End of Era Auction on Saturday

End of Era Auction on Saturday

Postby quinny » Fri May 21, 2010 8:15 pm

Just a reminder that the End of Era acution takes place at Christie Park on Saturday.
There will be a sale of turf from the Christie Park pitch starting at 9am. Viewing for the other goods sarts at 11am with the sale early in the afternoon.
Might be worth a look.
quinny

Re: End of Era Auction on Saturday

Postby shrimpnsave » Fri May 21, 2010 8:17 pm

quinny wrote:Just a reminder that the End of Era acution takes place at Christie Park on Saturday.
There will be a sale of turf from the Christie Park pitch starting at 9am. Viewing for the other goods sarts at 11am with the sale early in the afternoon.
Might be worth a look.

in need of a fridge/freezer...can you help :?: :lol: :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Christies Child » Sat May 22, 2010 7:39 am

Any chance that I can put a telephone bid in for the 'Manager' sign that appeared on Sammy's office door.... :?: :?: :?:

The closest I'll ever get to that position i think!

:( :( :(

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby parceldave » Sat May 22, 2010 8:26 am

Christies Child wrote:Any chance that I can put a telephone bid in for the 'Manager' sign that appeared on Sammy's office door.... :?: :?: :?:

You never know CC, you could still make manager at Christie even though it might only be the Bakery Manager, Frozen Food Manager, Clothing Manager , Meat or even better Wet Fish Manager , then you can watch and talk to the Shrimps all day . :lol: :lol: :lol:
parceldave

Postby Christies Child » Sat May 22, 2010 8:34 am

parceldave wrote:
Christies Child wrote:Any chance that I can put a telephone bid in for the 'Manager' sign that appeared on Sammy's office door.... :?: :?: :?:

You never know CC, you could still make manager at Christie even though it might only be the Bakery Manager, Frozen Food Manager, Clothing Manager , Meat or even better Wet Fish Manager , then you can watch and talk to the Shrimps all day . :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't fancy any of the above...hows about 'Information' Manager then I could spout 'bullshit' in an official capacity.... :?: :?: :?:

;)
Christies Child

Postby parceldave » Sat May 22, 2010 8:41 am

Christies Child wrote:
parceldave wrote:

Don't fancy any of the above...hows about 'Information' Manager then I could spout 'bullshit' in an official capacity.... :?: :?: :?:

;)

Well you certainly have the qualifications and im sure you would have an abundance of glowing references from your fellow S.V. members . :lol: :lol: :lol:
parceldave

Postby captain sparkle » Sat May 22, 2010 9:03 am

quinny wrote:There will be a sale of turf from the Christie Park pitch starting at 9am.
Might be worth a look.

Thanks quinny, 3 rolls purchased and sat in the back garden awaiting deployment!

JUST GIVING/CAPTAIN SPARKLE
Last edited by captain sparkle on Mon May 24, 2010 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
PYROMANIACS OF THE WORLD IGNITE!
Over 3.7 million hits on YouToob! Subscribers needed! full & part time! apply now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeOzzTpVT3A
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeFlLgCS-jBXwnXTtT8vJBReNXSYuphoM
captain sparkle

Postby Christies Child » Sat May 22, 2010 9:09 am

You never know CC, you could still make manager at Christie even though it might only be the Bakery Manager, Frozen Food Manager, Clothing Manager , Meat or even better Wet Fish Manager , then you can watch and talk to the Shrimps all day . :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

;)[/quote]
Well you certainly have the qualifications and im sure you would have an abundance of glowing references from your fellow S.V. members . :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Glowing references.... :?: :?: :?: :o :o :o ....Some things are just not worth the paper they are written on.
Christies Child

Postby bill ding » Sat May 22, 2010 9:12 am

Christies Child wrote:You never know CC, you could still make manager at Christie even though it might only be the Bakery Manager, Frozen Food Manager, Clothing Manager , Meat or even better Wet Fish Manager , then you can watch and talk to the Shrimps all day . :lol: :lol: :lol:

;)[/quote]
Well you certainly have the qualifications and im sure you would have an abundance of glowing references from your fellow S.V. members . :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Glowing references.... :?: :?: :?: :o :o :o ....Some things are just not worth the paper
they are written on.[/quote]

How about "water" sprinkler manager, your knowledge of H2O makes it the perfect job :)
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby marky No.1 » Sat May 22, 2010 1:07 pm

North stand sign just gone for $70
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby morecambe mick » Sat May 22, 2010 1:58 pm

marky No.1 wrote:North stand sign just gone for $70

That must be Richard then!! :lol:
morecambe mick

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Sun May 23, 2010 9:50 am

What sort of prices did the stuff go for anyone?
Blackburn shrimp

Postby Posh » Sun May 23, 2010 10:17 am

Blackburn shrimp wrote:What sort of prices did the stuff go for anyone?

Some of it for next to nothing. Three boxes of match videos and DVDs for £5, a load of old photos and programmes for £5, the manager's desk for £10, a Rotherham shirt from this season for £10 (eBay here we come surely) and good ol' Carlisle Paul (Stanley Bowles) bought the three giant flagpoles at the corner entrance to CP for £10.

As for the other items I'm intrigued to see where they'll turn up.

What's on the menu for dinner tonight at our house I wonder?

Pies.jpg
Pies.jpg (283.99 KiB) Viewed 726 times
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Morecambe Player » Sun May 23, 2010 10:24 am

There were some items of kit also sold. 2008/9 Drummond and Curtis shirts did ok. A lad picked up Mark Lills tracksuit for I think a fiver or a tenner, but Sammy Mac's training top with "SMc" on was STOLEN prior to the auction. It was whipped from the viewing table in the Bells Bar apparently.

I think this is daft. Because if anyone turns up wearing it, then they'll surely face being arrested, and if it turns up on eBay, well, same goes I would think. Fancy stealing something so identifiable?

If the person who took it reads this (and I don't suppose they would, because all SVers are decent folk) or they know someone who has it, I'm sure the club would receive it back on a no questions asked basis, or they would accept a donation by way of recompense...
Morecambe Player

Postby Christies Child » Sun May 23, 2010 10:54 am

Morecambe Player wrote:There were some items of kit also sold. 2008/9 Drummond and Curtis shirts did ok. A lad picked up Mark Lills tracksuit for I think a fiver or a tenner, but Sammy Mac's training top with "SMc" on was STOLEN prior to the auction. It was whipped from the viewing table in the Bells Bar apparently.

I think this is daft. Because if anyone turns up wearing it, then they'll surely face being arrested, and if it turns up on eBay, well, same goes I would think. Fancy stealing something so identifiable?

If the person who took it reads this (and I don't suppose they would, because all SVers are decent folk) or they know someone who has it, I'm sure the club would receive it back on a no questions asked basis, or they would accept a donation by way of recompense...

....and no doubt he or she is chuffed to bits.

Call themselves a Shrimps supporter?

More like 'bloody moron'......whose only pleasure out of it will be going to bed in it :evil: :evil: :evil:

I challenge you to return it....
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Sun May 23, 2010 11:36 am

Posh wrote:
Blackburn shrimp wrote:What sort of prices did the stuff go for anyone?

Some of it for next to nothing. Three boxes of match videos and DVDs for £5, a load of old photos and programmes for £5, the manager's desk for £10, a Rotherham shirt from this season for £10 (eBay here we come surely) and good ol' Carlisle Paul (Stanley Bowles) bought the three giant flagpoles at the corner entrance to CP for £10.

As for the other items I'm intrigued to see where they'll turn up.

What's on the menu for dinner tonight at our house I wonder?

Pies.jpg

Yeah the £10 for the desk included delivery!! Paul got the flagpoles for a fiver! :o
marky No.1

Postby marky No.1 » Sun May 23, 2010 11:38 am

morecambe mick wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:North stand sign just gone for $70

That must be Richard then!! :lol:

I think you will find it taking pride of place in the York, Mick 8-)
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Sun May 23, 2010 12:11 pm

I hope some of it, such as the photos from JB's, have gone to the new ground? Need some connections between the new place and our heritage. Hope the door is going to the Globe too!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky No.1 » Sun May 23, 2010 12:36 pm

You would have had to go over £50 to get it! ;)
marky No.1

Postby marky No.1 » Sun May 23, 2010 12:38 pm

Keith wrote:I hope some of it, such as the photos from JB's, have gone to the new ground? Need some connections between the new place and our heritage. Hope the door is going to the Globe too!

No. The photos and the door were sold. 8-)

Even the Morecambe/Wembley Team Bus sign went under the hammer _ and a bargain it was too.
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion