Paul Mullin?

Paul Mullin?

Postby chrise27007mk2 » Sat May 22, 2010 11:06 pm

Just heard the news about Wayne, and I'm absolutely gutted. Distraught to be quote honest. If there was a striker that needed to be offloaded i thought it would have to be Paul Mullin. Yes he is good in the air and the holds the ball up well (sometimes) but for me he is just not upto it. Sometimes yes; he puts a good shift in. What really annoys me is how much sammy rates him.. playing him upfront on his own against dagenham?? Why not Wayne? I'm sure Wayne would of posed more of a threat. Did we pay money for this guy or it a free transfer? Also when we don't have the ball it always seems to be jevons dropping in and mullin playing on the last man, I've seen it countless times this season where mullin had been running onto a loose ball and the defender has beaten him too it ( who has run double the distance). Shoudnt it be the other way round?
chrise27007mk2

Re: Paul Mullin?

Postby Stanley Bowles » Sat May 22, 2010 11:29 pm

Its the clubs decission as a lot of loyal fans we gutted that the boy Wayne is going, but i feel Mullen puts it about and is a strong force within the team . He may be are marmite and at one time he was are thorn in are side please get behind him and everyone of Sammys boys and his ways. We are only going one way and that is up :D :D :D
The dead don't have a choice - we do!
Stanley Bowles

Postby George Dawes » Sun May 23, 2010 1:42 am

chrise27007mk2 wrote:Just heard the news about Wayne, and I'm absolutely gutted. Distraught to be quote honest. If there was a striker that needed to be offloaded i thought it would have to be Paul Mullin. Yes he is good in the air and the holds the ball up well (sometimes) but for me he is just not upto it. Sometimes yes; he puts a good shift in. What really annoys me is how much sammy rates him.. playing him upfront on his own against dagenham?? Why not Wayne? I'm sure Wayne would of posed more of a threat. Did we pay money for this guy or it a free transfer? Also when we don't have the ball it always seems to be jevons dropping in and mullin playing on the last man, I've seen it countless times this season where mullin had been running onto a loose ball and the defender has beaten him too it ( who has run double the distance). Shoudnt it be the other way round?

i know what your saying but there's a hell of a lot of fans on here who tend to bury there heads in the sand and be in denial when it comes to team selections & tactics

although id have Mullin in the squad as a impact sub to break a defences down anytime, id still have liked Curtis to have had a chance as a center forward in L2
George Dawes

Postby Little Shrimp » Sun May 23, 2010 8:20 am

chrise27007mk2 wrote:Just heard the news about Wayne, and I'm absolutely gutted. Distraught to be quote honest. If there was a striker that needed to be offloaded i thought it would have to be Paul Mullin. Yes he is good in the air and the holds the ball up well (sometimes) but for me he is just not upto it. Sometimes yes; he puts a good shift in. What really annoys me is how much sammy rates him.. playing him upfront on his own against dagenham?? Why not Wayne? I'm sure Wayne would of posed more of a threat. Did we pay money for this guy or it a free transfer? Also when we don't have the ball it always seems to be jevons dropping in and mullin playing on the last man, I've seen it countless times this season where mullin had been running onto a loose ball and the defender has beaten him too it ( who has run double the distance). Shoudnt it be the other way round?

I don't think Mullin or Curtis should be released. Taylor should be. Curtis is quite skillful,holds the ball up well, he's strong and he's got a bloody powerful shot. Mullin is almost always guaranteed to win aerial challenges and he holds the ball up well. Taylor has non of these attributes; he's simply not good enough for league football.
Little Shrimp

Postby paulshrimp » Sun May 23, 2010 12:03 pm

A lot of people have a down on Taylor without having a chance to see how he plays in League 2.
paulshrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun May 23, 2010 12:12 pm

any news on Jevons thought he was signing a contract with us
heysham_mfc

Postby Morecambe Player » Sun May 23, 2010 12:16 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:any news on Jevons thought he was signing a contract with us

As I understand it, he is, when his contract with Huddersfield expires, which I think will be June 30th
Morecambe Player

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun May 23, 2010 12:17 pm

Morecambe Player wrote:
heysham_mfc wrote:any news on Jevons thought he was signing a contract with us

As I understand it, he is, when his contract with Huddersfield expires, which I think will be June 30th

ah thanks for that was a bit worried he might be thinking through his options
heysham_mfc

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sun May 23, 2010 1:28 pm

Jevons can still sign for someone else before end of june but hope he comes here as he is quality
Blackpool Shrimp

Return to General Discussion