please give us a mini tour of scotland

please give us a mini tour of scotland

Postby Stanley Bowles » Sun May 23, 2010 12:35 am

As our ground i fear wont be ready untill the 1st league game ,wouldnt it be nice to plan our hols round the Scotish Highlands . Maybe play Huntly at the other Christie Park in respect for ours :D :D :D
The dead don't have a choice - we do!
Stanley Bowles

Re: please give us a mini tour of scotland

Postby Andy » Sun May 23, 2010 12:45 am

or come down to Kent and play 2 old foes in Margate and Dover ? would love that ! add Ramsgate, the team could sample the Continental air, and thus be prepared for the new season :shock:
Back on the spanners
Andy

Postby Stanley Bowles » Sun May 23, 2010 12:53 am

Andy wrote:or come down to Kent and play 2 old foes in Margate and Dover ? would love that ! add Ramsgate, the team could sample the Continental air, and thus be prepared for the new season :shock:

Went to both last time ,dam fine time was had by all Fatty Towers relived :D
The dead don't have a choice - we do!
Stanley Bowles

Postby Keith » Sun May 23, 2010 8:31 am

I've said before that a pre-season tour would be a good 'bonding' session and if planned early enough, fans could take their holidays then. Having a pre-season friendly played at Christie Park would be cool!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Morecambe Player » Sun May 23, 2010 9:10 am

Do they still have the IOM festival Keith?
Morecambe Player

Postby Mark S » Sun May 23, 2010 9:32 am

Stanley Bowles wrote: Maybe play Huntly at the other Christie Park in respect for ours :D :D :D

It is the only Christie Park now. :cry:
Mark S

Postby Ntini » Sun May 23, 2010 9:37 am

I'd love a pre-season tour across the Border as I'm already half way there!!!

It would be great, though, and a lot more feasible now we're a more established League club.
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby Keith » Sun May 23, 2010 10:00 am

Morecambe Player wrote:Do they still have the IOM festival Keith?

No, sadly it died a death after the FA insisted that a Burnley player who'd been given a straight red card, would miss the first three matches of the season. I *think* they've changed the ruling on red cards in friendlies now (not sure) but the 'big teams' all pulled out.

Morecambe applied to go one season but were told 'we weren't big enough' as a Conference club, but they then invited Carlisle. I spoke to the Minister for Tourism and said it was stupid, it was about the numbers who would come and the Morecambe area was ideal for attracting visitors. He was furious and said he'd be looking in to it to find out who'd made such a dumb decision!

Shame, it was a good tournament for many years.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun May 23, 2010 12:21 pm

would love to play at Christie Park :)
heysham_mfc

Postby Bare shrimp » Sun May 23, 2010 3:11 pm

I think a pre season tour to somewhere like scotland or ireland would be great :) and im sure a resaonable number of people would follow the team
Bare shrimp

Postby Keith » Sun May 23, 2010 5:20 pm

we were talking about taking a holiday in the British Isles, so tying it in with football would swing the deal! 8-)

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Preston Shrimp » Sun May 23, 2010 7:07 pm

Keith wrote:
Morecambe Player wrote:Do they still have the IOM festival Keith?

No, sadly it died a death after the FA insisted that a Burnley player who'd been given a straight red card, would miss the first three matches of the season. I *think* they've changed the ruling on red cards in friendlies now (not sure) but the 'big teams' all pulled out.

Morecambe applied to go one season but were told 'we weren't big enough' as a Conference club, but they then invited Carlisle. I spoke to the Minister for Tourism and said it was stupid, it was about the numbers who would come and the Morecambe area was ideal for attracting visitors. He was furious and said he'd be looking in to it to find out who'd made such a dumb decision!

Shame, it was a good tournament for many years.

I went to the I.O.M tournament in summer 1996 to watch PNE with my dad when i was 7. mad times!!
Preston Shrimp

Postby Keith » Sun May 23, 2010 10:40 pm

Preston Shrimp wrote:I went to the I.O.M tournament in summer 1996 to watch PNE with my dad when i was 7. mad times!!

There's a pub here called the Rovers Return, owned, not by a Coronation Street fan but by a Blackburn fan. If Burnley were playing in tournament, he'd remove all his Blackburn memorabilia. One year though, it got out that it was actually a Rovers shrine. The following year, he feared the worst, knowing that the Burnley fans 'knew'...

The tournament passed without any trouble, so it was with relief that he went in to the pub on the Monday morning without anything out of place...

Then he went to the toilet...

Where previously the tiles in the toilet were a checker pattern of 'Blackburn Blue' & white, now they were all claret & blue! The Burnley lads had planned their 'attack' and had apparently taken a stencil and spray paint to turn the toilets in to Burnley colours (toilet? Burnley? Appropriate enough this season...) Anyway, he thought it was excellent because some thought had gone in to the event!

The tournament started to die a death when it went from a week to a long weekend.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby USA Shrimp » Mon May 24, 2010 1:22 am

Nah... MFC should come and tour the USA. MLS is about League 2 standard based on what I have seen both ont' telly and in person as a season ticket holder of the brand new Philadelphia Union.
USA Shrimp

Postby thegentlegiant » Mon May 24, 2010 7:26 am

Agreed, I said last season a tour would be great and it would certainly help the team to bond!
thegentlegiant

Return to General Discussion