Shrimpsscene Volume 2 number 2

Shrimpsscene Volume 2 number 2

Postby Shrimpsscene » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:10 am

If you have anything you would like ot see in the match programme or would like to contribute anyone with news, stories, pictures match reports please send them to usual email address
seanoconnor@morecambefc.com for inclusion in this saturdays programme v Dagenham and Redbridge by wednesday 500pm if you can

Volume 2 featuring interviews with Neil Wainwright Jim Bentley Andrew Parrish and the thoughts from the gaffer on the start to the season,Quinny and Matt's views and much much more
Priced £3.00 for 68 pages packed with photos and articles

Thanks Sean

Programme Editor
Shrimpsscene

Re: Shrimpsscene Volume 2 number 2

Postby PottedShrimp » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:09 pm

So why the 20% price rise?? :o Wycombe and Bury are at £2.50 this season I see and our programme is no better than theirs. I've always bought a programme, but am beginning to have my doubts....
Squillae parvae sed fortes
PottedShrimp

Postby Paul Mac » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:14 pm

PottedShrimp wrote:So why the 20% price rise?? :o Wycombe and Bury are at £2.50 this season I see and our programme is no better than theirs. I've always bought a programme, but am beginning to have my doubts....

I've got a spare 10 bob you can have. :roll:

Keep up the good work Sean. Worth every penny.
Beidh ár lá linn
Paul Mac

Postby Christies Child » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:35 pm

PottedShrimp wrote:So why the 20% price rise?? :o Wycombe and Bury are at £2.50 this season I see and our programme is no better than theirs. I've always bought a programme, but am beginning to have my doubts....

Not trying to defend Ockers but we've got to make a wee profit surely.

The cost of paper has increased well over 20% in the last 12 months, never mind the cost of transport and other essentials to print the programme. It's also bigger in size.

EXCELLENT value for money.

As for Wycombe and Bury programmes, it's up to them what they charge.

What I would say however on a different subject is that our catering is a lot better and cheaper, so it's swings and roundabouts AND you don't get frisked at CP like a number of us did on Saturday.

Bloody insult as far as this 58 year old was concerned.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Mighty Red » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:40 pm

It's the frisker I feel sorry for.
Mighty Red

Postby durianmuncher » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:52 pm

I disagree with the above comment from the potted shrimp as I think it's an excellent programme and great value. It's packed full of interesting articles, stats, interviews and photos and absolutely loads of effort obviously goes into it. It's well worth getting to CP very early just to enjoy the read and it's a great way to build up to the match.
durianmuncher

Postby Christies Child » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:56 pm

Mighty Red wrote:It's the frisker I feel sorry for.

I would have quite enjoyed it, had she been attractive.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Christies Child

Postby Shrimpsscene » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:58 pm

The price has increased but we have to cover costs and make a small profit if we can.
I'm sorry it seems a hike but we have always been conscious to keep the price down which we have in the past and as an editor I'm trying to design it in th eway it gives real value fo rmoney. I'm always welcoming new articles features and people who want to help so i welcome any ideas suggestions and constructive criticism.

Our club sponsors and advertisers help greatly so we can continue to produce I think one of the best programmes in this league. That is thanks to many people who are involved and a brilliant printing company and graphic designer.

Keep buying it if you can i dont need to tell you how that helps the clubs coffers.

Ive got copies of the Wycombe and Bury programmes
Whilst very good, Bury's is loaded with ads and Wycombe's has a good corporate feel to it
Forest programme was excellent

cheers sean
Last edited by Shrimpsscene on Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shrimpsscene

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:17 pm

I think the new look program looks good and is good value for money
heysham_mfc

Postby Shrimpsscene » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:35 pm

thanks for the positive comments from everyone theyre very much appreciated
cheers Sean
Shrimpsscene

Postby slackAlice » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:04 pm

Being a Footy programme collector I come at this from a different angle I suppose. To me the Match programme is a 'must buy' and being in possession of hundreds of programmes from various seasons ,most clubs the Morecambe 'shrimpscene' is an excellent programme and a good read. I'm not just saying that to make anybody feel good - it is.

The value for money thing is a good point and I think your 'average' fan probably only reads 3 or 4 pages of the programme -'Todays Squads' ; the 'Stats page results / fixtures' and 'Managers notes' - and £3 will seem a bit steep.

Most match programmes contain a lot od AD's now - I did like the 'Enjoy the Match' thing in the Rotherham programme "What a ******* goal" screamed Johnny's dad..... [page 60]. The 'Fans Guide' to the next away game is excellent - but for me I read most of it and like Sean says a proportion of it goes to the club.

The other big thing for me with your match programme is the 'memento' element , I can look back at programmes from 5, 10, 15 seasons ago and remember the game , result , the 'day' itself.

So keep up the good work Sean.
slackAlice

Postby bigreddog » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:20 pm

Alice you're absolutely bang on. It's not so much the programme it's more that many months or years later we can look back and remember the game, the occassion. It's memories on paper. It's our history every other saturday, we just don't appreciate as much as we should. Only you get it. the programme, the match, the day and us. we're all part of history and that's what makes football special. It's the Highlander moment. you can't explain it, it just is.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby marky » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:35 pm

Sean, the programme was, overall, pretty good but does anyone proof read it? I only ask because there were a number of errors, both spelling and grammatical, in the Rotherham one.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Shrimpsscene » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:09 am

marky wrote:Sean, the programme was, overall, pretty good but does anyone proof read it? I only ask because there were a number of errors, both spelling and grammatical, in the Rotherham one.

i could do with a sub editor or two if youre volunteering? :D
will go throught it all as carefully as i can and try and stamp out the errors
its also down to individuals to send copy in that doesnt require editing
i spotted errors
quite a few in fact
hopefully saturdays will be better in that area
thanks for the feedback
Shrimpsscene

Postby marky » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:21 am

Much as I'd love to volunteer on that front, I'm not sure how it would work with me being on the other side of the country ;)
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Christies Child » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:46 am

Shrimpsscene wrote:
marky wrote:Sean, the programme was, overall, pretty good but does anyone proof read it? I only ask because there were a number of errors, both spelling and grammatical, in the Rotherham one.

i could do with a sub editor or two if youre volunteering? :D
will go throught it all as carefully as i can and try and stamp out the errors
its also down to individuals to send copy in that doesnt require editing
i spotted errors
quite a few in fact
hopefully saturdays will be better in that area
thanks for the feedback

With me now working from home a lot of the time, I'm sure I could spare a few hours a week to help out.....

Promise not to put a CC perspective on anything unless it's from my 'favourite' poster that is....??????

Get in touch Sean.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Christies Child

Postby slackAlice » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:27 am

I'd be more than happy to help out Sean with 'something' ; although I can't think 'what ?' at the moment. But I'll give it some thought and if you have something in mind just let me know.
Meanwhile I've got some Yarkshire rock belonging you - in exchange that is for a Bury Vs Morecambe programme :lol: Hopefully I'll bump into you Saturday :)
slackAlice

Postby bunny » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:35 am

Not sure if have it on but a fans sections pictures of us with a little bit of writing. just a idea not very good one.
bunny

Postby Shrimpsscene » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:32 pm

bunny wrote:Not sure if have it on but a fans sections pictures of us with a little bit of writing. just a idea not very good one.

will be doing this bunny
i think ill get some qustionnaires which we can put on the website and start getting some fans profiles done i can use them in the match programme
watch this space
Shrimpsscene

Postby MikeB » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:17 pm

The programme is top notch as always. Well done Sean. I know it takes a heck of lot of work and it involves meeting all important print deadlines, chasing copy etc. It can be quite stressful at times.

I really don't think many supporters have any idea what it takes to edit such a programme and just how time consuming it is.

For instance I have three programmes in various stages of completion on the go at the moment and I know that Sean has had two.

I have exactly the same problems at my club. But then, we wouldn't be editor if we didn't enjoy it would we?! I've edited programmes for the past 26 years (not all at one club) ... no wonder I'm grey and knackered.

Keep going Sean!
MikeB

Postby Shrimpsscene » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:25 pm

thanks mike barry and all
ill be in touch
thanks for the kind words
barry looking forward to the piec eof rock and have the gigg issue fo ryou mate!!
see you all saturday
mike dont work too hard!!
Shrimpsscene

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:34 pm

just an idea why not have a 'fan of the week' like the player interviews with questions like how long been a Morecambe supporter what was your first game etc.
heysham_mfc

Postby Shrimpsscene » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:08 pm

Shrimpsscene

Postby Phoenix » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:09 am

our catering is a lot better and cheaper

You haven't tested our away end catering then, have you? £3.50 for a rubber burger and slice of processed cheese on a cold and recently defrosted bun. Apologies of those aren't the actual ingredients but that's just what they tasted like.
Phoenix

Postby morecambe mick » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:54 am

Phoenix wrote:
our catering is a lot better and cheaper

You haven't tested our away end catering then, have you? £3.50 for a rubber burger and slice of processed cheese on a cold and recently defrosted bun. Apologies of those aren't the actual ingredients but that's just what they tasted like.

If that is true, then it is not acceptable.
morecambe mick

Next

Return to General Discussion