The Daggers fans

The Daggers fans

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed May 19, 2010 9:16 am

have a thread on which opponents they would like at Wembley:-

http://daggers.ytfc.com/daggers.mpl?id=156233

lets hope our players/management can use this sort of thing as motivation.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Re: The Daggers fans

Postby ezz » Wed May 19, 2010 9:35 am

We might win the home leg, but they are still going to wembley. They have every right to start making those threads to be fair :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Keith » Wed May 19, 2010 9:35 am

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:lets hope our players/management can use this sort of thing as motivation.

Yeah because a League Two play off semi-final, last game at Christie Park and professional pride aren't enough! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope Aldershot get through so that one southern team go up, preferably Dagenham & Redbridge.

We last conceded six at Gravesend & Northfleet in 2003/04 and last scored six away at Woking in 2002/03 so we aren't a team that sees 'sixes' very often. Twice in two games? No, I think Daggers fans can dig out their oyster cards...
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed May 19, 2010 11:03 am

Keith wrote:
Heysham_Shrimp wrote:lets hope our players/management can use this sort of thing as motivation.

Yeah because a League Two play off semi-final, last game at Christie Park and professional pride aren't enough! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope Aldershot get through so that one southern team go up, preferably Dagenham & Redbridge.

We last conceded six at Gravesend & Northfleet in 2003/04 and last scored six away at Woking in 2002/03 so we aren't a team that sees 'sixes' very often. Twice in two games? No, I think Daggers fans can dig out their oyster cards...

The only reason we haven't scored any "sixes" is because we always ease off when the game is safe. This time there won't be any easing off IF we do manage to get in front.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby shrimper » Wed May 19, 2010 11:40 am

Yep - we 'needed' to score three in the last quarter of an hour against Crewe and we did it with ten men!

Easy peasy Jevons threesy, I'm booking my Wembley hotel on Friday morning!

:D
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Alan » Wed May 19, 2010 11:49 am

Not quite the same but to show how turn arounds can be achieved, my very old brain recalled the following from the days when you played the same team twice over 3-4 days at Christmas....

Dec 26 1963 West Ham 2 v 8 Blackburn
Dec 28 1963 Blackburn 1 v 3 West Ham

O.K. so a big turn around is not likely..but whilst there is 90 mins to play it's not impossible.

Interesting to see the league 1 (prem) of 63-64 .....15 of the 22 then were in the just ended premier league 46 years later...and 4 of the others were Blackpool, WBA,
Leicester and Nottm F. from the top six of the Championship.

But Good luck to Dagenham IF they get to Wembley.
Alan

Return to General Discussion