Sammy

Re: Sammy

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu May 20, 2010 3:27 pm

marky wrote:Yes, I would. But then I'm not afraid of expressing emotions like that. But again, you are inferring that to be a true fan, you had to feel distraught at losing 6-0, not angry. I repeat that people react in different ways. Emotions and reactions differ in the same way that opinions do. What Sammy fails to understand is that people being angry or frustrated or disappointed or embarrassed is not an indication that there is an unrealistic level of expectation, nor does it mean that they are not true fans and should stay away. Frankly, if people care enough to express it on here (particularly those who are regular posters anyway) then it shows that they are true fans. We had lost 6-0 to a team we've taken 4 points from this season. I don't think it was unrealistic to expect at least a relatively even match and I don't believe the reaction to such a heavy defeat was in any way an indication of overly high expectation levels. To that end, I believe Sammy is fundamentally wrong in his assertions. He's been an international football manager for goodness sake. He should already know that the mild criticisms at Morecambe are nothing compared to the pressures at that level, which makes his comments even more surprising. Anyway, onwards and upwards. His task is now to restore some pride (though he shouldn't really need to say anything to the players on that front).

^^^
what he said
heysham_mfc

Postby RedRedWine1 » Thu May 20, 2010 4:34 pm

Sammy is not having a go at the entire fanbase, he actually applauded the fans at dagenham for their efforts. I don't think it comes across that way at all. I don't even believe he is having a go at those people who are critical of one bad performance. He is having a go at certain individuals on here that have moaned all season, despite not actually attending many games and the team finishing in it's best ever league position. The same people who were calling for his head earlier in the season. The same type of people who won't be at the game tonight because they have got something more important to do, yet they find the time to come on here and give everybody a lecture about basic psychology (the biggest pile unfounded tosh ever written). As I said earlier, wasted energy that would be better spent getting right behind the club and what they are looking to achieve.
RedRedWine1

Postby MorecambeMickey » Thu May 20, 2010 4:46 pm

RedRedWine wrote:Sammy is not having a go at the entire fanbase, he actually applauded the fans at dagenham for their efforts. I don't think it comes across that way at all. I don't even believe he is having a go at those people who are critical of one bad performance. He is having a go at certain individuals on here that have moaned all season, despite not actually attending many games and the team finishing in it's best ever league position. The same people who were calling for his head earlier in the season. The same type of people who won't be at the game tonight because they have got something more important to do, yet they find the time to come on here and give everybody a lecture about basic psychology (the biggest pile unfounded tosh ever written). As I said earlier, wasted energy that would be better spent getting right behind the club and what they are looking to achieve.

What he said.
MorecambeMickey

Postby wijit » Thu May 20, 2010 9:09 pm

MorecambeMickey wrote:
RedRedWine wrote:Sammy is not having a go at the entire fanbase, he actually applauded the fans at dagenham for their efforts. I don't think it comes across that way at all. I don't even believe he is having a go at those people who are critical of one bad performance. He is having a go at certain individuals on here that have moaned all season, despite not actually attending many games and the team finishing in it's best ever league position. The same people who were calling for his head earlier in the season. The same type of people who won't be at the game tonight because they have got something more important to do, yet they find the time to come on here and give everybody a lecture about basic psychology (the biggest pile unfounded tosh ever written). As I said earlier, wasted energy that would be better spent getting right behind the club and what they are looking to achieve.

What he said.

What he said about what he said.
wijit

Previous

Return to General Discussion