Sammy

Sammy

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed May 19, 2010 3:56 pm

well we now know that Sammy reads this forum.

He was on Radio Lancs at 1-30 and said that the fans that posted on here criticising the performance at Dagenham within minutes of the end of the game should stay away tomorrow night.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Re: Sammy

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed May 19, 2010 4:02 pm

Why this is a forum for the fans of the club whats the point of it if we can't voice our views. Yes quite a few comments were a bit harsh but at the end if the day the team played nowhere near what they can do it was a very bad game for the whole team but that does not mean people who made comments after the game should not attend tommorrows game.
heysham_mfc

Postby The Fury » Wed May 19, 2010 4:19 pm

I hope that he exalted those who did attend at Dagenham, however.
The Fury

Postby Morecambe Jack » Wed May 19, 2010 4:36 pm

This is one of the only things that annoys me about Sammy. Its not the first time that he has gone to the media complaining about what is a very, very small number of "supporters" at this club.

Dagenham fans were praising our supporters after the game for staying to applaud their players. We outsung Dagenham for the entire 90 minutes despite the team not showing up. We even clapped our own team off when most other clubs would be booing them for what was an inept performance.

I just wish Sammy would go to the media and praise us for what we are- on the whole, the best supporters in this country. Just forget about the few idiots.
Morecambe Jack

Postby Keith » Wed May 19, 2010 4:43 pm

“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby barclay » Wed May 19, 2010 4:57 pm

Does seem a strange standpoint when he himself said to go to Dagenham and lose 6-0 was 'unacceptable'
barclay

Postby The Fury » Wed May 19, 2010 5:08 pm

Morecambe Jack wrote:This is one of the only things that annoys me about Sammy. Its not the first time that he has gone to the media complaining about what is a very, very small number of "supporters" at this club.

Dagenham fans were praising our supporters after the game for staying to applaud their players. We outsung Dagenham for the entire 90 minutes despite the team not showing up. We even clapped our own team off when most other clubs would be booing them for what was an inept performance.

I just wish Sammy would go to the media and praise us for what we are- on the whole, the best supporters in this country. Just forget about the few idiots.

Indeed. Further, it always grates with me how willing he is to receive the adulation of the fans when we win, yet rarely acknowledge us when we lose. Admittedly, I have no idea if he did approach the fans after the final whistle at Dagenham on Sunday.
The Fury

Postby Sammy h » Wed May 19, 2010 5:09 pm

Morecambe Jack wrote:This is one of the only things that annoys me about Sammy. Its not the first time that he has gone to the media complaining about what is a very, very small number of "supporters" at this club.

Got to agree, what about all this positivity going on? He never seems to mention any of that.

He does it on Late kick off all the time.
Sammy h

Postby Dan.Campbell » Wed May 19, 2010 5:10 pm

"you can't please everyone especially at Morecambe"...

Annoys me a bit. The vast majority, if not all Morecambe fans are very pleased with where we finished in the league and how our club is run. The fact is, whether we finished 4th or not the performance on the pitch by the team on Sunday was an absolute joke. I definitely don't have too high expectations from our team but i also don't expect us to get a battering to the likes of 6-0 against a club who are no better than us.

I really don't know what Sammy expects to hear when a result like that comes through.
Dan.Campbell

Postby HALMA 1983 » Wed May 19, 2010 5:14 pm

If everybody took notice of what Sammy said there we'd only have our usual (under 2,000) crowd for the last ever game at Christie. Alot of what is said on here is pass the time nonsense and a place where would be champ managers cut their teeth :lol:

I see nothing personal in others comments on here other than they actually give a damn and show passion enough to speak out about their concerns, Long may it continue!
HALMA 1983

Postby marky » Wed May 19, 2010 5:18 pm

To coin a phrase Gordon Brown used in one of the election debates, he needs to 'get real'. He's lucky to be at a club whose fans, even those who may not like him and occasionally have issues, tend to be pretty civil about it. I can think of many clubs where a 6-0 defeat in such a massive game would have been met with a chorus of boos and there would have been much worse things said on the related message board compared to what has been said on here.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby shrimps104 » Wed May 19, 2010 5:25 pm

"Absolutely unbelievable. Unbelievable. I'm very very proud of the Morecambe fans. Very very proud of the Morecambe fans today, they were absolutely fantastic. Football's a cruel game at times, and today it was very cruel. To be honest with you, we didn't deserve anything today but the fans kept cheering us on right through which was a credit to them".

Sammy on Morecambe Player after the game on Sunday.
shrimps104

Postby Keith » Wed May 19, 2010 5:31 pm

marky wrote:I can think of many clubs where a 6-0 defeat in such a massive game would have been met with a chorus of boos and there would have been much worse things said on the related message board compared to what has been said on here.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 658657.stm
How a Conference defeat was taken.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Christies Child » Wed May 19, 2010 5:47 pm

Sammy is perfectly entitled to his opinon BUT he has to accept that the fans are also entitled to theirs, providing it doesn't become abusive. And whilst those opinions may differ, I believe that we are ALL after the same end result.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby N Saban » Wed May 19, 2010 5:53 pm

I'm really dissapointed by Sammy's comments on the radio today! the fans that went to Dagenham on Sunday (myself included) were absolutely fantastic and any manager should be proud to have fans like us. There is not one fan who would have been happy with the perfomance and on here is the place to air those views. While we are at the game we support the players for the full 90minutes. Every club has moaners every fan that passess through the turnstiles is entitled to their opinion and even the most die hard fan has days when you can't put a positive gloss on a football match.Sammy should realise that insted of slating any of the fans through the media. We don't expect to much but we do have standards. Anyway We will all be there tomorrow to say farewell to Christie and applaud the effortss of all the players and all the staff just the way it should be!
N Saban

Postby Posh » Wed May 19, 2010 5:58 pm

I'm staggered by the comments Sammy makes in that interview. He needs to get borrow a thicker skin from someone.

At the end of season party, given we'd made the playoffs, had a good win and were in a good mood he still chose to give some fans stick for comments earlier in the season when we were down at the bottom of the league. It was the only negative comment of the night and was totally unnecessary, as were these now.

'Especially Morecambe', 'expectations out the window' - he wants to manage Bradford for a week, he'd self-combust at the massive level of expectation of their fans, not a tiny minority but thousands of them.

Other fans would have invaded the pitch to attack the opposition, others would have booed their team off but no, to a man, everyone of us supported our side to the end even though we were very publically thrashed.

Elsewhere Sammy says things like http://www.chorley-guardian.co.uk/morec ... 6013015.jp he wants the fans back at Christie Park. They're hardly going to pour in if they're told later not to go because they can't take a 6-0 defeat well.

Some of us talk Morecambe up to anyone who will listen and know we're really passionate about it. I've had over 70 texts, phone calls, emails and social media messages this week, to be fair most of them have been quite sympathetic but loads have taken the piss and ridiculed me and my team. I don't tell them to go away, not be friends and never blight my door again I either ignore it or deal with it with humour.

Sammy you need to be bigger than a few comments on a messageboard and you need to be intelligent enough to know how these things work and not get wound up kids and trolls. Nobody knows who is under fire from blanket comments like these, so any fan who has even the mildest criticism of Sunday's performance could feel like the target of these ill-judged remarks.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby George Dawes » Wed May 19, 2010 6:09 pm

id like to know which odd one or two comments upset him on here after the final whistle?

i think it's this link ---> viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7581

but in his defence he's only human after all and lost his cool, and i dont think for one moment he was having a pop at anybody who actually went to the game like some people are suggesting on here
George Dawes

Postby Morecambe Jack » Wed May 19, 2010 6:19 pm

DawZi wrote: i dont think for one moment he was having a pop at anybody who actually went to the game like some people are suggesting on here

I might not have worded my first post well. I know Sammy isnt having a pop at those of us who went, Ive seen the player interview. Its just that with all due respect, that interview is only going to be seen by 10's of people whereas the Radio Lancashire interview will be heard by thousands (similarly on LKO) yet there was no mention of our good support there, just the few idiots.

I want the whole of Lancashire to know how good our support was on Sunday despite the result and Sammy could have told them, instead he has given a couple of individuals some attention and shed us as fans in a bad light.
Morecambe Jack

Postby steve mfc » Wed May 19, 2010 6:58 pm

Keith wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/p007tqkc

28 minutes in. :?

Just listened to it, i wonder if there was anything edited out which has put a different slant on what he said, either way Sammy should just ignore the few and think himself lucky that he is at a club with such a loyal support, has there been one game since he took over that the fans haven't chanted his name at least once in a game i very much doubt it.

As to message boards you wont find one in this country that doesn't have its share of moaners.
steve mfc

Postby Posh » Wed May 19, 2010 7:02 pm

DawZi wrote:but in his defence he's only human after all and lost his cool

Three days after the game and nowhere near a computer his only public comments other than his post-match ones are to say 'especially at Morecambe' and slate a few part-timers and tell a few fans unhappy about a 6-0 drubbing to stay away. Hmmm.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby bigreddog » Wed May 19, 2010 7:09 pm

I think it's clear that those who were almost immediately critical were either not there and watching it on their comfy armchairs, or were those people who would be calling for Sammy's head even if we won the champions league (they know who they are, I have one stod behind me most weeks and he knows the square root of sod all when it comes to football), it's a shame that sammy has felt he needed to single those people out, but he's clearly pissed off with everything including the result, let's not forget he's a very proud man. personaly I agree with posh, sammy has no need to rise to comments.

he should do exactly what he's asking us to do: we forgive one very bad day at the office and look to the fact that we've had a great season and finished fourth, as he would say: fantastic! he should put the negative comments into perspective and look at the fact that over five hundred of us sang our hearts out for him and the team in spite of the score, and forgive us the fact that we aren't 100% built in that mould, but overall our support is well fantastic!

one thing though, the let them eat cake, expectations have gone out of window comment is a strange one. the reason why expectations are so high sammy is because of you and the team you've put together. it's a good thing, it's not that we don't get how far we've come. it's that you give us hope of how much further we can go.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby Keith » Wed May 19, 2010 7:36 pm

bigreddog wrote:...those people who would be calling for Sammy's head even if we won the champions league (they know who they are, I have one stod behind me most weeks and he knows the square root of sod all when it comes to football), it's a shame that sammy has felt he needed to single those people out, but he's clearly pissed off with everything including the result, let's not forget he's a very proud man.

I stand to be corrected, but since Sunday, I don't recall seeing a solitary post calling for his head. No "he's taken us as far as he can" type of comments. As I said elsewhere, I think the message board has been incredibly accepting and positive considering this was out biggest defeat for over seven years. The vast majority of fans believe we've had a superb season. Considering most of us will have had friends taking the... because they actually saw the way we capitulated, there has been very little upset, frustration or anger expressed, even in "the worst" thread.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby bigreddog » Wed May 19, 2010 8:33 pm

so is he hallucinating then keith?

nor does it say that they have called for his head this week, but all you need to do is listen to some of the whingers on the north stand, it's not new it's a little internal sport for some.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed May 19, 2010 8:41 pm

Well what else did he expect losing 6-0 to a team in the play offs and not showing any fight at all!!!
heysham_mfc

Postby Keith » Wed May 19, 2010 9:24 pm

bigreddog wrote:but all you need to do is listen to some of the whingers on the north stand, it's not new it's a little internal sport for some.

So you're suggesting he'd mixing up the words "North Stand" with "message board"? Easy mistake :roll:

Keith
Site Admin

Next

Return to General Discussion