Postby marky No.1 » Fri May 21, 2010 11:44 am

Quite like these, they say a lot about the End of an Era
pa-photos_t_morecambe-dagenham-redbridge-playoffs-league-two-photos-2105ab.jpg

pa-photos_t_morecambe-dagenham-redbridge-playoffs-league-two-photos-2105s.jpg
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: Christie Park pics

Postby Dagenhamfan » Fri May 21, 2010 2:21 pm

That kid on Robbo's back sums up what we each stand for. That someone so young can give us that respect after being knocked out of the play offs by us is immense.

I wish we were meeting in the final. No disrespect at all to Rotherham, but i still wish it were you guys.
Dagenhamfan

Postby RedRedWine1 » Fri May 21, 2010 2:40 pm

I hate to sound like a killjoy, but don't misconstrue these photographs of the pitch invasion before the lap of honour as being anything other than a "lets get on tv, where is the camera" type attitude displayed by youth and a few adults who should have known better. I'm just glad that they eventually got off, and allowed the players to walk round before they all went back on again.

A great send off all the same.
RedRedWine1

Postby Dazzer » Fri May 21, 2010 2:41 pm

I love that pic. I think I'll show it the next time someone scoffingly asks me why I follow lower league football.
Dazzer

Postby Opinionated » Fri May 21, 2010 2:56 pm

RedRedWine wrote:I hate to sound like a killjoy, but don't misconstrue these photographs of the pitch invasion before the lap of honour as being anything other than a "lets get on tv, where is the camera" type attitude displayed by youth and a few adults who should have known better.

Totally agree, but there are idiots at every club but thankfully we have less than most.
'Patience is key in football' - Darren Lock
Opinionated

Postby scar » Fri May 21, 2010 3:17 pm

Was it the same youth who not very long after jumping on Tony Roberts back then gave the Daggers fans the V's or was that a different youth?

As Keith said, it was a shame that the idiots didn't show respect for the club in their actions but glad that they cleared the pitch and allowed the lap of honour to take place.
scar

Postby Morecamber » Fri May 21, 2010 4:23 pm

scar wrote:Was it the same youth who not very long after jumping on Tony Roberts back then gave the Daggers fans the V's or was that a different youth?

As Keith said, it was a shame that the idiots didn't show respect for the club in their actions but glad that they cleared the pitch and allowed the lap of honour to take place.

I'm sure the youth who was on Tony Roberts didn't give there fans the V's, me and the other youths who went over there clapped there fans and shook there hands :oops:
Morecamber

Postby Sammy h » Fri May 21, 2010 5:05 pm

I went over and clapped and shook hands with the Dagenham fans and i can assure you i am a "genuine" fan, i have been watching the shrimps since 96/97, no harm done at the end of the day.

Great night.
Sammy h

Postby Keith » Fri May 21, 2010 5:08 pm

scar wrote:As Keith said, it was a shame that the idiots didn't show respect for the club in their actions

Did I? :shock: I don't recall saying that! :?

RedRedWine wrote:I hate to sound like a killjoy, but don't misconstrue these photographs of the pitch invasion before the lap of honour as being anything other than a "lets get on tv, where is the camera" type attitude displayed by youth and a few adults who should have known better. I'm just glad that they eventually got off, and allowed the players to walk round before they all went back on again.

A tad unfair, there were Dagenham fans on the pitch celebrating with us all well after the TV cameras were switched off. I think there was enough genuine respect in the vast majority of the fans who went on the pitch. I too am pleased that they quite quickly got off but I think it was mainly over exuberance rather than trying to be famous.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby RedRedWine1 » Fri May 21, 2010 5:38 pm

Keith wrote:
scar wrote:As Keith said, it was a shame that the idiots didn't show respect for the club in their actions

RedRedWine wrote:I hate to sound like a killjoy, but don't misconstrue these photographs of the pitch invasion before the lap of honour as being anything other than a "lets get on tv, where is the camera" type attitude displayed by youth and a few adults who should have known better. I'm just glad that they eventually got off, and allowed the players to walk round before they all went back on again.

A tad unfair, there were Dagenham fans on the pitch celebrating with us all well after the TV cameras were switched off. I think there was enough genuine respect in the vast majority of the fans who went on the pitch. I too am pleased that they quite quickly got off but I think it was mainly over exuberance rather than trying to be famous.

A simple set of instructions were given throughout the match via the public address system, along with a warning about the possible implications regarding what may happen should those instructions not be adhered to. If you can't follow such basic instructions, then you clearly are an oxygen thief. I've no problems with supporters going on the pitch, but only when the club had announced that this was allowed. Given that the club had clearly planned for supporters to go on the pitch anyway, I don't see why they couldn't wait like everybody else.....except the cameras would have well and truely stopped rolling by that point.

The daft 200 or so who invaded the pitch before the lap of honour risked a premature evening for the majority of true Morecambe fans who wanted to applaud the squad for their efforts throughout the clubs most successful league season. Doing this was a purely selfish act in my opinion, and I'm glad that they quickly pissed off and didn't ruin what was a great close to our great old home. And as for the ones who invaded after the second goal…..morons, lifetime bans from Christie Park should be sent out! ;)
RedRedWine1

Postby Sammy h » Fri May 21, 2010 6:02 pm

Yawn, we just had the most successful season ever at Morecambe football club and we still moan.
Sammy h

Postby Wild Bill » Fri May 21, 2010 6:29 pm

RedRedWine wrote:
Keith wrote:

A simple set of instructions were given throughout the match via the public address system, along with a warning about the possible implications regarding what may happen should those instructions not be adhered to. If you can't follow such basic instructions, then you clearly are an oxygen thief. I've no problems with supporters going on the pitch, but only when the club had announced that this was allowed. Given that the club had clearly planned for supporters to go on the pitch anyway, I don't see why they couldn't wait like everybody else.....except the cameras would have well and truely stopped rolling by that point.

The daft 200 or so who invaded the pitch before the lap of honour risked a premature evening for the majority of true Morecambe fans who wanted to applaud the squad for their efforts throughout the clubs most successful league season. Doing this was a purely selfish act in my opinion, and I'm glad that they quickly pissed off and didn't ruin what was a great close to our great old home. And as for the ones who invaded after the second goal…..morons, lifetime bans from Christie Park should be sent out! ;)

I was very surprised that the club's 'organised' pitch invasion went so well - pitch invasions are supposed to be spontainious! The half dozen stewards seemed to have an invisible fence that was holding back about a 1000 kids, who were chomping at the bit!

I am too old now for running on the pitch but 15 years ago we seemed to do it at the end of every season. The few kids that ran on certainly didn't do any harm and actually provided a bit of entertainment, easpecially the kid who managed to avoid every copper and steward and make it safely back into the crowd. Its only a shame we didn't have a streaker on the night too! :lol:
Wild Bill

Postby RedRedWine1 » Fri May 21, 2010 6:45 pm

Quit yawning - you're stealing my oxygen :D

Nah, apologies if I appear to be having a moan - I'm really quite a positive individual. I'm just putting a fairly pointless 'what if' scenario forward in a fairly unconstructive way. But what if the players hadn't come back due to a few people disregarding the clubs wishes? I just think to potentially risk the enjoyment of everybody is a little bit irresponsible and unfair.

Great scenes at the end though, having the opposition players do a lap of honour and get the applause they deserved for being the better side over two legs would probably be laughed at by most other clubs as being a bit soft and sporting, but its because of gestures like this that I'm proud to be a shrimp.... long may our humility continue.
RedRedWine1

Postby Sammy h » Fri May 21, 2010 6:59 pm

RedRedWine wrote:Quit yawning - you're stealing my oxygen :D

Nah, apologies if I appear to be having a moan - I'm really quite a positive individual. I'm just putting a fairly pointless 'what if' scenario forward in a fairly unconstructive way. But what if the players hadn't come back due to a few people disregarding the clubs wishes? I just think to potentially risk the enjoyment of everybody is a little bit irresponsible and unfair.

Great scenes at the end though, having the opposition players do a lap of honour and get the applause they deserved for being the better side over two legs would probably be laughed at by most other clubs as being a bit soft and sporting, but its because of gestures like this that I'm proud to be a shrimp.... long may our humility continue.

The oxygen is mine!!

To be honest it shows how friendly our club is when you look at some of the pitch invasions over the last couple of weeks. The players did go up to the main stand at the end anyway, at the end of the day it was a top night and a great way to send off fortress Christie.
Sammy h

Postby wijit » Fri May 21, 2010 7:27 pm

Perhaps "redredwhine" would be more appropriate. Maybe there were some rose petals in gardens for you to pull off on the way home, just to make your night complete.
wijit

Postby RedRedWine1 » Fri May 21, 2010 8:42 pm

Thats quite good for you wijit. Crumbs, I've been rumbled... Not one rose petal to be seen on the way home from my attendance at the last ever, not to be missed, historic christie park send off. Who would have thought it, given that they are in season and everything. It's why I'm in a foul mood!
RedRedWine1

Postby Caged Lion » Fri May 21, 2010 9:20 pm

Just took a peek through the set and some are absolutely sensational, the two kids under the sign 'We're gonna win 7-6' are ace. Olly certainly knows when to press the button for a pic to sum up the emotion. That pic of Roberts and the young Morecambe fan summed up the occasion brilliantly.

I think that he is a Burnley fan? Who Ate All The Pies was/is a Burnley fanzine and Olly was always an interesting contributor to various Clarets forums.
Caged Lion

Return to General Discussion