you pick the team

you pick the team

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:42 pm

as everyone at the mo seems to disagree with the team Sammy is picking who would you pick in the team I would bring Stanners in and give Micky a chance in defence
heysham_mfc

Re: you pick the team

Postby SkinnyShrimp » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:32 pm

Roche

Yates Artell Bentley Adams

Twiss Stanley Drummond Wainwright

O’Carroll

Howe

Subs

McStay
Blinkhorn
Hunter

Debate?

I'm not entirely sure Wainwright could play left side but surely the very least Sammy should be thinking is partnering Howe & O’Carroll and sorting out the midfield - we were run ragged by a decent Forrest side but those gaps appeared again against an average Bury side - we cannot allow the opposition to run at our back four from the midfield - they can't cope with pace and clever balls on the deck - in the air yes we can manage (apart form the odd corner!) but on the deck we lack pace - in the middle and out wide.

I'm not having a pop - yet! - but it was soooooo painfully obvious after 60 minutes we needed a change on Saturday and then............Sammy brings on Drummond??!?? - Whilst I think Drummond is a good, solid player in all honesty who thought he would turn the game for us? - I certainly didn’t and then to bring O’Carroll on with so little time left made no sense at all - why bother - if he's not fit then don't play him - don't wind everyone up by bringing him on for 3 minutes - what is the point??

Were in the league and I'm loving it but we raised the bar last season and whilst this season was always going to be difficult I for one will back the lads all the way but I would like to see Sammy use his resources better - we had absolutely nothing to lose with 30 mins to go as we were 2-1 down and they looked like they had run out of ideas - had we taken the initiate and made two positive changes early enough I feel we could have earned a point at least?

early days but we must improve and snap out of this poor run - how long is it since we won a competitive game?
SkinnyShrimp

Postby parkyboy » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:28 pm

So skinny shrimp if as you say we are constantly being outpaced at the back why have Adams as your left back when Howard could leave him standing over any distance
parkyboy

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:21 pm

INTERESTING POST.....

IF YOU HAD NAMED YOUR OTHER 9 PLAYERS

MY 11 WOULD BE

ROACH
MCSTAY
BENTLEY
ARTELL
ADAMS
WAINWRIGHT
DRUMMOND
STANLEY
CURTIS
TWISS
HOWE

BENCH DAVIS, HUNTER O CARROLL Mc CANN BLINKHORN TAYLOR
PUNKISDEAD

Postby bigreddog » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:46 pm

The manager picks the team. if you want me to do it on saturday then fine. But I suspect you really don't want me to.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby SkinnyShrimp » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:42 am

Parkyboy - I don't think Danny Adams is the long term answer but despite his recent form he is still a good solid defender at this level - was he not player of season last season?
My comments about being outpaced at the back stem from the fact there is too much space in midfield and we are not closing the opposition down quick enough. This allows runners to come on to us and from the two games I have seen this season (Forrest & Bury) this has been our undoing - Forrest did it much better than Bury but it is clear we are not competing in the middle.
The back four are no world beaters but solid enough and served us well last year - I also think Howe & O'Carroll look interesting up front but the biggest problem IMHO is the midfield - we don't look strong enough and having lost the creativity of Baker we might stuggle with creativity - hence my choice would be to bring Stanners & Twiss back in but I don't know what is going on and whether they are unfit or out of favour but I just want to see the team start picking up points so we keep up the momentum of the last few years and keep the all important gate numbers up.

Do you really think Howard could do a better job at left back? - I'm not so sure but would happily eat my words if he did and we got 3 points! :D
SkinnyShrimp

Postby parkyboy » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:35 am

SKINNY SHRIMP Iagree with your last post wholeheartidly but as i said in last post i want Howard in the side .Danny may have been player of the season in last season but i am sorry he is not playing or looking anything like it at present. But heres hoping for the 1st win of the season on Saturday
parkyboy

Postby DYN6MITE66 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:45 am

Danny Adams should be in everyones team, he is the best player Morecambe FC have, thats why he gets all the awards. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i wonder. :lol: :lol: :lol:
DYN6MITE66

Postby shrimper » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:42 am

I think Sammy may pick an unchanged team.
Carr didn't play well on Saturday but unless he gets games at this level he's not going to improve and if the manager thinks he's going to be good enough then he'll show faith and let him get the Football League experience.
I would also like to see O'Carroll given a start but I think Sammy would have started him by now if he was going to pick him as first choice striker.
(Unless his injury was a real issue previously and, now he's fully fit, Sam just wanted to give Blinks another go at Bury).
I thought McCann did well enough to get another chance and probably will.

All of that presupposes, of course, that we don't make any signings.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:51 am

I would LIKE to see this line up. (not trying to be a manager or citicism for Sammy) just what I would like to see:

Roache
Parrish Bentley Mcstay Howard

Wainwright Drummond Hunter Curtis

O'Carroll
Howe

Subs: Davies, Blinks, Stanley, Artell, Yates, Twiss
North Stand Shrimp

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:05 pm

North Stand Shrimp wrote:I would LIKE to see this line up. (not trying to be a manager or citicism for Sammy) just what I would like to see:

Roache
Parrish Bentley Mcstay Howard

Wainwright Drummond Hunter Curtis

O'Carroll
Howe

Subs: Davies, Blinks, Stanley, Artell, Yates, Twiss

Pretty much agree although I would have Yates in for Parish.

We have to do something with the midfield get someone in there who can organise it and the only person I think that can do it is Drummond.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby marky » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:10 pm

Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby morecambe mick » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:39 pm

marky wrote:Image

Don't normally join in with this debate as its solely the managers domain, picking the team.

that team though is pretty close to the one I'd like to see start, with maybe Stanners on the bench as an extra mid-field enforcer, and Twiss up front with either O'Carroll or Howe.

Twiss' skill and vision is Normanesque, can make a good striker into an excellent striker, as in the John Norman/Justin Jackson partnership of yesteryear.

Of course just what I'd like to see, not a criticism of the team selection by Sammy. (Shit, what do I know?)
morecambe mick

Postby marky » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:49 pm

The reason I haven't included Twiss or Stanley is that reports suggest Twiss just doesn't look interested/has lost all confidence and I've given up any hope on Stanley ever playing. I never thought I'd have Curtis as first choice but we just don't have any other option on that left-hand side.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Dids » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:27 pm

-------------------------Roche-------------------------

-------Yates-----Bentley--------Artell-----Howard-------

----Wainwright---Hunter------McLachlan---Curtis--------

------------------Howe------O'Carroll-------------------

Subs: Davies, Artell, Stanley, Carr, Blinkhorn
Dids

Postby shrimper » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:48 pm

Is Stanners fit enough to be on the bench?

I think Blinks played well enough at Bury and the effort was certainly there but I, too, would like to see O'Carroll given a try as a starter, Dids. I think partnering him with Howe would offer us something different up front and give their defenders a bit more to think about. It would also discourage the long ball game.

I can't see Sammy reverting to your central midfield pairing though.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:59 pm

shrimper wrote:Is Stanners fit enough to be on the bench?

I think Blinks played well enough at Bury and the effort was certainly there but I, too, would like to see O'Carroll given a try as a starter, Dids. I think partnering him with Howe would offer us something different up front and give their defenders a bit more to think about. It would also discourage the long ball game.

I can't see Sammy reverting to your central midfield pairing though.
I hope not.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Return to General Discussion