LET US MAKE A JOLLY ATMOSPHERE ON SATURDAY CHAPS!

Re: LET US MAKE A JOLLY ATMOSPHERE ON SATURDAY CHAPS!

Postby Bare Ben » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:18 pm

We tried our best at the top of the north stand against Rotherham to get "Bring me Sunshine" going, but everybody's talking about their week or the night before, or just cant be bothered. I think it requires somebody to tell the home fans to "belt out our anthem" or something along those lines before it's played.

Over to you Mark ;)
Bare Ben

Postby marky » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:35 pm

I've never been a chanter/singer because I just don't do that in public (plus my singing voice is too high for the raucous stuff). I don't mind the positive stuff about OUR team, nor do I mind clean 'banter' with the opposing team's fans. What I object to is songs with swear words (when other words with suffice and have exactly the same meaning). I also object to offensive chants which for me are completely pointless. Asking an opposing 'keeper if they engage in anal sex isn't supporting your team. It adds nothing to an atmosphere and I'm pretty sure it doesn't spur our players on.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Bare Ben » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:39 pm

It's just for Tony Roberts and it certainly spurs him on, he'll be looking forward to hearing it and you know that.
Bare Ben

Postby marky » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:43 pm

Well if it spurs him on, then that's a very good reason not to do it ;) By the way, as one of the 'guests' last week I sat in the Main Stand for the first time. I'm not surprised nothing comes from up there - it was damned uncomfortable :lol:
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Bare Ben » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:49 pm

Fair point, It's already been said he's due a bad game against us and he'll want us to sing it. I don't want another "Neil Sullivan Moment" that we had pre-season. We gave him songs such as "Leeds reject" and "We hate Scotland". He turned to the North stand and said for all to hear "I've had some stick in my time but this is shit!" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bare Ben

Postby CASS » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:04 pm

As for being seranaded with a song about sticking things in the " Teatowel Holder" I think it's a bit old Hat and belongs in the recycle bin, along with "Don't go down the mine Dad, there's plenty of slack in your pants" and perhaps "She stood on the bridge @ Midnight" Mind you I am quite partial to a couple of paragraphs of "Three German Officers" ;)
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby HALMA 1983 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:38 pm

slackAlice wrote:
badger wrote:can anyone tell the fans what songs we will be singing on saturday?

'Abide with me' IF were 3-0 down at half time !

Only Joking = How about a raucous rendition of 'Bring me sunshine' for starters:

Bring me Sunshine, in your smile,
Bring me Laughter, all the while,
In this world where we live, there should be more happiness,
So much joy you can give, to each brand new bright tomorrow.

Make me happy, through the years,
Never bring me, any tears,
Let your arms be as warm as the sun from up above,
Bring me fun, bring me sunshine, bring me love

This stuffs ok if you're 40 odd and remember who sang it but for anyone under 20 it has little meaning and might be considered old fart music and not everyone liked Morecambe & Wise anyway :?
HALMA 1983

Postby morecambe mick » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:09 pm

badger wrote:can anyone tell the fans what songs we will be allowed to be singing on Saturday?

Sorry but your question needed re-phrasing.
morecambe mick

Postby slackAlice » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:24 pm

OLDHAMADE
This stuffs ok if you're 40 odd and remember who sang it but for anyone under 20 it has little meaning and might be considered old fart music and not everyone liked Morecambe & Wise anyway

Well I'm the wrong side of 40 , liked Morecambe & Wise and think 'Bring Me Sunshine' is a great 'Footy Song' and unique to Morecambe fans as far as I know. I wonder if a Koppite ever thought 'You'll never walk alone' was a bit old hat.

Maybe its time for the young uns to come up with something with more 'pace' ???? Maybe a RAP or something.

I don't think I've met anybody who doesn't like Morecambe & Wise - its like saying you don't like Laurel & Hardy ????
slackAlice

Postby Joel Ninety » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:29 pm

As mentioned, Tony Roberts expects it and seems to enjoy the banter. He's always up for entertaining the crowd so let him. Its his gimmick. He's probably a right boring bastard at home so let him have some fun.

And you know, you don't all have to run on the pitch and give him one.
Joel Ninety

Postby HALMA 1983 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:33 pm

slackAlice wrote:OLDHAMADE
This stuffs ok if you're 40 odd and remember who sang it but for anyone under 20 it has little meaning and might be considered old fart music and not everyone liked Morecambe & Wise anyway

Well I'm the wrong side of 40 , liked Morecambe & Wise and think 'Bring Me Sunshine' is a great 'Footy Song' and unique to Morecambe fans as far as I know. I wonder if a Koppite ever thought 'You'll never walk alone' was a bit old hat.

Maybe its time for the young uns to come up with something with more 'pace' ???? Maybe a RAP or something.

I don't think I've met anybody who doesn't like Morecambe & Wise - its like saying you don't like Laurel & Hardy ????

I liked Morecambe & Wise but I know others who didn't, Laurel & Hardy never did it for me but I did enjoy 'The Three Stooges' at the odeon every Saturday morning ;)

See we all have things we like and don't like.........................it's called an Opinion!
HALMA 1983

Postby CASS » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:38 pm

OLDHAMADE wrote:
This stuffs ok if you're 40 odd and remember who sang it but for anyone under 20 it has little meaning and might be considered old fart music and not everyone liked Morecambe & Wise anyway :?

You are kidding of course :?: There will be loads of young farts who have never heard of Billy Bigalow or seen Carousel yet they belt out Y.N.W.A. And at Eastlands many will never of heard
of Rogers and Hart yet they belt out Blue Moon. It's a great club song,a traditional song and this old fart bet's you cannot come up with anything better.
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby John L » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:08 pm

slackAlice wrote:
OLDHAMADE wrote:This stuffs ok if you're 40 odd and remember who sang it but for anyone under 20 it has little meaning and might be considered old fart music and not everyone liked Morecambe & Wise anyway

My thoughts exactly! YNWA is a great Liverpool anthem, and we should make BMS a Morecambe anthem. It sounds great when we all join in.... at the right tempo!

Dear God, NO!!!! Most football rap songs have been bloody awful!
John L

Postby Crooky MFC » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:23 pm

I'm one of around 6 or 7 mates which attend every home game at the top of the North Stand, and from now on i will be urging them all to sing their hearts out for the full 90 minutes. The team needs it's 12th man, it's been proven that it gives them a lift and that's what we need, especially when we are going through abit of bad form. So come on everyone, especially the younger fans(including myself) let's stop moaning about the lack of atmosphere and do something about it.

Come on you Shrimps !!! :D 3-0 to the Morecambe boys n Saturday, you heard it here first ;)
Crooky MFC

Postby Muzzer » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:04 pm

we should definatily give him the stick that he deserves, and that hes loking forward to :lol:

but this time at the end of the game i dont think we should throw crap to him, as last year i seem to remember that he turned and claped us, but we gave him two fingers, which spoiled the atmosphere. i think we should give him a little clap at the end of th match
I can win a game of connect four in three moves ;)
Muzzer

Previous

Return to General Discussion