Chris Blackburn

Chris Blackburn

Postby Christies Child » Fri May 21, 2010 6:18 am

According to the Fans Forum, he's on the verge of signing for Wrexham.

Seems a waste to me. Would you consider him back at the club?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Chris Blackburn

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Fri May 21, 2010 6:58 am

Not for me.

we have better in Jimbo and Dave Artell.

if as seems possible , Haining leaves I think Andy Parrish will be a central defender and compete with the above 2 for a position.

Its midfield where the real surgery is required. Stanners last night showed how good he really is and probably just deserved to pip Barry for man of the match.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby ezz » Fri May 21, 2010 7:50 am

Course I'd take him back he is a class act. Him and Parrish/Haining would be good CB's blackburn could easily cover injuries or go right back if parrish is center. Cheap, experienced, played for us before and more importantly....solid. OUr defence hasn't looked as strong sine he left to be honest.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby paulshrimp » Fri May 21, 2010 10:20 am

Not sure about getting Blackburn back but I was very impressed with the Artell/Parrish combination at the back. With Moss and Wilson they looked secure against against a good team like D & R, although I still think that Wilson looked more dangerous when he played in midfield at the end. The thing that worries me is the overall lack of pace in our team which I am sure Sammy will sort out. It's a pity that Jimbo couldn't get 5 minutes at the end after Artell scored. Overall a brilliant season and congratulations to all the staff at MFC.
paulshrimp

Postby Preston Shrimp » Fri May 21, 2010 10:28 am

i'd take Blackburn back. would be a great squad player and would hold his own in our backline. he's better than haining!!
Preston Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri May 21, 2010 11:31 am

No we have moved on and we are a better side now.
heysham_mfc

Postby ezz » Fri May 21, 2010 11:35 am

We might have got better, but he'd still wakl into our defence. Anyone who thinks otherwise only needs to be reminded of our defenseive record.
Granted we were in the conference when he played for us, but at right back or centerback he was our best defender.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby P/T Indie » Fri May 21, 2010 11:40 am

I thought he had a good game against us the other day at full back. Would be able to play anywhere across the back and add a bit of pace to the defence.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby RedRedWine1 » Fri May 21, 2010 11:58 am

Blackburn comes across as a bit of a strange character, never really settling anywhere, and even a bit aloof.

Playing wise, we shouldn't be bringing in any players that are not already better than what we have. It us debateable, but I'm not sure if Jesus is better than Artell or the ever improving Andy Parrish.
RedRedWine1

Postby Ntini » Fri May 21, 2010 12:32 pm

HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby Keith » Fri May 21, 2010 3:14 pm

ezz wrote:We might have got better, but he'd still wakl into our defence. Anyone who thinks otherwise only needs to be reminded of our defenseive record.
Granted we were in the conference when he played for us, but at right back or centerback he was our best defender.

On that logic, I could play centre back because of our defensive record! :lol: :lol: :lol: He's looked poor every time I've seen him play against us. I wouldn't have looked towards him to strengthen our squad. Yet another in a long line of players who have left Morecambe when we've wanted to keep them and then seen their career go steadily downwards.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Ntini » Fri May 21, 2010 3:58 pm

Keith wrote:Yet another in a long line of players who have left Morecambe when we've wanted to keep them and then seen their career go steadily downwards.

I think that's a tad unfair when he went to Swindon. I know he then went back down to the Conference after few appearances, but still a bit harsh Keith!
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby Keith » Fri May 21, 2010 5:01 pm

Ntini wrote:
Keith wrote:Yet another in a long line of players who have left Morecambe when we've wanted to keep them and then seen their career go steadily downwards.

I think that's a tad unfair when he went to Swindon. I know he then went back down to the Conference after few appearances, but still a bit harsh Keith!

But that's my point. He left for 'better things' but it didn't work out and he ended up going backwards from there. Justin Jackson would be a good example of another player who left for 'better things' and really struggled from then on. I know he had a successful season at Rushden & Diamonds but he never really did as well as he had been with Morecambe.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Morecambe Player » Fri May 21, 2010 5:55 pm

You could also say the same about John Hardiker I suppose. Although I think with him it wasn't just down to his footballing ability.
Morecambe Player

Return to General Discussion