Christie Park - the final act

Christie Park - the final act

Postby Posh » Sun May 23, 2010 10:07 pm

With Sainsburys taking ownership from tomorrow morning it was left to Rod Taylor to lock the Christie Park gates for the final time.

IMG_0370.jpg
IMG_0370.jpg (203.89 KiB) Viewed 906 times

I can confirm that the final goal was scored by Tony Pearson on his birthday. And I got the last injury after falling heavily on my wallet after a challenge of the edge of the box.

last match.jpg
last match.jpg (149.02 KiB) Viewed 903 times

Deighton, Freear and Pearson line up for a cross with the defence having left two days ago.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Re: Christie Park - the final act

Postby bigreddog » Sun May 23, 2010 11:11 pm

brilliant Michael. That must have been a very bitter sweet moment for Rod. I'm still feeling knackered from playing for god knows how long on thursday night/friday morning. I can confirm that from that kick about I get the award for last really crap airshot, but in my defence I was incredibly pissed.

the best part about it from my point of view was that fans, directors, staff and players were involved in that kick about, and that's what MFC is all about. It was the family just having an unplanned game of footy. I hope we can take that to the globe.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Re: Christie Park - the final act

Postby marky No.1 » Mon May 24, 2010 11:29 am

bigreddog wrote:brilliant Michael. That must have been a very bitter sweet moment for Rod. I'm still feeling knackered from playing for god knows how long on thursday night/friday morning. I can confirm that from that kick about I get the award for last really crap airshot, but in my defence I was incredibly pissed.

the best part about it from my point of view was that fans, directors, staff and players were involved in that kick about, and that's what MFC is all about. It was the family just having an unplanned game of footy. I hope we can take that to the globe.

We will but I don't think they would let us on the pitch next time! :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion