Wayne Curtis

Re: Wayne Curtis

Postby Caged Lion » Sun May 23, 2010 2:02 pm

A real trooper to the end. I am so glad that he got a full game last Thursday. Every time that Wayne came on he gave 110%, never shirked a challenge and packed an impressive shot. Best of luck at Barrow.
Caged Lion

Postby Keith » Sun May 23, 2010 5:24 pm

everyone is presuming Barrow is a 'done deal'. There may be other Blue Square Premier clubs or even League 2 clubs interested?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Sammy h » Sun May 23, 2010 6:54 pm

Gutted for Wayne, maybe he wanted to go to Barrow? I think hes a decent centre forward, lets hope we sign Jevo and Mullin on or we will have none left.

With Henry, Scotty Fraser + Aaron all gone it's looking like a busy summer for Sammy Mac.
Sammy h

Postby George Dawes » Sun May 23, 2010 7:01 pm

Sammy h wrote:Gutted for Wayne, maybe he wanted to go to Barrow? I think hes a decent centre forward, lets hope we sign Jevo and Mullin on or we will have none left.

With Henry, Scotty Fraser + Aaron all gone it's looking like a busy summer for Sammy Mac.

huh where's it been said they've been released ?
George Dawes

Postby Preston Shrimp » Sun May 23, 2010 7:03 pm

if waynaldo has been released, im really sorry to hear the news.

Thanx for everything Wayne, good luck with future commitments
Preston Shrimp

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sun May 23, 2010 7:13 pm

Good point dawzi..i was wondering myself when the list of released players will be published - there will be 5 or 6 on there i would have thought
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Sun May 23, 2010 7:20 pm

yeah you never know there may be a few surprises in there

i hope we keep McStay he's got loads of ability some people seem to forget he had a very good spell in the 1st team at the start of last season and got injured just before xmass time and at the time people where saying that he was our player of the season so far
George Dawes

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun May 23, 2010 7:29 pm

Wayne has always had his detractors and those who have questioned his ability, even back in the conference days. I think what says a lot about Curtis is how he has stuck at it over the last ten years, he's not sulked when he's not been a starter or during periods spent out on loan, and he's always given his best when he has played. He's progressed with us as a team player, putting in individual effort to improve his all round game and the fitness levels required from that of a part-time player at a middling conference club, to those of a professional footballer at a club pushing to get into the third tier of the national game. That's all you can ask for, many have been unable to do this even over a much shorter period of time. Good luck to him in the next chapter of his career. I hope he can take great pride in his achievements at this football club. Bravo sir!
RedRedWine1

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun May 23, 2010 9:21 pm

DawZi wrote:
Sammy h wrote:Gutted for Wayne, maybe he wanted to go to Barrow? I think hes a decent centre forward, lets hope we sign Jevo and Mullin on or we will have none left.

huh where's it been said they've been released ?

^^^
just there :lol:
heysham_mfc

Postby Morecambe Player » Sun May 23, 2010 9:38 pm

Wayne's been a great servant to Morecambe and hopefully he will get his testimonial match. I'd also like to think that he'd play one last game for the Shrimps at the new stadium. Perhaps if he does go to Barrow, they can play here with Wayne playing one half for us and one half for his new team?
Morecambe Player

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed May 26, 2010 10:50 am

Dave Bayliss was on Radio Cumbria this morning saying that unless a major benefactor came in to Barrow FC pdq, he was 99 % certain that they would NOT be signing Wayne.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Christies Child » Wed May 26, 2010 5:05 pm

With Accy loosing one striker to Scunny and the other refusing to re-sign, it wouldn't surprise me if Wayno didn't figure in Coley's plans for next season.

Otherwise possibly Fleetwood of even P/T at Southport?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed May 26, 2010 6:52 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:Dave Bayliss was on Radio Cumbria this morning saying that unless a major benefactor came in to Barrow FC pdq, he was 99 % certain that they would NOT be signing Wayne.

Thought he would end up there to be honest but no doubt he will find a new L2 of Conference club soon.
heysham_mfc

Postby mellow » Wed May 26, 2010 8:26 pm

Christies Child wrote:With Accy loosing one striker to Scunny and the other refusing to re-sign, it wouldn't surprise me if Wayno didn't figure in Coley's plans for next season.

Otherwise possibly Fleetwood of even P/T at Southport?

The Southport jury says no.

We've got Daly, McNeil and Gray confirmed for next season and decisions to be made about Simm, Kilheeney and Booth.
mellow

Postby marky No.1 » Fri May 28, 2010 2:29 pm

Yep Wayne is too expensive for Barrow

http://nln24.com/news/story/curtis-out- ... rice-range
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Posh » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:17 pm

Wayne shocked at Morecambe departure.

http://www.nwemail.co.uk/afc/news/shock ... rPath=home
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Stanley Bowles » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:33 pm

Wouldnt it funny if Wayne signed for Accy and scored the winning goal at the Globe :lol: I have a vision that would be one hell of a thorn in the Shrimps side .I fear Wayne going was 1 minus in alot of plus points last season ;)
The dead don't have a choice - we do!
Stanley Bowles

Postby Stanley Bowles » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:54 pm

I hope we havent seen the last of our Wayne. :D
The dead don't have a choice - we do!
Stanley Bowles

Previous

Return to General Discussion