Thanks

Thanks

Postby Mike (D&R) » Fri May 21, 2010 9:22 am

Well done last night on the great 2-2 draw (yeah I know, but did you see how bad that decision was???)

The fact that the Sky commentators were so surprised about your fans and our fans rushing onto the pitch to shake hands at the end says so much about our two clubs and the contrast of that with football in general.

Good luck in your new home and see you in 2011/12 I hope.
Mike (D&R)

Re: Thanks

Postby Opinionated » Fri May 21, 2010 9:30 am

Think fate won us the match, any other result would have been a disappointing send off. Fair play to the linesman for not spoiling the party :D. It's great to see the fans of both clubs have a great relationship with one another. I didn't expect to see such friendship after we entered the football league, Millwall and West Ham take note :shock:. Good luck at Wembley hope you gain promotion in style and I think your squad has enough quality to compete in League 1.
'Patience is key in football' - Darren Lock
Opinionated

Postby Christie Top Cat » Fri May 21, 2010 10:06 am

Just read the article in the Belfast Telegraph and comment 'think they were just sore losers'., I think NOT, were else in the league would Daggers have been shown the respect that our fans gave them? Our friend Tony Roberts must have been surprised at his welcome and send off last night-good on yah Tony for joining in the spirit of things.Anyway enjoy the experience at Wembly. (posted here 'cos know the daggers view)

HAVE A GOOD REST SHRIMPS SEE YOU AT THE GLOBE
Christie Top Cat

Postby Morecambe Player » Fri May 21, 2010 10:22 am

Tony Roberts was a star last night. Even conducting the "Do you" chant. and doing a bend over stretch after it. And after the Morecambe fans sang "There's only one Tony Roberts" after the game, he then summoned up another "Do you" chant.

Quality.
Morecambe Player

Postby Mike (D&R) » Fri May 21, 2010 11:19 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_3/8682187.stm

Worth a listen to the Terry Harris interview.

And I agree Robbo is a legend.
Mike (D&R)

Postby Richard Head » Fri May 21, 2010 2:56 pm

Morecambe Player wrote:Tony Roberts was a star last night. Even conducting the "Do you" chant. and doing a bend over stretch after it. And after the Morecambe fans sang "There's only one Tony Roberts" after the game, he then summoned up another "Do you" chant.

Quality.

Hopefully we can leave the 'Do you take it up the ****' chant behind at Christie. What's the difference between a chant tlke that and one about someone's race or colour.

And dont try to say its light hearted banter. Try telling that to someone who has a 10 year old with them asking what it means
Richard Head

Postby Opinionated » Fri May 21, 2010 3:01 pm

Richard Head wrote:
Morecambe Player wrote:Tony Roberts was a star last night. Even conducting the "Do you" chant. and doing a bend over stretch after it. And after the Morecambe fans sang "There's only one Tony Roberts" after the game, he then summoned up another "Do you" chant.

Quality.

Hopefully we can leave the 'Do you take it up the ****' chant behind at Christie. What's the difference between a chant tlke that and one about someone's race or colour.

And dont try to say its light hearted banter. Try telling that to someone who has a 10 year old with them asking what it means

I have never understood why homophobic chanting is allowed. I have always considered it hugely offensive and don't understand how people dare sing that song.
Opinionated

Postby rickster » Fri May 21, 2010 3:37 pm

opinionated and richard head BORING. lighten up Its only banter :roll:
rickster

Postby Opinionated » Fri May 21, 2010 3:42 pm

rickster wrote:opinionated and richard head BORING. lighten up Its only banter :roll:

It crosses a line in my opinion.
Opinionated

Postby Stewie » Fri May 21, 2010 3:45 pm

opinionated and richard head BORING. lighten up Its only banter

Would it be "banter" if it was racist?

Go back to the 1970`s
Stewie

Postby Keith » Fri May 21, 2010 3:56 pm

I'm not actually sure it is homophobic, as the blokes who are singing it are offering err, themselves as a willing partner. If anything, they are proudly demonstrating their own homosexuality and that they find the bloke they are singing it to attractive! Now if there are women joining in the chant, I believe there are web sites devoted to that kind of activity (err... that's what Aspers told me...)
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Richard Head » Fri May 21, 2010 3:57 pm

rickster wrote:opinionated and richard head BORING. lighten up Its only banter :roll:

If you want some banter why not go the whole hog and chuck a few bananas on the pitch or make a few gorilla noises
Richard Head

Postby scar » Fri May 21, 2010 4:00 pm

Homophobic? Nope, just good banter between their keeper who obviously found it amusing and leight hearted otherwise he wouldn't have requested an 'encour' but that's just my opinion!

And for the girls joining in the chant......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WoQQ-mAQeE
[EDIT: Worth pointing out that the video, while mildly humorous deals with 'adult themes' of the type referred to in the chant that led to this discussion and may be offensive to some people/younger children. ]
scar

Postby scar » Fri May 21, 2010 4:02 pm

Richard Head wrote:

If you want some banter why not go the whole hog and chuck a few bananas on the pitch or make a few gorilla noises

Why, does Tony Roberts like Bananas and have a similar amount of hair on his chest and back as a Gorilla?
scar

Postby Sammy h » Fri May 21, 2010 5:08 pm

It happens all over the hundreds of grounds we have in this country. One of them things unfortunately.
Sammy h

Return to General Discussion