do the honours.

The new MP for Morecambe was at Wembley May 2007 and he paid for the priviledge. Not sat in the Royal Box like Geraldine !!

Maybe because she was actually the MP at the time...??? :roll:
John L

Return to General Discussion