reliving the trauma?

reliving the trauma?

Postby Keith » Wed May 19, 2010 10:00 am

Has anyone watched the lowlights of the game again? I've just plucked up the courage to view the BBC for the first time since Sunday...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... efault.stm
Be warned, it's more horrific than Doctor Who.

Watching it again is painful but it really brings home how dreadful we were at the back. If we hadn't had the referee on our side, they would have had three penalties. Andy Parrish heading the ball to their lad when it looked easier to head back to Barry, although the way he was playing, it would have gone through his legs! Jimbo's penalty conceded was a wild swipe that totally missed the ball, Haining playing keep ball but at a corner flag but at the wrong end of the pitch. Dreadful marking for the goal from the corner... Daggers didn't actually score a decent goal, we had a hand in all of them! What a bizarre game, where so many players had an off day all at the same time.

They certainly owe us a show tomorrow!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: reliving the trauma?

Postby Ntini » Wed May 19, 2010 10:07 am

I can't pluck up the courage to even re-read the match report, let alone watch it again!!!
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby CASS » Wed May 19, 2010 10:16 am

Brave man...I was at work on "Bloody Sunday" and tuned in to radio Lancs for the first time in a few years (we have issues) to listen to quinny and Stanners.At 4 - 0 I re tuned to Elain Page who ironicly was playing "With a little bit of luck" from My fair Lady. After work I was soon at Milnthorpe Cricket Club chucking Lancaster Blonde down my neck as fast as is humainly possible. I endured the sniggers and comments from all and sundry most of them armchair fans who have never ever set foot in the grounds of their "Beloved" clubs.
After may be 2 quarts of ale I made my way home grabbed the remote of the Catering Manager
tuned in to the Sky+ planner and deleated the shambles. So there you go..Mr Fitton you are a braver man than me.
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby stoyles » Wed May 19, 2010 11:26 am

I watched it on monday night mainly to see if it was as bad as it felt (as Dr carling had erased most memories). And i have to say i think they were more fortunate than good, the only goal that did'nt have a touch of bad luck/ poor judgement about it was the goal from the corner.

As you can see i have found my glasses.
stoyles

Postby Keith » Wed May 19, 2010 11:50 am

stoyles wrote:...the only goal that did'nt have a touch of bad luck/ poor judgement about it was the goal from the corner.

As you can see i have found my glasses.

you mean the one where Andy Parrish has jumped, gone up and landed again before the ball actually arrived at the head of the goalscorer??? :roll: That was as dreadful as the rest I thought. The finish after Barry's pass to their forward was superb, ditto after Haining's farting about by the corner but I don't recall anything that we didn't gift them. I'm not watching the lowlights again to check though, once was once more than enough!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Dazzer » Wed May 19, 2010 12:00 pm

I got back Sunday night, threw a couple of stiff drinks down my neck and then for some unkown reason decided to put on the planner and watch the whole 90 minutes again. I think I was hoping that TV would show them to be six lucky off-side goals. It did'nt, it showed them to be six defensive howlers.
It reminded me of one of those FA Cup 3rd round games you see, a Premiership team against a non-league team, such was the gulf between the teams.

Then I went to work Monday morning to be met by an announcement of impending sweeping redundancies.

'It's not been a good 24 hours' I thought to myself.
Dazzer

Postby Mike (D&R) » Wed May 19, 2010 12:19 pm

Having done the absolute opposite and watched the whole thing through again twice and seen the BBC web highlights every time I take a tea break I can confirm that Morecambe's comedy defending did in fact contribute vastly to the scoreline on Sunday.

I do recall saying to my mates even before we scored the first that it was obvious how "up for it" the Daggers players were and I think that was the real difference between the teams on Sunday, your guys didn't really ever give as good as they were getting, never battled as hard as us. Having won the battle, the goals just kept on coming.

Maybe we didn't deserve six but you couldn't have griped about 3 or 4 nil given the way the game went and the tie would be just about as over at that score too. Bear in mind we had two clear penalties turned down, Green just missed one late in the first half he would normally slot and Josh Scott had that shot flash just over late in the game too. You had one clear chance from Mullin early on apart from Duffy falling over in the second half.

Your team let you down Sunday, I would imagine they won't tomorrow as well, but it's a hell of a long shot and you will have to leave it open at the back for us to counter attack. I'm guessing 3-2 to Morecambe tomorrow (and hoping it never gets to 3-0).
Mike (D&R)

Postby ezz » Wed May 19, 2010 2:17 pm

The thing that annoyed me was how much 'up for it' you guys were compared to us. Its our first play-off in this league and we looked hungover!!!

Didn't string more than 4 passes together i dont think all game :cry:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby marky No.1 » Wed May 19, 2010 2:20 pm

ezz wrote:Didn't string more than 4 passes together i dont think all game :cry:

You saw 4!!! :o

You must have been wearing rose tinted spectacles! :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Wed May 19, 2010 3:27 pm

Mike (D&R) wrote:Maybe we didn't deserve six but you couldn't have griped about 3 or 4 nil given the way the game went and the tie would be just about as over at that score too.

That's very kind of you but I think most of us think we were lucky it stayed at six, it could easily have been eight or more! In fact, when we win 7-0 tomorrow, you lot will really be upset about the penalty decisions and your failure to carve out any clear chances without our assistance!

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Little Shrimp » Wed May 19, 2010 3:41 pm

Keith wrote:Has anyone watched the lowlights of the game again? I've just plucked up the courage to view the BBC for the first time since Sunday...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... efault.stm
Be warned, it's more horrific than Doctor Who.

Watching it again is painful but it really brings home how dreadful we were at the back. If we hadn't had the referee on our side, they would have had three penalties. Andy Parrish heading the ball to their lad when it looked easier to head back to Barry, although the way he was playing, it would have gone through his legs! Jimbo's penalty conceded was a wild swipe that totally missed the ball, Haining playing keep ball but at a corner flag but at the wrong end of the pitch. Dreadful marking for the goal from the corner... Daggers didn't actually score a decent goal, we had a hand in all of them! What a bizarre game, where so many players had an off day all at the same time.

They certainly owe us a show tomorrow!

I like Doctor Who...
Little Shrimp

Postby HALMA 1983 » Wed May 19, 2010 4:57 pm

Have to say that I deleted it off the planner with immediate effect as I wouldn't of been able to stomach another helping of what i'd just witnessed, Still hungover from it now and when you think of the form we were in before going into the game it made it even more unbelievable as to the outcome but that's football and time to forget it fast.
As for tomorrow the pressure is off and whatever happens we've still had an incredible season,
Good luck to Sammy, Mark and the players for our very last game at Christie
See you all there ;)
HALMA 1983

Postby Martin » Wed May 19, 2010 5:47 pm

Keith wrote:
Mike (D&R) wrote:Maybe we didn't deserve six but you couldn't have griped about 3 or 4 nil given the way the game went and the tie would be just about as over at that score too.

That's very kind of you but I think most of us think we were lucky it stayed at six, it could easily have been eight or more! In fact, when we win 7-0 tomorrow, you lot will really be upset about the penalty decisions and your failure to carve out any clear chances without our assistance!

I don't think we can gripe at six! Dagenham were up for it, we weren't. I sent a text to a friend when the sixth went in seriously fearing that the game could end in double figures. Whether all the goals were gifts or not, at least 2 of them still needed a good finish to score. As for the penalty shouts, that was the only bit of luck we had all afternoon!
Martin

Return to General Discussion