While we're being all gushy and emotional...

While we're being all gushy and emotional...

Postby Keith » Sun May 23, 2010 1:43 pm

Following on from David's reply in his thread...

DeeBee wrote:A wise man (or was it Aspers) once said that the friends that you make at football are different to any others. You go through so many shared emotions together it creates a very special bond. I began to realise a few years ago, like many others, that our club is very special indeed. From the Board, management, players, staff and fans we have a relationship and ethos that is admired and envied by more people than we could ever imagine. I was working in Ipswich the week after they played at CP and was told by a seasoned Ipswich supporter that their visit to Morecambe was the best away trip he had ever been on. “We’ve never been treated so well in any other place in the country” how many times have we heard that? One of the great things about that fantastic night on Thursday was that the TV cameras were there to witness our amazing supporters, as the sea fret magically rolled in, giving a standing ovation to the Daggers and mixing happily with their fans on the pitch. The Sky commentators seemed very surprised - we weren’t.

...I think it is worth stating clearly and unequivocally that this season the young guns really came of age. I know they've been around for a few seasons now but this season more than any, they have deservedly picked up the mantle of 'leading' Morecambe fans forwards, in the same spirit as those who have gone before, with a great attitude and in true 'don't let the football spoil your day' approach. Loud and enthusiastic, but with humour and grace. Some of them have needed a guiding hand from an older head in the past but now I think the older guys can look towards the younger blokes with pride, safe in the knowledge that our excellent reputation will be taken forwards... and eventually, in turn, handed on to another generation!

Cheers lads!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: While we're being all gushy and emotional...

Postby Caged Lion » Sun May 23, 2010 2:14 pm

Keith wrote:Following on from David's reply in his ...I think it is worth stating clearly and unequivocally that this season the young guns really came of age. I know they've been around for a few seasons now but this season more than any, they have deservedly picked up the mantle of 'leading' Morecambe fans forwards, in the same spirit as those who have gone before, with a great attitude and in true 'don't let the football spoil your day' approach. Loud and enthusiastic, but with humour and grace. Some of them have needed a guiding hand from an older head in the past but now I think the older guys can look towards the younger blokes with pride, safe in the knowledge that our excellent reputation will be taken forwards... and eventually, in turn, handed on to another generation!

Cheers lads!

Absolutely spot on. It seemed to coincide with the discussion about creating an 'Ultras' style group and taking up the Dale Cavesse. After a short while that has mushroomed to such an extent that even the Main Stanbys are on their feet and singing. Long may it continue at the Globe Arena. :D
Caged Lion

Postby Posh » Sun May 23, 2010 3:32 pm

The atmosphere and the attitude from our supporters has been utterly fantastic as we approached the end of the season. I listened to Quinny on the radio at Shrewsbury and all you could hear in the background was Morecambe fans singing with passion about the club and, of course, Dale Cavese etc. It never let up.

Best fans bar none and I think we can grow from here both in passion and numbers. Would like to give Accy and Stanley Ultras a run for their money when we meet next. Still got £70 in the kitty for banners etc.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Christie Top Cat » Sun May 23, 2010 3:41 pm

Well said Keith and Posh keep up the good work promoting an atmosphere any club would be proud of as an 'oldie' takes years off me
Christie Top Cat

Postby Caged Lion » Sun May 23, 2010 5:40 pm

Posh wrote:Best fans bar none and I think we can grow from here both in passion and numbers. Would like to give Accy and Stanley Ultras a run for their money when we meet next. Still got £70 in the kitty for banners etc.

We can easily outsing/outperform the Stanley Ultras either home or away next time around. To be fair it was a bit of obvious enthusiasm from Jase & Co on here that helped us along the way.

I am a fans fan and just love it when the young guns (and rusty old flintlocks) get going, Shrewsbury was stunning with the added beach party theme. Just like pie, peas nd gravy, the Shrimpettes, seeing Sammy get aggro with the 4th official, reading some argy bargy on the forum and feeling disappointed when some of the old guard like Twissy and Waynaldo leave...all part of the fantastic value-for-money football experience.

Oh yeah...I enjoy the game too.
Caged Lion

Postby shrimp<3 » Sun May 23, 2010 7:58 pm

I think that Morecambe fans are the best!!

Theyre always loud and keep singing all the way through the game.
They congratulate the other team if theyve done better etc.

Its gotta be said .. even if i am one of them .. that they are fab! It encourages the team as well because of the fantastic atmosphere that we always seem to make!! :D

Proud to be a fan!!
shrimp<3

Postby marky No.1 » Mon May 24, 2010 11:08 am

Keith wrote:...I think it is worth stating clearly and unequivocally that this season the young guns really came of age. I know they've been around for a few seasons now but this season more than any, they have deservedly picked up the mantle of 'leading' Morecambe fans forwards, in the same spirit as those who have gone before, with a great attitude and in true 'don't let the football spoil your day' approach. Loud and enthusiastic, but with humour and grace. Some of them have needed a guiding hand from an older head in the past but now I think the older guys can look towards the younger blokes with pride, safe in the knowledge that our excellent reputation will be taken forwards... and eventually, in turn, handed on to another generation!

Cheers lads!

dagenhamplayoff.jpg

They can be quite exciteable at times - this was before the match obviously! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SubR1R3KvKo
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion